web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
100,000 posts
Topic Started: Apr 12 2018, 05:34 PM (758 Views)
Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
We are nearing and I think we need a celebration. Ficlets? Manias? Art?
offline profile quote Top

TheNerdyBlogger
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Yes to all?

Also, woo! I'll gladly participate. How about a "Finally Finish These Ding Dang Round Robins"-a-thon?

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Still thinking about this…

Aerest
Member Avatar
HYPEkeeper
YES!!

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
Yes to all! We need more art and fics about JB. I'm thinking of some kind of fic challenge. 1000 words of JB competing over something. I don't know. I'm lacking inspiration today.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
All right...

So in honor of our 100,000 posts (damn we are wordy!), we are going to do a fic/art fest.

And...it's going to relate to your own personal post count. Right now, or sometime before we hit 100,000, post here and look at your post count. Look at the last two numbers, for example, Aerest is at 970 in the post above this one at the time that I'm posting. So her last two numbers are 70. Then go HERE.

Find your prompt. Aerest's would be “I thought you had him!” Edit your post to state your number and your prompt.

Take it from there. Art, manips, moodboards, full fic, ficlet, drabbles, poems, odes, doll stories, whatever it may be.

The fest will continue until we hit 101,000 posts. You can participate as many times as you like. So once you finish one and post linking to it, look at your post count again, get another prompt..and so on.

This is a low pressure fandom fest, just to celebrate US. No contribution is too small (or too big!)

Note that your post count changes with every single post... :)

PS. Smut is always appreciated.

Looky what justme made!

Posted Image
Edited by Mikki, Apr 15 2018, 11:17 AM.

Sophie
Member Avatar
Engagement Sword Forger
I'm posting to see my numbers...I've just clicked "HERE" and seen what is required..... What fabulous wheeze!!!! Nice one FREDDIE MERCURY Mikki, first of her name!

48. "I didn't know you could talk"

Brienne snapped her mouth shut in horror. She never meant to say a word... She never meant to draw attention to herself and she certainly hadn't meant to damn the creature before her in four succinct words.
A blush started to crawl its way up from her well swaddled chest, past her wrapped throat and onto her cheeks as the man in question turned full circle to face her.
And take one full step forward until he was in hers.
Brienne felt the lump in her throat stick and her palms start to sweat.
"Well, well." Beautiful green eyes, sharp as cut glass but bright with amusement studied her from the tip of her ugly boots to the top of her mizzle locked strawlike hair, " it looks like I've found my perfect partner after all. "
Brienne watched in horror as Ser Jaime Lannister swept her the lowest bow of all.
"You must forgive me for being so slow," the beautiful lips curled back into the most unforgiving grin Brienne had ever seen, " You see, I didn't know you could actually talk. "
I'm doomed , was all Brienne could think as her hand was clamped in his and she was pulled forward.

Edited by Sophie, Apr 15 2018, 11:19 AM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Oh SOPHIE. Kicking us off right!

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
This is awesome!

Sophie

I'm doomed , was all Brienne could think as her hand was clamped in his and she was pulled forward.

..and until someone tells me otherwise, I shall be totally headcanoning that she's still so shocked at her mouth speaking without consulting the brain first, that she can't stop the pull forward and totally slams against his chest, which leads to looking deeply into each other's eyes.

(Checks post count)

edit: Upon posting this, my number was 60.
Edited by justme, Apr 15 2018, 01:39 PM.

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
Mikki, are we supposed to post our works in this thread or are we going to create a collection on AO3 to have all the fics saved together in case people want to post them there? Or both?

Coraleeveritas
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
So my post count, before this post, gives me '“What? I meant it as a compliment.”' as my prompt.

I LOVE this and will be taking a couple of days to write something for it. Thank you Mikki for setting the 100,000 posts celebration/challenge :)

AlwaysBeYours
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
I love this idea Mikki!

My number is 12 with this prompt: "Just sit around and cry, then. I don’t have that luxury."
I'll have to have a think about it tonight and hopefully come up with something in the next couple of days!
Edited by AlwaysBeYours, Apr 15 2018, 01:45 PM.

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
K, my number was #60 “Why are you helping me?”

This was not a good day.

Brienne had lost count over how often she'd accidentally smacked herself on the head during the past three weeks, how often she'd been close to going crazy because of the itching underneath the blue cast covering her entire forearm, and how often she'd cursed the patch of ice she'd slipped on, breaking her ulna. The cast was the bane of her existence and there had been some stiff competition for that title.

Never having been the most graceful person alive to begin with, this thing on her arm had rendered her into the q.ueen of all klutzes. Case in point: Dropping her thick binder right before the bell to class rang. Dropping it and having to watch as the rings opened upon impact and released all her papers onto the floor, to be exact. And so Brienne was now kneeling in the hallway to snatch up her notes for about 5 different subjects, all the while knowing that Mister Tarly, the algebra teacher, was not going to accept any excuse for being late to his class and would so write her down for being tardy. And that right when she'd almost made it through the school day without major hiccups. If she'd been the type to do it, now would've been a perfect time to curse and spew out a expletives. Of course no one had stopped to help her pick things up, in fact, Ron Connington, the former bane of her existence who would undoubtedly reclaim the title once the cast was off, had run right through her papers, kicking them left and right on his way to class, throwing a quick and insincere "Sorry" her way before disappearing.

Just as Brienne was picking up some biology notes, a drawing of cell organelles which now apparently also included Connington's footprint, a hand came from the right side into her field of view, holding out a thin stack of papers. She looked up with surprise and found Jaime Lannister standing there, patiently holding out the papers.

"Thanks" She mumbled, taking the notes from him before going back to her work.

"No problem. Brienne, right?" Jaime replied, squatting about three feet away from her and beginning to pick up more of her papers.

"Y-yes." She replied, surprised he was sticking around.

Frankly, Brienne had not expected that he knew her name or of her in general. He was a senior, a football star, good-looking, popular... everything she was not.

"Cool. I'm Jaime."

"I know." Everyone did, after all.

"Of course you do" He replied with a wink that conveyed that he absolutely knew he was school royalty, "Still, I thought it was only polite to officially introduce myself."

"Aren't you late for class? Why are you helping me?" She asked, somewhat warily.

"Because you have a pristine cast and I have a brand new black sharpie and a devious mind."

Not even being able to imagine the crude, insulting or plain stupid things he would undoubtedly write or draw onto her cast, Brienne pulled her arm towards herself, cradling it against her chest. Jaime watched her with a smirk, before he became serious.

"Relax. I was just joking. I know what it's like to have your arm out of order. It sucks."

"Yeah.."

"How long you have to wear it?" He asked, nodding to the blue cast, while the two of them continued picking up the scattered papers.

"Another 3-5 weeks depending on healing, the maester said."

"Well, at least it's winter. I got my cast off in summer. One arm was tan, the other one was pasty as hell. I looked totally weird."

Somehow, Brienne found it hard to believe that there was anything that could make him look weird. Even with his arms in two different skin tones he probably had still looked like half a god. Her disbelief in his statement must've been written onto Brienne's face, because Jaime grinned and continued.

"Seriously: One night I scared myself because I thought someone was in bed with me. Turned out to be my pasty ass arm that had fallen asleep."

Without being able to suppress it, Brienne had to snort at the image of Jaime, almost as tall as she was and muscular from years of sports, screaming like a little girl upon waking up with his white arm lying over his stomach. Jaime rose his eyebrows, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"My little brother gave me his Fluff the magic dragon nightlight the next morning. Been using it since." He finished off, with a totally deadpan delivery that tipped her over. Brienne burst into laughter.

"S-sorry! I-I--" She wheezed.

"Don't be" Jaime said with amusement, "You looked like you needed something funny. And you have a nice laugh."

"I..don't know about that.." Brienne muttered, feeling an all familiar blush making its way onto her cheeks. Not wanting Jaime to see, she turned away and began grabbing the last few papers. After a moment, she heard him doing the same. When everything was finally in a neat stack again, they both rose. Jaime scratched his forehead, looking a little..nervous?

"Say..uh.." He began and paused, before continuing fast, "since this is last period and we're both horribly late now anyway, how about we ditch the last half hour and go for a hot chocolate instead? I can give you some pointers about what to not stick down your cast when it itches."

"I.. well..I.." Brienne stammered, because that was not something she had seen coming, ever.

"We can swing by staples, get you a new binder.." He added as enticement.

"I do need one of those." She thought out loud.

"Excellent!" Jaime beamed at her. "Maybe they have one of Fluff the magic dragon."

"Considering the show stopped airing 6 years ago, I wouldn't bank on it."

"You never know", Jaime said as they walked down the corridor to Brienne's locker, "I have a feeling this could be a very lucky day."

Well, it had definitely not started out as one, but right now, Brienne was kind of willing to agree.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Collection here.

https://archiveofourown.org/collections/JBOnline100000Posts

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
justme that is AWESOME

MamaBarely
Member Avatar
Shipper
I really hope someone with less than 10 posts participates, because several of prompts 1-9 have the potential for JB gold:

“Ma’am, is this your dog?”
“No, it’s really not that complicated. He’s a bad person.”
“Hey… what’s wrong with your face?”
“The king is missing.”
“Ah yes, come in. Close the door behind you.”
“How could you do this to me?”
“Um, sorry. That one’s not for sale.”
“You’ve got thirty seconds to explain to me what you’re doing here.”
“Ain’t nobody ever told you who your real daddy is?”

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Mama, you just use the last two digits of your post count, not the total ;)

timetravelingwritr
Almost a Knight
Just checking my posts count because this is an awesome idea!

EDIT: “We’ve been waiting two hours.” (86)
Hmm, let me think about it ;)
Edited by timetravelingwritr, Apr 15 2018, 03:15 PM.

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
I never take part in prompts or challenges because I can't write properly in English under pressure or against the clock, but I think this 100,000 posts celebration may deserve my poor attemps.

Let's check my posts count: #510, so #10, "I know this may be hard to believe, but I'm on your side". I'll do my best!
- - -

On your side

<<Jaime Lannister had never liked listening through the doors. It was Cersei the one who did it when they were kids in Casterly Rock, and Cersei the one who kept doing it when they started living in King's Landing, either doing it herself or sending her little maids to listen in her stead. Even Tyrion had developed an early taste for spying on others.

But Jaime had always been different. Mayhaps it was because he had never been as interested in politics as his siblings were, but he had never felt the need to know intrigues in advance to plot his way out of them.

Yes, it might be all interest, after all. Because listening through the door was what he was doing right now. He had his ear pressed right against the wooden board of Sansa's chamber door in Winterfell. The Stark girl had sent for Brienne while she and Jaime were in the middle of an intense sparring session, and he had decided to follow her after putting away their swords in the armoury. Jaime had realised the Maid of Tarth preferred to keep the state of her relationship with Sansa and the rest of the Starks to herself. He suspected it was because none of them treated Brienne very well, and she wanted to avoid Jaime's inevitable rants on the matter.

So when he saw from a distance that Brienne was allowed into Lady Sansa's chamber, Jaime left his hiding place and decided to listen to their conversation, just to make sure he was right about his suspicions. Brienne's well-being mattered so much to him. And, after a few minutes of listening, he saw things clearly: though Jaime couldn't make out every single word the women were saying behind the door, it was enought for him to confirm that the exchange was a little uneven. Sansa kept speaking and cutting off Brienne's replies whenever she wanted with that cold attitude of her, while the Maid's contributions were always incredibly polite and respectful. Jaime balled up his only fist, his blood boiling inside his veins.

Suddenly, he heard steps coming to the door and he jumped back. When Brienne opened it, she immediately noticed Jaime's presence right in front of her. She opened her beautiful eyes in surprise and closed the door quickly behind her back.

“Were you listening through the door?”, she asked frowning.

“Of course I wasn't, wench. Where's the honour in that?”, Jaime asked innocently. “I was waiting for you, just in case you felt like resuming our training session.”

“Oh, hm... I'm sorry, Ser Jaime, but...”, she stuttered and started walking. “I'm tired and...”

Brienne had never been a good liar and Jaime realised right away that she was just trying to make up an excuse. He fell into step with her and sent her a sideways glance.

“She told you not to waste your talent and energy with a cripple, didn't she?”, Jaime said with the softest voice he could find in his throat.

Brienne gasped and blushed. Without looking at Jaime, she scolded him. “You told me you weren't listening!”

Then she sighed and rubbed her forehead in frustration. Jaime could see the pain reflected in her face. They fell silent and didn't talk for a while, their steps the only noises that resounded in the long stony corridor.

“You shouldn't let that brat treat you like that”, Jaime said softly at some point.

“That brat, like you call her, gave you shelter and granted you your life when you arrived here.”

“Because I'm of good use to the Starks with the Great War coming. I owe them nothing, Brienne. And neither do you.”

“I vowed to protect Lady Sansa”, the woman insisted. “And that's what I'm doing.”

Jaime shook his head. “Don't you see they way she treats you? She doesn't think you're her equal. She talks to you as if you were a mere servant, which you are not. Brienne, you're a highborn lady, the only heir of Tarth. You deserve better than this.”

Then Brienne spun around in the middle of the empty corridor to face him, frowning. “Better? This is the best I can expect from life, Ser Jaime. Being a sworn sword is all I can ask for. I'm not worth anything else.”

Jaime hated when Brienne understimated her own value. He hated when she didn't dare to dream bigger. He hated that she kept calling him Ser Jaime. “That's not true, my lady. You should-”

“I'm no lady!”, she cut him off. “And, by the way, as an ally, you're supposed to help me here, not being a burden.”

Jaime clenched his jaw and swallowed his next reply. He knew Brienne was under so much pressure these days, as everyone was, and he didn't want to be a problem, not for her, at least. They needed to fight together, not each other.

“Brienne, I know this may be hard to believe, but I'm on your side”, he finally said, his tiredness pretty obvious in his tone.

“Show it sometimes, then!”, she demanded and closed her eyes in exhaustion.

Then Jaime stepped closer, took her by the waist with his stump and, without thinking twice, he kissed her right on the lips. The contact was sweet but meaningful, a true statement. Brienne's first impulse was to push him away, but after a few seconds, she ended up relaxing in Jaime's arms. The warmth of his body managed to calm her down somehow. When they pulled apart, the look in her eyes was full of uncertainty, so she searched for Jaime's gaze immediately just to be sure his kiss was honest and not a joke. He brought his left hand to her face and stroked her cheek with the back of his fingers without letting go of her waist.

“Is this proof enough for you?”, Jaime asked against Brienne's lips. “I've been on your side almost since the very moment you crossed my path. I lost a hand, confessed my most secret truth, jumped into a bearpit and even left my sister because of you. I will always be on your side if you let me. You are my refuge, Brienne, and I would like you to be my home, too.”

“Jaime...”, was the only word she managed to articulate.

“You are worth a hundred Sansas, my lady. Marry me and let me be the protector of your high value, since you seem too humble to defend it. I know I don't have much to offer you, but loving you openly with all my heart is something I can do.”

“Yes”, Brienne said after a moment of hesitation, her eyes becoming true oceans all of a sudden. Then she nodded with the force of a storm. “Yes.”

She threw her arms around Jaime's neck and hugged him tightly, laughing and crying at the same time. Although she wasn't one for weeping, she was suddenly unable to hold back tears. Jaime held her and stroke her short, blonde hair. After a while, he felt a shiver run down his spine when he heard Brienne's low voice in his ear.

“Having you on my side is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I want to be on yours for the rest of my days.”

And, at that very moment, Jaime knew this woman was the true love of his life.>>

Not my best fic, but I hope you like it!
Edited by LadyCarmenSandiego, Apr 15 2018, 05:40 PM.

timetravelingwritr
Almost a Knight
Same here, lady Carmen ;)
Your prompt sounds great though!

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
I just posted a little story in my previous post. That's the best I could come up with!

timetravelingwritr
Almost a Knight
Sweet! Jaime can be very convincing when he wants to, isn't it?^^

FairladyZ2005
Maiden Saver
Last post count was 1137. Prompt #37 "Where are you clothes?" Yeah, I got a fun one. ;)

Jaime slowly opened the door of Brienne's room. It widened with a minimal creak. Brienne still snored even after he'd detangled himself from her arms and there was no sleeping Squire Podrick to trip over outside. He considered his extraction a success. Not that he was ashamed of his actions, but nature called and he was loathe to fuel the gossips further with suspicion of the "Kingslayer's whore." Theirs was an unconventional relationship to say the least and last night had only muddled things further.

He made it to the end of the hall when a voice cried out, "Going somewhere?"

Jaime whirled, spotting Bronn at the other end and unable to keep the irritation out of his voice. "What do you want?"

"Another meeting's been called. Urgent they said. Sent me to fetch you and the lady. Figured I find you both here." Before Jaime could respond to that, Bronn added, "Just a hunch."

Jaime yawned and ran his remaining hand over his b.eard and through his shaggy hair. "I'll be right down."

"Not in that I hope. Or people really will talk. Where are you clothes?"

Jaime looked down at his own bare chest and breeches as if noting them for the first time. The stone tiles of Winterfell suddenly feeling alarming cold on the soles of the bare feet he also sported. The best response he could level at Bronn, who by contrast was fully clothed, was a pointed glare as he tried to remember what had happened to the rest of his garments beyond them still being in Brienne's room. His head swam with a hangover. Whatever had happened had last night had involved wine, a lot of wine. As if in answer to Bronn's question, Brienne appeared at the door with a yawn of her own wearing Jaime's missing tunic that was was still a shade too tight on her frame with her own breeches underneath.

"Jaime? What's going on? Oh, good morning Ser Bronn."

"And to you, Lady Brienne. I hope I'm not interupting, but their mood killing majesties of snow and fire request your presence posthaste in the war room." Bronn glanced from Brienne to Jaime with a knowing look and a wink that betrayed his courtesies as Brienne blushed a terrible shade of red and Jaime gave him a deep scowl.

The night finally flooded back to Jaime in bits and pieces. A raven. Brienne's tears that she'd tried to hide. News of the Golden Company landing on Tarth and Lord Selwyn's death which he suspected this new meeting might entail. Open tears as she'd cried anew on his shoulder. Wine. Confessions. More wine. More confessions. Spilled wine. Jaime taking off his tunic and offering it to Brienne in place of her stained one. Beyond that was fuzzy, only the warm feeling of falling asleep in each other's arms. But he didn't expect Bronn to understand a notion of true chivalry so the lion didn't feel the need to explain himself to the sellsword.

"Then you'd best leave us, posthaste." Jaime emphasized the last word with a mocking politeness. "So we can be about our business."

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Bronn smirked and whistled "Bear and the Maiden Fair" as he left down the corridor.

Jaime followed Brienne back into her room, noting that Bronn was right about one thing. She was quite striking wearing his tunic like that.
Edited by FairladyZ2005, Apr 15 2018, 10:07 PM.

LadyCarmenSandiego
Member Avatar
Dreamer of you
Justme, your story is great! Student!Jaime is as chivalrous as canon!Jaime. I loved it!

And, FairLady, I must say I love canon fics, so yours hit me right in the feels.

Thanks both for your contributions!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
These are awesome.

julieoftarth
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
This is amazeballs. Posting to see what my count is so I can get my prompt. :) Thanks ladies for all your awesomeness. You are the best mods ever!

ETA: My prompt is #77: “I wasn’t going to say anything, but yeah.” Can't wait to write a fun little fic for this!
Edited by julieoftarth, Apr 15 2018, 07:31 PM.
online profile quote Top

DanyelN
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
y'all are all awesome! Lemme see what my prompt might be.

“If you were logical you would’ve killed me already.”
This gives me uncomfortable Stoneheart feels so Imma need to think on it a bit.
Edited by DanyelN, Apr 15 2018, 10:59 PM.

TheNerdyBlogger
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Absolutely brilliant idea, Mikki! I love it.

28. “You have got to see this.”

Bwahahahahaha
Edited by TheNerdyBlogger, Apr 16 2018, 04:52 AM.

Siren
Member Avatar
Hodor
This is great! I love everything so far. I'm going to see what my prompt is.

Since I'm such a newbie I got 04: "The king is missing." :) Time to get to work.
Edited by Siren, Apr 16 2018, 10:21 AM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
OOooOO. Siren, that's a good one!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fandom Media and Other Creativity · Next Topic »
Add Reply