Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Knights of the Old Republic - The Movie Trilogy. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Haden Blackman leaves LucasArts; TFU Producer resigns after 13 years
Topic Started: Aug 4 2010, 03:53 AM (1,194 Views)
Grant SK
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
Quote:
 
The executive producer and writer of the Force Unleashed videogame series, Haden Blackman, has resigned from LucasArts today after spending 13 years with the studio, the company confirmed to IGN.

Blackman has been credited with working on several titles over the years, including the Force Unleashed I and II, Star Wars: Galaxies, and Star Wars: Force Commander. He also helped write and produce a number of Star Wars books and comics.

"I've had a fantastic time working with the team at Lucasfilm and am really grateful for their ongoing support," Blackman said in a statement.

"While the decision to leave LucasArts did not happen overnight or come easily, I really feel that now is the best time for me to move on and explore new creative challenges and I look forward to the next phase of my career."

The Force Unleashed II is currently set for release this October. A LucasArts representative said Blackman's departure will not affect the game's development.


Link

Discuss :)

TPIOM EDIT: I moved this thread to a more appropriate section. It's not a game after all.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
JCarter426
Member Avatar
Animator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally. I can't imagine why he wasn't fired after all the disasters he caused, but I guess leaving is the next best thing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Darthslim108
Member Avatar
Jedi Youngling
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can understand him wanting to move on to other things, but why quit right before TFU2 is released? I would have at least waited until after that came out.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Tpiom
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
JCarter426
Aug 4 2010, 06:52 PM
Finally. I can't imagine why he wasn't fired after all the disasters he caused, but I guess leaving is the next best thing.

Well, I don't know about Galaxies or Force Commander's sales but TFU sold really well. I'd imagine Galaxies did it too before something made people to leave.

Maybe now it's possible that they begin to produce good books and comics :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
JCarter426
Member Avatar
Animator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Galaxies was a failure. Force Commander was a failure. TFU was a failure; the game might have sold well, but it wasn't well liked, and the rest of the project was a failure - in contrast to, say, Shadows of the Empire, which The Force Unleashed project thoroughly ripped off. All those delays because of the whole COLLECT THEM ALL! mentality of the console releases didn't help either. Considering he's quitting before the release of TFU2, I think it's safe to say that's not going too well either. The comics he was involved with were also failures and are currently being written out of canon by Clone Wars.

All in all, he's been in charge of one disaster project after another.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
HK-47
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have to agree with JC on this part; When I read the things he had been working on I felt like it was more of a good thing than a bad thing that he left. However, I do think he should have waited for the release of TFU II, because he was involved with it's production.
The company saying this will not affect development is bullpoop, of course this will affect development.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Grant SK
Member Avatar
Midichlorian
[ *  * ]
I'm completely indifferent towards Blackman's departure.

I'm not a fan of any of the games he produced (however I did play TFU and I thought it wasn't terrible...).

Hopefully this will lead to new projects instead of sequels (or sequels of games that we actually want!).
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
HK-47
Member Avatar
Jedi Padawan
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grant SK
Aug 6 2010, 12:28 AM
(or sequels of games that we actually want!).

Here's to Knights of the Old Republic III :wub: and a new Dark Forces game! Oh and Battlefront III if they don't f*ck it up too bad. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Darthslim108
Member Avatar
Jedi Youngling
[ *  *  *  * ]
Grant SK
Aug 5 2010, 10:28 PM
Hopefully this will lead to new projects instead of sequels (or sequels of games that we actually want!).

Amen to that! I enjoyed the Force Unleashed, but I don't think it needed a sequel. I'll probably play the second game anyway, but unless it manages to totally blow me away, I'll be sitting there going "this is alright, but you could have spent your time and effort making Battlefront III."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Darth_Revan207
Member Avatar
Jedi Youngling
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here's to a new, better age of Lucasarts! May Haden Blackman never touch anything Star WARS again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Star Wars Expanded Universe · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Old Republic theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone