web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Season 8 Unconfirmed and Possibly Fake Information
Topic Started: May 27 2017, 04:13 PM (100,986 Views)
Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Might as well get this space prepped for nonsense!
offline profile quote Top

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
I was just thinking about this today, but I feel like there's no way we get accurate information for Season 8, especially if they have to film important exteriors. As much as we're needing to take spoilers with a grain of salt this year, we're going to *each* need individual salt licks next year with the cagey bull D&D are going to try and pull next season to hide the story. I'm thinking filming five versions of a scene with different characters in each, multiple fake leakers across all boards, shutting down entire cities/counties/countries in order to maintain privacy, and probably doing away with scrips entirely and having the writers just recite what the actors are going to say, to their faces, the days they show up on set to film. It's going to be cray cray. No wonder it's going to take until 2019.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
This is sage advice, Zuzu!

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a major production filmed multiple scene versions/endings/etc to keep spoilers quashed. We'll see what extent production messed with us for season 7, and then triple that for season 8. At least.

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
So I stumbled upon these alleged leaked outlines for ep 1 to 4. Has anyone seen them? Do thee people claim they're from the HBO leaks?
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I've got them saved and ready to post when the season is over.

Definitely not from the 'HBO is Falling' leaks and likely just some Wanker of Wrongness like the 'dragonandthewolf' guy writing out his fantasy and calling it a leak.

Seriously, that dragonandthewolf/jorywea guy pisses me off.
online profile quote Top

BrendaofTarth
Mother of Cats
Mikki
Aug 10 2017, 07:11 AM
I've got them saved and ready to post when the season is over.

Definitely not from the 'HBO is Falling' leaks and likely just some Wanker of Wrongness like the 'dragonandthewolf' guy writing out his fantasy and calling it a leak.

Seriously, that dragonandthewolf/jorywea guy pisses me off.
Yeah, he's got the "leak" from the series finale where Arya supposedly kills Jaime as he's on his way to have sex with Brienne. She steals his face and then kills Cersei.

Puke. Of course it's fake

Ashes
Red Leatherer
See I read them because I am a snoop lol and first thing that dragon guy doesn't even have his blog website spelled right in the address. But anyway I don't believe him because in one version at the top he even says they are theories based and other people's theories. So basically it's him creating what he figures will happen. Also I read the HBO season 8 leaks and first of all D&D even said they hadn't thought of Season 8 until season 7 was done and I doubt HBO will get an outline they would get the final product and that's all they really have no say in any storylines so they don't need outlines. Just the final scripts. I mean sure they could be true but it sounds more of wishful thinking.

BrendaofTarth
Mother of Cats
Ashes
Aug 10 2017, 12:02 PM
See I read them because I am a snoop lol and first thing that dragon guy doesn't even have his blog website spelled right in the address. But anyway I don't believe him because in one version at the top he even says they are theories based and other people's theories. So basically it's him creating what he figures will happen. Also I read the HBO season 8 leaks and first of all D&D even said they hadn't thought of Season 8 until season 7 was done and I doubt HBO will get an outline they would get the final product and that's all they really have no say in any storylines so they don't need outlines. Just the final scripts. I mean sure they could be true but it sounds more of wishful thinking.
The thing is, when it comes to the leaks and spoilers, it's even more of a mine field now, because every shady character out there on the Net wants to somehow exploit Our Need To Know. I mean, what better way to give someone a virus and/or take someone's money? You know that every time HBO releases "we've been hacked" press release, the bottom-feeders crawl out and try to leech off the hype.

It's really all quite disgusting!

Ashes
Red Leatherer
I will say this I read them and what is interesting is that it wasn't until after the news broke that all of a sudden these outlines come to the surface. There is also the fact that this person posted 1 and 2 like 9 days ago and magically stopped only to post 3 and 4 two days ago then recently 5 and also with pretty bad grammar. So that tells me sure 1 and 2 could be leaked summaries but the others are made up from this persons need for fanfiction. They have funny points and interesting assumptions and they say outline and subject to change greatly on them all so that when they are found to be fake they can be like it wasn't us the show runners changed their minds. It's so simple to do in all honesty.

CTippy
Member Avatar
Red Leatherer
I accidentally stumbled upon some alleged season 8 leaks... I don't know if I want to laugh or throw up.

bluebell218
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
CTippy
Aug 11 2017, 01:45 PM
I accidentally stumbled upon some alleged season 8 leaks... I don't know if I want to laugh or throw up.
Jaime gets murdered by Hot Pie with a sword shaped baguette as revenge for hitting on Brienne because Hot Pie is secretly in love with her from that one time they met?? And then Hot Pie steals WW and is actually AA? CONSPIRACY. CONFIRMED.
Edited by bluebell218, Aug 11 2017, 01:48 PM.

BrendaofTarth
Mother of Cats
CTippy
Laughter always beats hurling... less mess.

I can tell you what's going to happen:

Dany and Drogon destroy the WW dragon,
Jon and the Wildings destroy the undead army,
Jaime and Brienne save Jon's life and destroy the Night King
Sansa is still wandering around Winterfell looking confused
Bran is now a tree
The Hound kills the Mountain
And Arya murders Cersei by murdering Qyburn and using his face

Really.
I know people at HBO and this is IT, kids!*

*this is a joke in case I need to point that out

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
CTippy
Is this you just now?

Posted Image
online profile quote Top

CTippy
Member Avatar
Red Leatherer
I knew I should've stopped reading the moment I realised it was a season 8 "leak" but the fact that contained the names "Cersei, Hot Danish Pacey, Jaime, Brienne" got the better of me. And now I wish I had stopped myself.

Also, yes and no, koops. On the outside I am that GIF, on the inside I am definitely throwing up. LOL

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
To be honest I first read a couple of words that made me think of something completely different (in a bad way), which is why I caved in and read the thing. Now I don't known if what I had in mind was better or worse than this :laugh:

Still, not buying it.
online profile quote Top

CTippy
Member Avatar
Red Leatherer
That piece I've read sounded like a JC fanfiction. I am more and more sure I don't want to read season 8 leaks during the hiatus, otherwise I'll go totally insane.

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
I don't know that I want to read them either, but they just fly into my face sometimes when I'm online. I feel like I literally need to go live under a rock!
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
We can't even begin to assess the possible validity of these 'leaks' until S7 is over. I'm holding off until then.
online profile quote Top

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
Season 8 "leaks" are not going to be for the faint of heart, I'm warning you.

Ashes
Red Leatherer
There were a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes for it to be actually from the writers. I think it's just someone takibg advantage of the HBO leak. I m not surprised they are doing it but I m not putting any stock into them. Mainly because they came out after the article about the hacks- it's quite advantageous.

CTippy
Member Avatar
Red Leatherer
I think I will venture a little bit in the world of leaks and spoilers when season 8 has already aired at least one episode.

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
My problem is that I love engaging with this fandom but it's pretty much impossible to be online and not stumble upon something. So I feel like I would have to give up fandom altogether and I don't know if I can! The dilemma!
online profile quote Top

ballade
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
koops
Aug 11 2017, 04:25 PM
My problem is that I love engaging with this fandom but it's pretty much impossible to be online and not stumble upon something. So I feel like I would have to give up fandom altogether and I don't know if I can! The dilemma!
Even though I don't *really* believe it, there's some thought Winds will be out before Season 8, so maybe we can engage fandom that way while remaining unspoiled. I'm so torn on spoilers because I needed them this season what with Jaime still seeming to be tied to Cersei, but once I know them, I feel like I might set myself up for disappointment if I expect too much to happen to soon.

Aerest
Member Avatar
HYPEkeeper
Koops, I stick to JBO and didn't see any S8 leaks yet.
And even while being fully active on here I didn't read a single spoiler/leak of S7 outside this board (apart from Dick, because I've been fangirling them :D ). At the boards I can pretty much decide for myself how far I want to read into the spoiler discussion - or not.
online profile quote Top

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
ballade
Aug 11 2017, 04:32 PM
koops
Aug 11 2017, 04:25 PM
Even though I don't *really* believe it, there's some thought Winds will be out before Season 8, so maybe we can engage fandom that way while remaining unspoiled. I'm so torn on spoilers because I needed them this season what with Jaime still seeming to be tied to Cersei, but once I know them, I feel like I might set myself up for disappointment if I expect too much to happen to soon.
Yeah, but I mean... all it takes is a tweet being liked by someone or an ambiguous Tumblr post and I'm stumbling down the spoiler rabbit hole. Which is what happened with these ones. Even if I wanted to engage just about the book, I think getting spoiled would be almost inevitable at some point.

I like spoilers because on one hand, if it's bad, I like to be prepared. And if it's good, then I can be preemptively excited. I'm usually a "prepare for the worst" kind of fan, so it's very very rare that spoilers turn out to be worse than I expected once I see them on screen. It's usually as expected or better (like this season so far), so I'm lucky in that sense. At the same time, I don't like getting preemptively sad or excited over fake stuff. And GoT is going to be insane in that sense next year.

@Aerest: You have more self control than me. If someone here mentions a spoiler even obliquely, it takes me 4 seconds before I start fidgeting :laugh:
Edited by koops, Aug 11 2017, 04:42 PM.
online profile quote Top

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
I think I am going to try and avoid them as much as possible. Or at least deal with any I happen to read on the basis that all are false, until the show airs and some are proved to be true! ;)

For me, it's not so much the various leaks that will be hard to take: I think the worst thing about S8 spoilers will be the reactions. It's not what leaks may reveal about The Ending, but the internet explosions of anger / hysteria / grief / whatever from various sections of fandom if The End does accord with what those people want, think should happen, or what they have gradually imagined into their own headcanon. For example, it's quite on the cards that Dany will die (no one in GOT is safe, LOL) but legions of fans of the super-titled dumb blonde will not be happy if she dies/is killed. Not Happy At All.

Alas, if there are legions of fans of one or other character whose fate is not what they want or imagine, then I fear and expect there will be some very real nastiness and hatred directed towards HBO and in particular, D&D. It will be no good D&D coming out and explaining that their ending accords with George's planned book ending, at least in terms of who amongst the leading characters are alive or dead - the dragonfire that rained down on Lannister soldiers last ep will be nothing compared to what angry fans will unleash against them. Because it will all be the fault of D&D, who know nothing and don't care, etc etc ... write your own hate campaign.

On this board, most of us seem to be pretty realistic about the fates of J/B. We know they are going to play important parts in S8, we assume that J/B will have at least some form of consummation in S8, and we like to think / hope that they have been set up as end game survivors. But equally, most of us are reasonably prepared that either - or even both - may die. And whatever our own grief and even anger might be, I don't think genuine J/B fans are into running hate campaigns against HBO or D&D. But fans of other characters will be, and it is the anticipated fan reactions rather than actual spoilers that have me concenred about the hiatus between Seasons 7 and 8.
Edited by Currawong, Aug 11 2017, 04:47 PM.

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
Yeah, I can't imagine getting angry if either Jaime or Brienne (or both) die. It's GoT, it's not the Teletubbies. I would only be disappointed if they turned out to have very little screentime together, or die very early on (and therefore have very little screentime together). But I don't think I'd be pissed off because it's unrealistic for this story to expect everyone to survive and life happily ever after.

The only thing that would make me throw my tv and books out of the window is if it ends with Jon and Dany living happily ever after with their brood of incest babies, ruling over Westeros. :p Because that to me would make me feel like I wasted my time following a story I thought was intricate and complex only to have the ending be what any 12-year-old could have dreamed up after reading book #1.
online profile quote Top

Ashes
Red Leatherer
Something else to consider when reading those 'leaks' before believing them: they all have a title on the actual document 'HBO Leak'. If it was the original why would they have that as a title. Just to ease people who read it it had to then be at least edited before posted. Again lots of spelling errors.

Twirly
Almost a Beauty
koops
Aug 11 2017, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine getting angry if either Jaime or Brienne (or both) die. It's GoT, it's not the Teletubbies. I would only be disappointed if they turned out to have very little screentime together, or die very early on (and therefore have very little screentime together). But I don't think I'd be pissed off because it's unrealistic for this story to expect everyone to survive and life happily ever after.

The only thing that would make me throw my tv and books out of the window is if it ends with Jon and Dany living happily ever after with their brood of incest babies, ruling over Westeros. :p Because that to me would make me feel like I wasted my time following a story I thought was intricate and complex only to have the ending be what any 12-year-old could have dreamed up after reading book #1.
Ditto to all that Koops! If this story ends with Jon and Dany living happily ever after, King and Queen with their magical incest babies, that everyone is A OK with because they're special Targs and Rheagar being a tosspot and treating his first wife and children like crap was good because he was right and his super powerful sperm saved the world....they can just jog right on with that ending. :p

I think it's going to be near impossible to work out truth from rubbish during season 8 filming because I think they will be getting actors to turn up in locations that they've not got scenes in just to throw people off and I expect a few fake outdoor scenes to be filmed too. But I also expect some leaks to be 'confirmed' by outdoor scenes but that will most likely mean diddly-squat. I think season 7 was a big test of what they can do and what people will believe.

This is partly why I still think the season 7 leaks were plants. They now have everyone in the fandom far more open to crazy ludicrous sounding leaks and believing that it's totally possible for the whole series to be leaked almost word for word and really early too! It's going to be "This sounds insane, but then lads was right, so it's probably true". What a great way to throw off speculation of the endgame.

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Twirly
Aug 11 2017, 08:32 PM
Ditto to all that Koops! If this story ends with Jon and Dany living happily ever after, King and Queen with their magical incest babies, that everyone is A OK with because they're special Targs and Rheagar being a tosspot and treating his first wife and children like crap was good because he was right and his super powerful sperm saved the world....they can just jog right on with that ending. :p
I have no great faith that George will actually complete the ASOIAF books at all. But I *do* have faith that he has not planned a sugar -sweet ending like that, as he has already referred to it as ' bittersweet'. And I can't see D&D departing from the bittersweet aspect of the ending they have already fully discussed with him, because they have been ruthless already in killing off people. I don't see them changing approach in S8 just to produce a warm and fluffy ending that totally negates almost 8 seasons of ' no-one is safe' in the show! :D
Edited by Currawong, Aug 11 2017, 09:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season 8 · Next Topic »
Add Reply