Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Flipzi's.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you have a limited access. You can read the 'Announcements' and 'Society' sections but you need to register in order to view the rest. This is for security reasons. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free anyway. Register now instead. Thank you.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Oplan Wolverine (Hunt for Marwan); Mamasapano Operation by PNP-SAF (Jan 2015)
Topic Started: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:48 pm (11,491 Views)
Flipzi
Member Avatar
R.A.T.S.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SAF KNEW THE MONEY WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO ANY GOVT EMPLOYEE OR OFFICIAL BUT TO THE CIVILIAN INFORMANT

Last January while campaigning for the presidency, Duterte claimed he was with then-President Benigno Aquino III in Zamboanga City during the Mamasapano incident.

According to Duterte, it was then-Interior Secretary Mar Roxas who invited him to join Aquino at the Edwin Andrews Airbase in Zamboanga City on January 25 last year.

Duterte had then refused to disclose details of his attendance at the airbase, saying these were confidential.

On Wednesday, Duterte promised law enforcers that there will not be another Mamasapano incident during his watch.

Duterte said, "These are the things na dili mahitabo sa akong panahon. Dili ko musugot anang tinorpe na desisyon. It's very stupid. Maasahan na nila iyan. Dili ko musugot ug in-ana [These are the things that will not happen during my time. I will not allow another clumsy decision. It's very stupid. You can count on me. I will not allow it to happen]."

'Ask Aquino'

Former SAF chief Getulio Napeñas, meanwhile, said he had no idea about the $5 million bounty supposedly being the motivation for the operation, reitarating it was Aquino who ordered the mission.

"Ang nag-utos at nag-direkta sa planning, preparation, at execution ng operation kay Marwan ay si PNoy mismo. Kung 'yong reward money ang motive nya, hindi namin abot at malaman dahil dahil 'di nya sinabi," Napeñas said in a text message to GMA News Online.

"Sa totoo lang, hindi ko naman pwede tanungin sa kanya 'yan noong nag briefing ako sa Bahay Pangarap na, 'Mr President ang motive mo ba sa pag-utos sa amin ay 'yong reward money?,'" Napeñas added.

"Alam namin na ang reward ay mapupunta sa informant, at hindi SAF ang may hawak sa informant, kaya wala ni kusing natanggap ang SAF na reward." —with Amita Legaspi/VVP/JST, GMA News

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/577091/news/nation/duterte-deadly-mamasapano-incident-a-consequence-of-running-after-5-m-bounty/top_picks?order=4#sthash.D3SL052o.dpuf
Alfred Alexander L. Marasigan
Manila, Philippines
getflipzi@yahoo.com

http://z6.invisionfree.com/flipzi

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them!"

" People don't care what we know until they know we care."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flipzi
Member Avatar
R.A.T.S.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

SAF 44 families demand justice from Duterte

During a dinner for the families, Duterte promises to set a 'day of remembrance' for the SAF 44 and orders the PNP to study the possibility of awarding the fallen troopers the Medal of Valor

When will justice for their fathers, sons, and husbands be served?

This question was voiced by family members of the "Fallen 44," the Special Action Force (SAF) troopers who were killed in the Mamasapano clash on January 25, 2015, to President Rodrigo Duterte on the eve of the tragedy's 2nd anniversary.

Duterte hosted a dinner for the families in Malacañang Palace. Thirty-nine out of 44 families attended.

"It's been two years since the tragedy and until now, we don't know when we'll get justice and who should be held accountable," said John Anniban, father of Senior Inspector Cyrus Paleyan Anniban, as he took to the podium to address Duterte.

That day, the Ombudsman filed with the Sandiganbayan criminal charges against two officials who led the operation: former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Alan Purisima and ex-SAF director Getulio Napeñas.

Rohirmina Asjali, mother of PO3 Jed-in Abubakar Asjali, asked if all the fallen SAF troopers could be awarded the Medal of Valor.

"Justice, Mr President, is what everyone is asking for. Why is there none even after two years? And Medal of Valor, I hope they can be given to all since they all died," she said.

The Medal of Valor, the highest award that can be conferred to a member of the police or military, was given to only two of the SAF 44 supposedly because of the tedious process required before it can be conferred. Witnesses are required to testify on the acts of the possible awardee.

But all 44 troopers were awarded the PNP Distinguished Conduct Medal and given a posthumous promotion.

Melanie Duque, wife of PO3 Andres Viernes Duque Jr, claimed not all the families have received what the government promised them.

"How about the promised employent of familes? Not all are employed like me. Other sources of livelihood, not all have been given, like from DSWD (Department of Social Welfare and Development). Not all families have been given houses. Will full scholarship really be given to our children?" she asked.

Duterte, in his speech later that night, sought to address the concerns of the families.

He promised to create a commission to reinvestigate the Mamasapano clash.

He also asked PNP chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa, who was in the room, to study the possibility of awarding all 44 troopers the Medal of Valor.

"Look into it, I'm directing you now and give me the result within, probably at the end of the month. Anyway the records are there, you don't have to investigate. Look at the records of the Senate and everything. And if you think as a [policeman] that the 44 deserve the Valor, then recommend it and I would give it to them. All of the [policemen], the 44," said Duterte to applause.

He promised to set a "day of remembrance" for the SAF 44.

During his speech, Duterte also criticized former president Benigno Aquino III for allegedly covering up some aspects of the botched operation, including supposed US involvement.

"SAF 44" is the collective term for the 44 SAF troopers who died on January 25, 2015 during "Oplan Exodus," a police operation that targeted terrorists Zulkifli bin Hir and Abdul Basit Usman. It was the biggest crisis to hit Aquino and his administration. – Rappler.com

http://www.rappler.com/nation/159417-saf-44-families-demand-justice-duterte

Related:

Duterte wants medals of valor for all of SAF 44
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/596941/news/nation/duterte-wants-medals-of-valor-for-all-of-saf-44

Duterte meets SAF 44 kin
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/01/24/17/duterte-meets-saf-44-kin

SAF 44 widow hopeful for justice under Duterte
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/01/24/17/saf-44-widow-hopeful-for-justice-under-duterte
Manila, Philippines
getflipzi@yahoo.com

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them!"

Flipzi
Member Avatar
R.A.T.S.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
GMA News photo

"Namatayan ako, namatayan kayo, so patas na tayo?" - Noynoy Aquino

Naku, Sir Noynoy. Iba naman yung na-asssassinate yung tatay mo (at nasangkot pa uncle mo mismo) kaysa sa sarili mo tropa na napabayaan hanggang makatay. :(

Manila, Philippines
getflipzi@yahoo.com

Flipzi
Member Avatar
R.A.T.S.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Maj. Gen. Romeo V. Poquiz, PAF (credit to photo owners)

WHAT A MILITARY CHOPPER PILOT SAYS ABOUT THE SAF44

For 2 years, I kept my outrage on the Mamasapano incident to myself. With nobody punished on its 2nd year anniversary today, however, I cannot anymore contain my outrage I have to publicly speak up.

As a former Air Force helicopter pilot deployed in the field, my crew and I were always on the alert. When calls for air support from engaged Army, Marines or Police ground forces were received, we were up in the air in no time at all and delivered the required assistance - be it aerial fire support or close air support, medical or casualty evacuation, food or ammo resupply, transport of reinforcement troops, etc. We did these to the ground troops despite them coming from different branches of service. We did these even if we sometimes have to violate Air Force regulations such as flying at night, during inclement weather, flying without a buddy aircraft, extremely dangerous combat situations, etc. We did these even when there were no prior coordination to us by the ground troops on their operation, and we had to improvise in order to locate them to support them. We did these even when there were no orders yet from air force commanders for us to fly and conduct the missions. We did these again and again even if our helicopters were riddled with bullet holes after every mission.

These are the reasons why I cannot anymore contain my outrage on the Mamasapano incident where 44 precious lives of soldiers /policemen comrades were lost.

There were PAF helicopters and close air support aircraft in Zamboanga and Davao on that day, yet not a single aircraft flew to support the SAF. Not even for persuasion flights. Why? The Air Force commanders said there was no order for them to dispatch the aircrafts. Bullshit! I would have hanged myself if I was the Air Force commander.

A US helicopter picked up the dead and wounded instead of a Philippine Air Force helicopter. Son of a gun!
The request for support by the SAF was not an ordinary request for assistance. It was an S.O.S. It was for a rescue. The troops were sitting ducks and were being slaughtered, some with their heads decapitated - the massacres were even being witnessed live via US drone monitor by a president at the 3rd Air Division headquarters in Zamboanga City.

Why was there no artillery support given despite the pleas of the police commanders? Because there was no prior coordination on the operation and you were not given the exact grid coordinates. Putangina! For 12 hours? You should have at least fired blank artillery rounds, or fired white phosphorus on the long and wide Mamasapano River, so that the dying troops may have heard the cannon fires and at least thought that they were supported before they finally breathed their last.

You did not rescue the SAF troops, despite their dying pleas, because you did not want to displease a president, who probably was on his lucid intervals, and who salivated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Putangina pa rin!

And you call yourselves commanders and commander-in-chief?

And you sleep soundly at night?

Maraming putangina!

Source: Romeo V. Poquiz wall

WITH THIS STATEMENT FROM A SENIOR OFFICER OF THE AIR FORCE, THE BRANCH OF THE AFP WHO COULD HAVE RESCUED THE SAF44, my perception about PNoy's gov't's lack of will to save the SAF44 has become stronger.
Edited by Flipzi, Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:11 pm.
Manila, Philippines
getflipzi@yahoo.com

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Major Battles In the Philippines · Next Topic »
Add Reply