Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
This is the forum of the North Lancashire Road Club.and is for matters concerning club members and friends and cycling in general.Please use it responsibly.If you want to seek approval to join you must do so using your real name.
Welcome to Nlrc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.YOU MUST USE YOUR FIRST AND SURNAME TO JOIN!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday 6th February
Topic Started: Feb 7 2018, 09:47 AM (175 Views)
Roger Haydock

The day did not promise much, so only three of us turned up at the Dog. Richard and Mark were already there when I arrived and suggested Hellifield direction and see what its like when we get there .
Very light snow was in the air when we set off through Barrow and the Worston Road, following our usual route . I requested a stop at the Copy Nook to remove an extra layer while Richard put on glove liners. Off we went over Paythorne and proceeded through Hellifield to Airton where we made the right turn to Gargrave and the Dalesman cafe with its roaring log fire.
The weather had closed in a bit by know and we enjoyed the warmth of the fire while we consumed our beans and egg on toast, so we emerged from the cafe, glowing and ready for the return journey. Back through Bank Newton, over Nappa and left at the main road towards Gisburn, then right through Paythorne village. The sun almost broke through the cloud for a while and we thought we might have seen the back of the sleet. No such luck, we continued, the only discomfort for me being stinging eyes. Back through Clitheroe where we left Mark to find the opticians to repair his glasses which had come apart before lunch and Richard turned left in Barrow through Wiswell and I came back via Whalley to continue to Blackburn to pick up my car from the garage, new discs and pads, not too expensive.
61ml @ 14.8mph better than stopping in.!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tuesday rides · Next Topic »
Add Reply