web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Stuff & Thangs
Topic Started: Oct 29 2017, 06:18 PM (1,236 Views)
SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
So I found myself attempting GoT drawings many a time before, I thought I might as well do a topic on it :D

Did a screenshot study of Jaime today (from after the shooketh moment in the finale). Don't know how good the likeness is, but I think It's the best I got so far, heh :$

Posted Image
offline profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
FABU.

WackyGoofball
Member Avatar
Blonde Enough
That is amazing!!! <3 <3 <3

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Thank you guys! <3 <3

Bad Direwolf Mutt
Member Avatar
Mutton Cutter
It's so Dragonstone!
(Nik is so hard to draw though so I understand but I'm also a newb so... xD)

BlackFlashlight
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
You are SO GOOD I love Nik's profile, I love all the profiles :D Keep posting giirl!

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
BDM, I so agree, he has such a complex facial structure. After seeing so many pictures of him and interviews, and also him in GoT and other movies, you'd think you know his face well. But then you start drawing him... and you learn otherwise :laugh:

BlackFlashlight, thank youu! Profiles are my favorite thing to draw, I tend to overdo it, haha :$

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
Wow, that picture looks so much like Nikolaj. Wonderful work, SerVader!

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
It continues to amaze me how many great painters/drawing artists (or whatever the word for it is) we have here. Y'all are so super talented!
That is some lovely work, SerVader! :)

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Thanks LadyCarmen! :D Justme, I really, really love your work as well <3
Did some 10-20 minutes (really messy) sketches :D

Posted Image
Edited by SerVader, Oct 30 2017, 05:09 PM.

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
10-20 minutes?! I could spend my whole life trying to draw only the shoulder pad! You're an artist!

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Thank you LadyCarmen! <3 Nah, if you just work at it, you can do it! :yes:

WackyGoofball
Member Avatar
Blonde Enough
*claps hands*

You are soooo good. Amazing. <3

BlackFlashlight
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
The armor looks so good! Teach me how to do that, pleasee. I always give up halfway ;P.

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Thanks Wacky! <3

Blackflashlight, well, this is, I think, only the second or third time I ever drew armor, so I'm not exactly that good at it :D. What I did was just study the reference and try to reproduce it to the best of my ability. Breaking down form is very helpful, trying to see everything as basic shapes (breastplate more of a rectangle, that goes in an U around the neck, pauldrons formed out of half ovals etc.). Also focusing on how one piece fits with the others that surround it, like how big is the pauldron compared to the breastplate (and the head), in which direction each piece is pointing. I usually tend to get lost in the details, so I think that those 10/20 minutes sketches were helpful at keeping the bigger picture in mind and so, focusing more on the larger shapes.

Sorry if it's lame advice, but I don't really have anything else, heh. I know some tutorials on armor that are quite good, I can link them if you want, maybe they are of some use to you.

ETA: Here (1), (2)
Edited by SerVader, Oct 31 2017, 06:21 PM.

BlackFlashlight
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
I didn't expect such in-depth reply, thanks! I was just whining but I love it :sapphire: :sapphire:

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Oh, ok, I thought you were actually asking for help, heh :D

Vox
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
These are lovely, SerVader! I struggle so much with likeness, but you did very well. Your drawing look spot on! I should really sit down and just do character studies.

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Vox, thank you! I definitely know what you mean, I have a really idiotic fear of studies because I don't want to mess them up. With stuff I care about it's even worse, but I force myself to do it :laugh:

I did another screenshot study, this one though...I don't know if it turned out that good. I find that drawing his eyes is incredibly difficult, and they're the most important part :no:

Posted Image

WackyGoofball
Member Avatar
Blonde Enough
Oh, that is gorgeous. <3 I like the energy in his eyes.

BlackFlashlight
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Baby Nik! It looks so soft, I love it. His eyes are kinda slanty. That's what makes them so difficult to draw I think.
Edited by BlackFlashlight, Nov 6 2017, 03:51 PM.

Aerest
Member Avatar
HYPEkeeper
These are beautiful and extremely well done! I like your lines a lot, especially in the sketches.

I think your problem with the eyes may be (at least partially) a follow-up problem.
You have a tendency to draw his face shorter than it is. Give it more length.
From what I can see it'd need some extra space at his forehead, at about half of his nose, under his nose and under his mouth. If you got this, his whole features would look less feminine and give you more space to deal with his eyes. It's incredibly tough to get them right when the proportions are slightly off and therefore change the expression / impact of the eyes. - Though you did a very lovely job with them here!

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
That jawline <3
Lovely work!
I really hope you'll draw a Brienne some time :)

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Did a lil' J/B sketch yesterday, quite messy but I though I'd share:

Posted Image

I might paint it later on, hmm

Thanks so much for the comments guys, I really appreciate it. Aerest, I'll work on that forehead :yes: Justme, I don't know about a stand-alone Brienne yet, but I wanna' draw J/B <3

TheNerdyBlogger
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Oh, I love this! I love how sweetly he looks at her.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Love it.

BlackFlashlight
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Yay I love it I'm kinda obsessed with your style :sapphire: :sapphire:

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
Love that shared glance :)

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Thanks a lot guys! BlackFlashlight haha, really? I'm flattered, most of the time I don't believe I even have a style :laugh: Thank you :pod:

SerVader
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
I was testing my Surface Pro aaaaand came up with this messy-haired monocrome hobo Jaime:

Posted Image

(I was drawn to doing more details but I really had to stop myself; it seems I can't stop at just doing the sketch, even if that's the original intent)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · I Drew Something! · Next Topic »
Add Reply