Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to zetaboards. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Load & Reload Album Covers; Opinions?
Topic Started: March 14, 2009, 11:26 pm (11,504 Views)
Bri
Member Avatar
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling
[ * ]
Posted ImagePosted Image

At first when I found out what it was on the cover I was grossed out and a bit bewildered by it,but now i'm fine with it now and I find to be an pretty interesting and fascinating concept. :P

So What do you think and does anybody know why they chose this artwork to cover the albums?

For Those Who Don't Know (Just in case) :)
Quote:

Load
The cover of the album is original artwork entitled "Semen and Blood III." It is one of three photographic studies by Andres Serrano created in 1990 by mingling the artist's own semen and bovine blood between two sheets of Plexiglas.
Reload
The cover of the album is original artwork depicting urine and blood. It is one of three photographic studies by Andres Serrano created in 1990 by mingling the artist's own urine and bovine blood between two sheets of Plexiglas.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xxprettyinmetal
Member Avatar
Blackened
[ * ]
I lik them, I find them interesting, different and unique. They're great works of art.

Aki of the Dead
Member Avatar
Stardog Chump
[ * ]
When I had my 1 gig iPod I only got a small picture for the albums. I thought Load was flames or plasma and Reload was a tornado.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

I think it's cool in a bizarre way, but to me it just doesn't seem like a Metallica album cover. That's fine though.

Bri
Member Avatar
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling
[ * ]
Aki of the Dead
Mar 14 2009, 11:48 PM
When I had my 1 gig iPod I only got a small picture for the albums. I thought Load was flames or plasma and Reload was a tornado.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

I think it's cool in a bizarre way, but to me it just doesn't seem like a Metallica album cover. That's fine though.

I used to think Load was gasoline and Reload was like the bottom of an astronomical body. :|

L A R Z
Member Avatar
SHALASHASKA
[ * ]
Lol I never knew that before some weeks ago! But I think as well that its a pretty interesting concept.. I was grossed as well in the beginning, cause.. Semen and blood.. Aouch! :wacko: But those metallica boys are really creative ! ^^ In some odd way..

lolo
Member Avatar
ex - thur - minate
[ * ]
I like 'em, but I thought it was Bull sperm, and not his own?

I read that Kirk saw it in an exhibition, and he thought it would be a cool work to put on the cover.

Mistress of Puppets
Member Avatar
05/16/2010 \m/ <3
[ * ]
I was grossed at first too... Especially for Load cover. :ugh:
But I find it very interesting now. It's pretty amazing how he got the idea of mixing those two. :tu: :horns2

L A R Z
Member Avatar
SHALASHASKA
[ * ]
Mistress of Puppets
Mar 15 2009, 01:21 PM
I was grossed at first too... Especially for Load cover. :ugh:
But I find it very interesting now. It's pretty amazing how he got the idea of mixing those two. :tu: :horns2

Just my words! :tu:

...so metal...
Member Avatar
Just live!
[ * ]
It's funny to me! And also very interestin! Imagine what mind there is to come with an idea like that! Sick and awesome! :D

Kimmi
Default Avatar
Outlaw Torn
[ * ]
I think those covers are kinda gross, but I've gotten used to them by now.
I remember when Andres Serrano had an exhibition in Finland at 2001. There was a lot of disqusted people in here...
I've heard he uses pictures of corpses in his art too... :ugh:
And this is what I found at andresserrano.org:
http://andresserrano.org/
That's just GROSS !! :lol: :puke:

...so metal...
Member Avatar
Just live!
[ * ]
Kimmi
Mar 15 2009, 04:53 AM
I think those covers are kinda gross, but I've gotten used to them by now.
I remember when Andres Serrano had an exhibition in Finland at 2001. There was a lot of disqusted people in here...
I've heard he uses pictures of corpses in his art too... :ugh:
And this is what I found at andresserrano.org:
http://andresserrano.org/
That's just GROSS !! :lol: :puke:

:D
Don't get me worng - but I find it brilliant and hilariuos and grose at the same time!! Cuz you just have to admit - the guy is unique!!

StevieNicks
Member Avatar
Pictorial Queen
[ * ]
I thought for the longest time that the Loadcover was flames the the Reloadcover was like the surface or atmosphere of Mars or something :wacko:

...so metal...
Member Avatar
Just live!
[ * ]
I always thought that ReLoad was someones ass pictured with heat-camera! (or whatever it is called) :wacko:

Kimmi
Default Avatar
Outlaw Torn
[ * ]
...so metal...
Mar 15 2009, 03:00 PM
I always thought that ReLoad was someones ass pictured with heat-camera! (or whatever it is called)  :wacko:

OMG... you just cracked me up... :tardlol

AryLily
Member Avatar
Some Kind Of Monster
[ * ]
An ass ? So funny !
I never thought of that, and now, I'll never be able to look at the cover without that in mind !

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anything Metallica · Next Topic »
Add Reply