Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Knights of the Old Republic - The Movie Trilogy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Force Unleashed 2
Topic Started: Dec 14 2009, 12:08 AM (3,841 Views)
Grant SK
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
The sequel to The Force Unleashed was announced at Spike TV's Video Game Awards last night. A brief trailer was shown, and it seems like Starkiller didn't actually die at the end of the first game. Apart from that, there are no other details.

Trailer

There's also an official website, but apart from some artwork it seems as if there is nothing else:

unleashed2010.com

Discuss.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Revan 411
Member Avatar
Jedi Knight
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We already have a topic about this:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/KOTOR_Movies/i...dpost&p=4451938

TPIOM EDIT:Locking that topic. This is now the official TFU2 topic. It has more information and your thread was a rumor thread.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Tpiom
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Moving to "Expanded Universe - Games".

Grant SK
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
The trailer is now up on TFU2's official site:

Link

The quality is much, much better than the Game Trailers video.

I'm assuming the beast at the end has been created exclusively for this game. It doesn't seem to be a rancor/bull rancor.

Any other thoughts?

Posted Image

JCarter426
Member Avatar
Game Hacker
HOW THE **** IS STARKILLER ALIVE AND WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS HAIR?!

Erm I mean um... er... let me settle down for a bit...

Yeah I played the first game (PC version) just recently, it was terrible. Combat was fun... but everything else was just so awful. The characters were dull and unoriginal, they never could decide whose side Starkiller was actually on, the entire setting was out of place, not Star Wars at all, the prequel and original trilogy characters were even more out of place, and in general they failed to explain anything properly. The downloadable content was even worse... and they still have one more pack to go...

Not looking forward to this game. At all. They ruined the JK series, now they've found a replacement. There are only so many games they make a year, and now The Force Unleashed is going to be filling up at least one slot - more if they do more downloadable levels. Judging from the trailer - and I know it's early and there wasn't much, but still - it doesn't look good at all. "Oh, let's give him another lightsaber!" Wow, real original.

His whole self sacrifice was the only redeeming part of the first game's plot, and now that's gone. May I be the first to thank all those losers who complained about Starkiller's death for ruining the entire point of that otherwise pointless game? Unless this is a clone or something. But that isn't much better.

With a name like The Force Unleashed - which I never liked, but that's irrelevant - they could have actually done something original and started fresh with a different era, new characters... since they loved throwing in characters where they didn't even fit in the first game... but no, instead they're going to continue Starkiller's "story", bring back the same characters, and do the same crap again only with TWO LIGHTSABERS NOW!!!!!!!!!

Pass.
Posted Image

Revan 411
Member Avatar
Jedi Knight
^^^

What he said.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Grant SK
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
JCarter426
Dec 14 2009, 08:32 PM

Yeah I played the first game (PC version) just recently, it was terrible. Combat was fun... but everything else was just so awful. The characters were dull and unoriginal, they never could decide whose side Starkiller was actually on, the entire setting was out of place, not Star Wars at all, the prequel and original trilogy characters were even more out of place, and in general they failed to explain anything properly. The downloadable content was even worse... and they still have one more pack to go...

I personally think the combat is a blast.  Apart from a few annoyances, this is a fun game to play.

I found PROXY and Kota to be entertaining.  I thought PROXY's mannerisms were quite comical at times, and General Kota's sarcasm but a refreshing twist on the Jedi Master archetype.  I found Juno to be particularly dull, and I agree with you that the characters from the films (except Vader and Palpatine) were awkwardly placed in the game's storyline.

I disagree with your statement that said the setting was out of place.  I loved the environments in the game, especially Raxus Prime.  They all seemed very Star Wars-y to me.

Not looking forward to this game. At all. They ruined the JK series, now they've found a replacement. There are only so many games they make a year, and now The Force Unleashed is going to be filling up at least one slot - more if they do more downloadable levels. Judging from the trailer - and I know it's early and there wasn't much, but still - it doesn't look good at all. "Oh, let's give him another lightsaber!" Wow, real original.

I'm taking more of a wait and see approach with this game.  TFU2 could be a game worth picking up if LucasArts can make a few technical tweaks and fix the plot. 

Regarding Starkiller weilding two lightsabers:
Yeah, it seems a tad gimmicky and it's been seen before, but I think the point that they were trying to make was that this will be the second enstallment in the series.  Gameplay wise, this could be a good thing.  If duel wielding/double bladed weapons come into play, gameplay could benefit from the added combat styles.

His whole self sacrifice was the only redeeming part of the first game's plot, and now that's gone. May I be the first to thank all those losers who complained about Starkiller's death for ruining the entire point of that otherwise pointless game? Unless this is a clone or something. But that isn't much better.

Nothing is known about the story yet.  It needs to be given a chance.  Saying that the plot will be awful before any real details have surfaced isn't giving the game a fair chance.

With a name like The Force Unleashed - which I never liked, but that's irrelevant - they could have actually done something original and started fresh with a different era, new characters... since they loved throwing in characters where they didn't even fit in the first game... but no, instead they're going to continue Starkiller's "story", bring back the same characters, and do the same crap again only with TWO LIGHTSABERS NOW!!!!!!!!!

Pass.

Maybe they will do a different era.  Although they showed Starkiller in the clip, LucasArts hasn't given any hard information about the game except for that it's coming in 2010.  For all we know we could be playing as someone completely different.

Responses are in red :)
Posted Image

JCarter426
Member Avatar
Game Hacker
With any sequel, the original is the fair chance. They've released a trailer, and even though there's not much in it, what's there speaks volumes. As I said, I can already tell it's JK3 all over again... start with characters whose stories are long finished returning just because the developers are out of ideas, add in TWO LIGHTSABERS!!!!!!!!!!, and the end result is a horrible rehash of the original which ends up being a glorified expansion pack. All of this. I don't doubt for a second it will happen again.

Anyway other than that, a few things.

1. Proxy was just so out of place. But I'll explain that in point 2. Kota is a serious rip-off of other characters like Obi-wan, Yoda, and Qu Rahn, to name a few. There was nothing particularly wrong with him, just that he was so unoriginal and he didn't do much in the story anyway. Add to that he sits on his behind for the entire original trilogy, apparently. One of the EU's fatal flaws strikes once again: a Jedi character is introduced and then does jack squat because he's not even supposed to be alive during this era. Anyway, Juno was just embarrassing and Starkiller... yeah.

2. I didn't mean the planets... they were... well... I didn't really care about them, although I'm pretty sure that's just because I had no clue why I was going to half of them, and what was actually going on.

3. What I did mean, and here's an important one, THESE GUYS HAVE CLEARLY NEVER EVEN SEEN STAR WARS! The tech is far too advanced. Proxy's holograms are good enough to fool the human eye, and yet all other holograms - in the films - are blue and rubbish. He also has advanced lightsaber combat programming... if the Empire seriously had that kind of technology, they wouldn't have lost the war. I could go on and on and on... the supercomputer on Raxus Prime... the Star Destroyer that took four hours to build... but really, there's not much more to say - this does not look or feel like Star Wars at all.

On a similar note - the Purge Troopers, and just about every pointless Stormtrooper variant introduced... no. Just no.

Shadow Guards... if the Empire had armies of those, like they do in The Force Unleashed, they would not have lost! Previous material has established that the Emperor barely trained anyone in the Force - he only had a few acolytes like Mara Jade, and even Vader didn't know about them.

4. Yes, I meant except Vader and Palps as well. Mainly my issue is with Bail and Leia, Obi-wan and Maul (through Proxy), and the various Jedi you're sent to kill. It felt like they were trying to do a prequel game but they set it in the original trilogy, just offsetting in general. The music didn't help - not Griskey's score mind you, rather the Williams prequel music.

But even worse is what they did to the Force. Vader, a character seriously weakened by the loss of his limbs, - WORD OF LUCAS - can toss around JEDI with no effort - even Starkiller, who is supposedly THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE USER EVER!!!!! I really don't like that Starkiller can do Force Lightning either, though I've always been anti-Force lighting... in the game's defense, they're not doing what anyone else hasn't done before. But they're doing much, much more of it. The powers are ridiculously out of proportion. Once again the Force is treated like magical superpowers instead of what it's portrayed as in the films.

But that's all I have to say about it... I really shouldn't have wasted my time with the game to begin with, because I knew what I was getting into.

EDIT: Also, I really hated Vader and Palps' voices.
Posted Image

Darthslim108
Member Avatar
Jedi Youngling
[ *  *  *  * ]
JCarter426
Dec 14 2009, 10:27 PM
3. What I did mean, and here's an important one, THESE GUYS HAVE CLEARLY NEVER EVEN SEEN STAR WARS! The tech is far too advanced. Proxy's holograms are good enough to fool the human eye, and yet all other holograms - in the films - are blue and rubbish. He also has advanced lightsaber combat programming... if the Empire seriously had that kind of technology, they wouldn't have lost the war. I could go on and on and on... the supercomputer on Raxus Prime... the Star Destroyer that took four hours to build... but really, there's not much more to say - this does not look or feel like Star Wars at all.

The thing with PROXY's holograms didn't bug me. Think of it this way: all the blue fuzzy holograms we see in the movies come from standard-issue single units, and most of them are transmissions. Proxy has state-of-the-art hologram projectors throughout his body. It's like the difference between watching a blu-ray movie on an HD TV versus having a video chat on your smartphone. That said, it is a bit crazy that they built a droid who can fight as well as Darth Maul and they didn't use them to wipe out the Rebels (or at least the Ewoks). That's the problem with Star Wars though. Stuff seems ridiculous when you compare it to all the pre-existing material, but within the game itself I thought Proxy was pretty believable. Especially given Starkiller's insane Force powers, highly advanced ship and super secret missions, it makes sense that he would have the most advanced droid we've ever seen.

Darth Varkor
Unregistered

JCarter426
Dec 14 2009, 08:32 PM

Pass.

Sorry, did u say they ruined the JK series? What was wrong with Jedi Academy?! Im playing it now and I think its really good.

But I do agree about how is he alive and his hair. The character weren't bad, they couldn't tell becuase StarKiller thought he was working for Vader when Vader was lying to him, Juno thought he wanted to detroy the Empire until she found out he was still working for Vader. Read the book, I am, it explains alot more in-depth.
Quote Post Goto Top

Darth_Revan207
Member Avatar
Jedi Youngling
[ *  *  *  * ]
D*mnit Lucasarts, we BEG for Kotor 3 and you give us this???!!
No one wants another FOrce Unleashed, the first one was bad enough.
Thanks a-h*l*s

Logan Starr
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why is nearly everyone so negative around here.

Give it a chance. And the trailer looked amazing. I lovbed everything until the rancor showed up, then it just looked like a visual effects showcase. But from the begining of the trailer until the huge monsters came looked great.
Posted Image

jedimasterfisher
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
holy crap the graphics look amazing! So Starkiller survived. wow interesting. looking forward to this game.

ECLIP5E
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
The book shouldn't have to explain it though. The game is supposed to do that all by itself with no one guiding it by the hand.

Ok sorry now on to the actual response of the topic:

*sigh* I've made my defence of TFU noticed in the past. It was original, the gameplay was fun and the characters (while they did have slight flaws because of animation/expressional difficulties) were different ... with the exception of Kota which I liked cause it brought back that Star Wars feeling. Starkiller was the conflicted anti-hero who goes about his goals for his own reasons, Kota was a hardened mentor who had that Star Warsesque familiarity, Juno was spunky and actually quite independent and strong with only one rescue mission **side note: this appears to be a reacuring theme among Star Wars (female strength and independence)**

I think that TFU2 may be a bit of an original killer or maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see.
No day but today.

Darth Bos Pity
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well i really enjoyed TFU, & i'm looking forward to TFU II, although i would raher see other games made, which i needn't even mention a title, i honestly cannot imagine how TFU II will work, story wise.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Star Wars Expanded Universe · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Old Republic theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone