web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Game of Thrones Funko Pop Creations
Topic Started: Oct 11 2017, 04:54 PM (446 Views)
BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
I have found some good figures for making a Season 2/3 Jaime Funko Pop so I wanted to share, because I know there are some others here who collect and repaint Funko Pops.

Posted ImagePosted Image

These two look really good together. The Nazgul has some heavy gloves on, but I am planning to sand them as much as I can and then paint them like fingerless gloves so the bumps can be dark grey and won't show up as much. The Thor is bobblehead, but if you sand the Nazgul neck post it fits fine. Thor does have his hair tied in the back, but it is the right colour and looks fine from the front and is by far the best head for Jaime I have found and I have been looking since season 3, lol.

Now, I had some water damage in my crafting room, so as soon as that is repaired I hope to work on this. I was trying to finish it for J/B week but the repairs aren't done yet.

Later I'll post some more I have made. If anyone else has anything, please share. I was inspired by this forum to use the Tywin to make Lannister Armour Jaime, so many thanks for that.

ETA: I never put the figures' names: Funko Marvel Thor: Ragnarok Pop! and Pop! Movies: Lord of the Rings - Nazgul

Edited by BluHamster, Oct 11 2017, 05:23 PM.
offline profile quote Top

BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
This is another one, Beauty & The Beast Belle Castle Grounds Funko Pop!, it would make a really good Catelyn. Unfortunately it is F.Y.E. exclusive. I am Canadian and we don't have those here, but I was lucky and picked it up while I was in Seattle. This has been sitting in my "in progress" pile for a while.

Posted Image
Edited by BluHamster, Oct 11 2017, 06:03 PM.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I absolutely love seeing people Qyburn the Funko dolls. It's SO much fun and so creative!

Marion
Kingsguard
Quinn
Oct 11 2017, 09:03 PM
I absolutely love seeing people Qyburn the Funko dolls. It's SO much fun and so creative!

People are insanely brilliant. Now bring those little creatures to life for us please

Posted Image

BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Once Upon a Time Prince Charming works well for a red Leather Jacket Jaime. I tried to make a Bronn with his coat that matches Jaime's but the Bronn head and PrinceCharming body don't connect well. The neck doesn't attach at the right point, so just a warning there.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Here is my red leather jacket Jaime. The arms pop off of Golden Hand Jaime, so I used those on Prince Charming. The arms did not fit well and it was a pain in the ass to attach them and make them solidly stay, so I wouldn't recommend it. :headwall:
Posted Image

This person, SpasticCustoms on Etsy, just used the hand for the Jaime figure. I think that would be much easier.
Honestly, you could probably get away with just painting the regular hand gold.
Posted Image

And just a tip for removing eyebrows, painted beards, scars (like on golden hand Jaime): very fine sandpaper will remove it, and then use some type of sealer on the plastic. I use Americana DuraClear Ultra Matte Varnish.
Edited by BluHamster, Oct 12 2017, 06:10 PM.

Aerest
Member Avatar
HYPEkeeper
BluHamster
Oct 12 2017, 06:08 PM
(...) but the Bronn head and PrinceCharming body don't connect well. The neck doesn't attach at the right point (...)
(...) The arms pop off of Golden Hand Jaime, so I used those on Prince Charming. The arms did not fit well and it was a pain in the ass to attach them and make them solidly stay (...)
(...) just used the hand for the Jaime figure.
(...) removing eyebrows, painted beards, scars (...)
I start to understand the term "Qyburning" :| :blink:

But your result looks great!
online profile quote Top

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I think it was Wacky who coined the Qyburning thing, and now everyone is playing Doctor Frankenstein on the Funkos, and I LIVE FOR THIS.

BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Quinn
Oct 12 2017, 08:18 PM
I think it was Wacky who coined the Qyburning thing, and now everyone is playing Doctor Frankenstein on the Funkos, and I LIVE FOR THIS.
Qyburning is a great term. I think I will have to start using that as a hashtag on my Tumblr.

For some funny Qyburning, here is an in progress picture of my S4 kingsguard Jaime. I'm not going to say who the head is :)
Posted Image
Edited by BluHamster, Oct 12 2017, 11:36 PM.

FairladyZ2005
Maiden Saver
Very cool stuff. I wonder if the head from Funko Pop Sawyer from Lost would also be a good option for a Hobo Jaime? The hair is little better on Sawyer I think but the beard is better on Thor.
Edited by FairladyZ2005, Oct 13 2017, 11:26 PM.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Ooh, take it to the next level and carve the beard off Thor and put it on Sawyer!

WackyGoofball
Member Avatar
Fookin' Sellsword
That is all kinds of amazing, Blu. And very helpful for all the Qyburning that still needs to be done!

I am still trying to do the Purple Wedding outfit for Brienne (I got one of those DIY figures and try to work from scratch).

I thought Mikki coined the term whenwe started talking about doing Lannister armor Jaime... thought I can't seem to remember.

Anyway, I dug through ebay a bit.

I thought this one actually had a nice sort of hobo!Jaime hair if colored correctly. What may be nice is the fact that it's white, so you can just draw on it.

Posted Image

While I think Blu's suggestion of Nazgul usage is most applicable, I just wanna toss in that funko because I find the cloak has such nice texture.

Posted Image

I was also toying with the idea that maybe dear Alice might make for a more applicable Purple Wedding Brienne funko, because the dress is already culotte length. Though the poofy shoulders would have to be reduced via sandpaper or what not.

Posted Image

Speaking of, while the lenght of the dress does not match, I though the style (the high waist belt and colors) fitted really well with that. Plus the neckline would have to be altered.

Posted Image

And those wo I am just tossing in becasue they fit with my headcanons of what I believe book!Jaime to looklike after he shore his hed and is slowly growing all back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

*flies away*

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Awesomeness.

BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
WackyGoofball
Oct 14 2017, 04:52 PM
And those two I am just tossing in because they fit with my headcanons of what I believe book!Jaime to looklike after he shore his head and is slowly growing all back.

Posted Image

I was seriously considering making that into a book Jaime, but clothes-wise I am attached to the show. Even if Jaime doesn't grow a beard in the last season I may use this head for a season 8 figure anyways because <3

Purple Wedding outfit Brienne would be tough because of the mid-length cut and boots. Using the DIY figure would be tough because the knees bend out so sculpting something on that would be slightly harder.

Actually the blue Dany is pretty close, but the body is kind of small. Not sure if the cape comes off.
Posted Image

BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
I finally finished my S3 prisoner Jaime, I think it turned out quite nice. The part that took the most fiddling were the hands because the Nazgul's gloves were really pointy and difficult to sand flat. I gave him black fingerless gloves so the black covers the bumps and makes them look like fabric but the fingerless gloves still give an impression of bare handedness. I bought a pack of bracelets and cut them up for the chains. The pack had different sizes and I thought that worked with the super deformed look so I used two different sizes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BluHamster
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
<3

Posted Image

Erin
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
Oh, he makes a perfect Hobo Jaime! He goes so well with Brienne in her golden armor, and he even has a sword for bridge dueling. Nicely done!

DanyelN
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
We al know that hobo Jaime is the hottest Jaime and your Funko Pop is AWESOME!!!! I am so jealous of your ability there.

WackyGoofball
Member Avatar
Fookin' Sellsword
That is all kinds of awesome I lack the words. <3

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
OMG, I'm speechless... You're an artist, Blue! :hearteyes: :woot:

LionessOfTheNight
Member Avatar
Lioness of the Rock
Just discovered they released three new GoT figures. GUESS WHICH ONES! I m frankly pissed off by the fact that they've released a new Jon funko and TWO Dany ones (Davos is ok), but I mean, seriously?! It s ridiculous, we have a version of Dany for every damn new hairdo/ panties/ necklace/ fingernails she changes, the same for Jon. Jon with furs, without Scar, with bloodstain, with socks, with dirty hair, with northener hairdo....I mean come on! I m still waiting for the damn blue armor Brienne
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
That is amazing work. I want one.

Bad Direwolf Mutt
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
BluHamster
Feb 18 2018, 12:27 AM
<3

Posted Image
OH MAH GAWD NOW KISSSSSS

Valentine
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
Your hobo Jaime is perfect! Loved the details.

piyu
Almost a Beauty
He looks so awesome :) I love leather jacket Jaime too..
online profile quote Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Fandom Media and Other Creativity · Next Topic »
Add Reply