web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Season 7 DVD, Wishlist and Releases
Topic Started: Sep 12 2017, 01:24 PM (6,021 Views)
tamjlee
Bath Steamer
I'm sure it's too early to start our annual spec and fangirling over whether or not Nik and Gwen will do commentary for season 7 and what episodes we hope they will do, but I'm procrastinating housework so I'm posting this now.

Obviously, my first choice would probably be for them to do the finale together, but then again Jaime had such a rich season; it might be fun for just Gwen to comment on one of his big episodes alone.I'd love to get her take on The Spoils of War or even episode 3,with Cersei sex and Olena talk that might be fun.Them together for episode one might also be awesome; they can discuss pervy Tormund''s attempts at wooing and Nik''s subtle face acting on whether he is "scared" of Cersei.

I don't know but there is a goldmine to be had.Having them together is always fun bit separately we then get 2 episodes.And what other actors or crew would we like to hear make observations.

I guess I'm just trying to find something to talk about....this is going to be such a long hiatus.
offline profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
It is going to be a long and painful hiatus.

This is the link that you can search and it generally provides the commentary information before other sites. It's not the easiest search though.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/

online profile quote Top

december13
Member Avatar
Dragon Charger
I am a humble person. I just ask for Gwen and Nikolaj to do a commentary together.

Currawong
Tent Pitcher
I want all the deleted scenes. Especially that one they are supposed to have filmed between Brienne and Tormund, where he tries to impress her with his sexual exploits, and she is disgusted and totally not interested. It won't help convince the rabid B/T fans that their ship is a total fail - it never even left the dock! - but it would be fun for us to see :D

sakoora
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
If there really was a deleted scene where Cersei throws a tantrum over Oathkeeper and they release it will tide me over until season 8.

Erin
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
From WoTW: ( x )

Nik's doing narration for a Histories and Lore piece, probably on Rains of Castermere. Gwen is doing commentary. Crazy that she's doing commentary this year with so few scenes, and Nikolaj none with so many scenes! I hope Gwen gets episode 4 so she can comment on Brienne's sparring with Arya, and also on Jaime's big battle.

Quote:

We may be in the off-season, but the news just keep on coming: the Game of Thrones season seven box-sets are coming very soon, first for digital download on September 25, and then for Blu-Ray and DVD on December 12.

IGN just revealed the date, along with all the information about the bonus features.

As usual, the digital and Blu-Ray versions bring some exclusives not available on DVD. The download will will feature the bonus “Creating the North and Beyond,” a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the Frozen Lake in “Beyond the Wall.” The Blu-Ray will include in-episode guides and seven “Histories and Lore” animated features, including “The Dragonpit,” “Highgarden,” “Prophecies of the Known World,” and “The Rains of Castamere,” among others, narrated by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aidan Gillen, and others.

Both the Blu-ray and DVD versions will feature the following bonuses:

Conquest & Rebellion: An Animated History of the Seven Kingdoms — Cast members Pilou Asbæk (Euron Greyjoy), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger), Conleth Hill (Varys), Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen), and Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) narrate an animated series focusing on Aegon Targaryen’s attempts to conquer the Seven Kingdoms, written by Dave Hill.

From Imagination to Reality: Inside the Art Departmen — This 2-part featurette details production designer Deborah Riley and her department’s work, dissecting the process behind the creation of this season’s incredible new sets, including Dragonstone, Casterly Rock, Highgarden, the Dragonpit, and more.

Fire & Steel: Creating the Invasion of Westeros — This BTS feature dives into the season’s biggest moments via interviews with the cast and crew.

Audio Commentaries — Each episode will feature commentaries with various cast and crew members, such as David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Jacob Anderson, Gwendoline Christie, Liam Cunningham, Kit Harington and Lena Headey.

Also, IGN offers a preview of Conquest & Rebellion: An Animated History of the Seven Kingdoms, focusing on its first chapter: Valyria’s Last Scion: House Targaryen.

online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Nik could be doing commentary. I don't think the list is all inclusive.
online profile quote Top

december13
Member Avatar
Dragon Charger
While Lena was amazing this season (probably, hands down, the best out of all cast), I dread the commentary with her; she never contributes to scenes she wasn't in (frankly, nor the one she was in), has often shown complete misunderstanding of her own character,...

Hopefully she could be paired up with Gwen - Gwen makes everything more infinitely interesting.
Edited by december13, Sep 14 2017, 01:24 PM.

BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
december13
Sep 14 2017, 01:23 PM
While Lena was amazing this season (probably, hands down, the best out of all cast), I dread the commentary with her; she never contributes to scenes she wasn't in (frankly, nor the one she was in), has often shown complete misunderstanding of her own character,...

Hopefully she could be paired up with Gwen - Gwen makes everything more infinitely interesting.
I like Lena, but she totally derails commentaries. That commentary with her, Nik, and Peter in S5 was like listening to siblings watch a show. It really amuses me that they act like real siblings, but was not good for a commentary. :laugh: Lol, I lost an hour of my life, though I'll admit in the commentary they said as much themselves. There were a couple good moments, but it's not worth sitting though a hour long commentary.

Violet
Bath Steamer
Dream list:

Two commentaries for episode 4. One with Nik, the director, and perhaps the writer and/or Jerome. The other with Maisie and Gwen. Or, if not, Nik with Gwen would be great.

Lena with Peter is a recipe for disaster. Though if they have a behind-the-scenes person with them they might be able to do justice to talking about their scene in episode 7. But we'll probably just get them laughing at something ridiculous over the entire scene. If Dinklage would take his job seriously, he'd be great for episode 5. He and Lena, if they honestly talked about their characters, talking about Tyrion's distress at Dany burning Randall and Dickon and conjecturing if Cersei was playing Jaime would be great. Can't Lena just bring one of the emails she's written to D&D and read that instead of joking about the color green or something?

Gemma's commentary last year was rather enjoyable. I'd put her with Pilou for episode 2. Alfie can join them too.

No Sophie and Maisie together, but I fear that's inevitable. Maybe put the 3 Stark children together for an episode.

Relegate Kit and EMilia to episode 6, and I can thankfully skip it altogether.

Clothing designer for episode 7, along with D&D and the director.

If I have to suffer through Dave Hill, put him on episode 1 (which episode did he write?). He can try to sell a 5 minutes of silence as great writing. And let him explain how 5'2'' Arya Stark impersonated Walder Frey for a fortnight. Or call me a nitpicker, I dare him. ;)

If Nik doesn't do episode 4, then next choice is 7, obviously. Then episode 3. They all would have potential. I'd love to hear Nik dissecting all the details of the sack of Highgarden and the conversation with Olenna. He cracks me up in commentaries when he's all, "See, the thing I don't understand is ..."

Would love an extended scene that shows Cersei noticing Oathkeeper. And the B/T talking about the bear scene would be fine, too.
Edited by Violet, Sep 14 2017, 01:57 PM.

tamjlee
Bath Steamer
With the faceless men and the height thing, I chalk it up to the magic/illusion of their sect.How else could she also impersonate their voice? They put on the face and the illusion is people see what they need to see, it's more like a spell or hallucination is put on whoever is viewing the "faceless man"" assassin.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I think that's a question for George as he created the whole Faceless Man thing. :)
online profile quote Top

ballade
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Yeah. Arya being Walder isn't some kind of weird show-only thing; Jaquen turns into the guy at Harrenhal, and then that guy kills Pate and turns into Pate in the prologue of Feast. It wouldn't be much use taking someone's face and not being able to use their voice, height, build, mannerisms etc. and certainly wouldn't facilitate assassinations. Either you buy into magical ninja assassins (and dragons?), or you don't ;)
Edited by ballade, Sep 14 2017, 03:25 PM.

Dawn
Member Avatar
😠😠😠😠
online profile quote Top

Violet
Bath Steamer
Mikki
Sep 14 2017, 03:13 PM
I think that's a question for George as he created the whole Faceless Man thing. :)

ballade
Sep 14 2017, 03:19 PM
Yeah. Arya being Walder isn't some kind of weird show-only thing; Jaquen turns into the guy at Harrenhal, and then that guy kills Pate and turns into Pate in the prologue of Feast. It wouldn't be much use taking someone's face and not being able to use their voice, height, build, mannerisms etc. and certainly wouldn't facilitate assassinations. Either you buy into magical ninja assassins (and dragons?), or you don't ;)

I've been down this road before, and I know it ends at "agree to disagree."

In the books, when Arya puts on the ugly girl's face, they explain to her how exactly her face looks different. They don't tell her her hands are different or she is taller, etc. They describe only her new face to her. So I have always taken it to mean that the face changes, and the rest is up to the individual (voice, etc.). There is a hint of the person left behind in the face as well, but I don't subscribe to the philosophy that the mask suddenly changes height, sex, hands, etc.

I've also envisioned the faceless assassin (since 2 have been women, I think it's silly and even sexist for the show runners to call them faceless men) not a tactic designed for someone to impersonate a loved one, but for an anonymous someone to gain access. For Syrio the swordsman to come into the employ of the Red Keep (just wait). For Twins servant girl to gain access to a banquet hall to serve for a feast.

Someone commenting on Episode 1 claimed that the bandages on Arya's hands were because she she skinned and stole Walder's hands as well. And some other critic or behind the scenes person (I frankly forget which) praised the actor for playing his voice just a bit difference. So there have been others who have contemplated that a face is just a face transformation.

Yes, the show has always played with the concept of a more magical transformation, starting with Jagen taking off and on that one face very rapidly at Harhenhall. But at least they had kept it consistent with build before (the waif and the old lady; even Jagen and the old man weren't nearly a foot different in height). It's a problem for me. It'll always be a roll my eyes problem for me. I'm glad it didn't happen in earlier seasons, because it makes it easier to live with.

I'll proudly wear my distaste and lack of suspension of disbelief for that scene, just like I wear my distaste for a handful of other moments. And the writer, if he (because we know it wasn't a she) wants to defend himself and make a target out of me, he can bring it. ;) I'll stand on my hill.

And I think a belief in a lizard creature called a dragon is a far cry from believing that Arya roamed the halls or locked herself up in a room for 2 weeks doing a walking Weekend at Bernie's type gig as Walder Frey.
Edited by Violet, Sep 14 2017, 05:26 PM.

TrickyGreyArea
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Violet
Sep 14 2017, 01:53 PM
No Sophie and Maisie together, but I fear that's inevitable. Maybe put the 3 Stark children together for an episode.
Ugghh. I have not listened to very many commentaries for this show - mainly the ones with JB relevant content, and then a few where I wanted to find out where scenes were filmed. But in my very limited experience listening to GoT commentaries, I cannot second strongly enough the "No Sophie and Maisie together" sentiment. Obviously with this being the season for Stark reunions, it is, as you say, inevitable that there will be joint commentaries from them. But ugggh. I only heard a few minutes here or there, but they really were insufferable to listen to. :-/

OTOH I'm pleasantly surprised that Gwen will be doing a commentary given her limited screen time this season. It's nice to have that to look forward to. :)

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Is this a new Histories and Lore?

Robert Baratheon on Robert's Rebellion

Maester Luwin (?) on Robert's Rebellion

Davos on Robert's Rebellion

Margaery on Robert's Rebellion

Catelyn on Robert's Rebellion

Stannis does Greyjoy Rebellion

Robb Stark does more Greyjoy Rebellion

Theon on Greyjoy Rebellion

Sorry, these are old I think. The download came out today and I got all excited.
Edited by Mikki, Sep 25 2017, 07:41 PM.
online profile quote Top

Erin
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
I think they're all previous seasons. The upload dates are all 2012 or 2013.
online profile quote Top

NamelessPasserby
Couture Armorer
I wish they'd release the full commentary list already. :p It's strange that Nik isn't mentioned in the commentary bit as he is one of the main actors. I would be so surprised if he didn't do commentary this time around.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
My Blu-Ray WITH COMMENTARIES arrives a week from Tuesday. On Dec 12, it will be sitting on my doorstep...
online profile quote Top

koops
Member Avatar
Blonde Enough
*insert vibrating dolphin*
Edited by koops, Dec 1 2017, 08:40 AM.

december13
Member Avatar
Dragon Charger
Mikki
Dec 1 2017, 08:35 AM
My Blu-Ray WITH COMMENTARIES arrives a week from Tuesday. On Dec 12, it will be sitting on my doorstep...
Once she get's her hands on that package, Mikki be like

Posted Image

:pirate: :roll:

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Histories and Lore

Varys and Qyburn on the Dragonpit.

online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Sam Tarly on the Citadel

online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Nik narrates Casterly Rock.

online profile quote Top

elvisglasses
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Thank you for posting these, Mikki!! I adore the histories and lore videos -- and yay for another Nik narrated one :hearteyes: -- but I gotta say that the animation this season is a major downgrade for me.

The older ones always reminded me of that gorgeous animated sequence about the Deathly Hallows in Harry Potter. This new animation....not so much. :(
Edited by elvisglasses, Dec 3 2017, 03:54 PM.

timetravelingwritr
Almost a Knight
His voice sounds...different? Or maybe it's just me?
Anyway, i kinda missed it. Feels like it's been many, many months since s7 ended.

Yeah, i don't remember if i saw the other animated videos from older years but the animation does feel a bit cheap on that one.
Edited by timetravelingwritr, Dec 3 2017, 04:08 PM.

elvisglasses
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
timetravelingwritr
Dec 3 2017, 04:08 PM
His voice sounds...different? Or maybe it's just me?
Anyway, i kinda missed it. Feels like it's been many, many months since s7 ended.

Yeah, i don't remember if i saw the other animated videos from older years but the animation does feel a bit cheap on that one.
Here's Nik's S4 video on the Kingsguard, for comparison:

Brienne's S3 history of the Stormlands: Stormlands

And here's one of my favorite animations, from the Blackfish talking about House Tully (S3): House Tully history by the Blackfish

Another great one: Thoros of Myr on The Lord of Light

YouTube channel with a playlist for each season's videos: Histories and Lore playlists. They're so worth watching, especially in this long hiatus night!

Edited by elvisglasses, Dec 3 2017, 05:01 PM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Gwen torpedos BT.

This is from the Commentaries. Thanks to Virgin-Who-Cannot-Drive.

https://streamable.com/ypza7
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Here is what she has on the commentaries.

Posted Image
online profile quote Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season 7 · Next Topic »
Add Reply