web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Diana Rigg; Olenna Tyrell
Topic Started: Sep 23 2017, 04:19 PM (513 Views)
Marion
Kingsguard
Yes, this atomic space age crimplene jumpsuit was apparently made famous by Diana when she played Emma Peel in the Avengers (1965-68)

Posted Image

20 Pictures of Diana Rigg as the Deadly, Adorable Emma Peel
offline profile quote Top

december13
Member Avatar
Dragon Charger
I abso-fucking-lutely loved her in The Avengers!!! I watched that show in the late 80s - they were doing the re-runs of many awesome Brit shows, and TheA's were among them. I wanted to be capable and gorgeous as Emma Peel when I grow up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just check her out!!! The sassyness, amazingness, badassery, the great hair... it's all there! And she was good at weapons, and she was great in archery and in fencing! In fencing, people!!!

PS
Refused to watch the movie with Uma Thurman in it. There's one Emma Peel for me, and that will forever remain unchanged.

Marion
Kingsguard
december13
Sep 23 2017, 05:28 PM

Posted Image

:laugh: :laugh:
The amazingness. I had no idea about the glory of Emma Peel until I bumped into the jumpsuit on a space age tumblr :hearteyes: Definitely have to see the show now.
Also, Diana deserves more love from JBO.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
The Steed/Peel years on the Avengers are some of my all-time favorite bits of entertainment. Diana was the MOST fabulous ever. It was an iconic duo, and I shipped them SOOOOOO hard when I first watched show on A&E reruns when I was a teenager.

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
They were both icons. For many years my brother had a wonderful sturdy black umbrella, which he'd bought in London and referred to as his "John Steed weapon".

FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
I remember her as James Bond's wife.

december13
Member Avatar
Dragon Charger
FairladyZ2005
Dec 1 2017, 11:56 PM
I remember her as James Bond's wife.
On her Majesty's Secret Service is fraking good movie! Probably my favorite from James Bond franchise. But... Diana (who was bitchin' glorious) aside, it's Telly who I love, love, love,...

ETA
'Cause Diana is a goddess!
Posted Image
Edited by december13, Dec 2 2017, 06:13 AM.

TheNerdyBlogger
Member Avatar
Red Leatherer
So I've not seen that many things with her in it, aside from The Great Muppet Caper, LOL, but my goodness, I never realized how much she and Natalie Dormer do look alike. Could definitely pass as her grandmother in real life.

FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
How could I forget her in the Muppets! That was easily the first place I saw her. Still love that movie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · All About the Cast · Next Topic »
Add Reply