Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
This is the forum of the North Lancashire Road Club.and is for matters concerning club members and friends and cycling in general.Please use it responsibly.If you want to seek approval to join you must do so using your real name.
Welcome to Nlrc. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.YOU MUST USE YOUR FIRST AND SURNAME TO JOIN!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Beacon Little Mountain TT, classic series round 3; 37 miles 15/04/2018
Topic Started: Apr 16 2018, 08:37 AM (99 Views)
David Hargreaves

I recorded 1:54:22 in the 37 mile Beacon Little Mountain TT in Worcestershire which was round 3 of the Knight Composites Classic Series. In the Target Time category I was second with +1:42 to Pete Greenwood (+6:37) who was 6th overall in the Vets race at age 66! I also won the V70 award which was awarded even though I was the only V70. However I beat all the other V60s apart from Pete Greenwood. My time was more than 4 min slower than last year despite my average power being 3W higher (186W) and NP the same (196W). The course took in two hill climb courses - Ankerdine and finished at the top of Shelsley Walsh climb (which is this year's National Championship course) It was the first outing for my new steed which I finished assembling the previous evening.

Danny Axford of Arctic Tacx RT won the Vets race with 1:34:46. Carl Donaldson of GS Metro won the Senior/Espoir race with 1:32:09.
Edited by David Hargreaves, Apr 16 2018, 08:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

David Hargreaves

I checked my bike this afternoon to discover what had caused a loud knocking on every pedal stroke 2 miles from the finish. I immediately noticed the one of the (rather long) stop screws had become unscrewed and was hitting the crank when in the big ring. I had been aware when I had adjusted it that it seemed a loose fit compared with most stop screws which are a tight fitting. Will apply loctite when I readjust. I also realised that the front mech "braze-on" (actually bolted-on) hanger was loose. This was already fitted to the frame when it arrived. I loctited the screw and refitted. The other screw had a tiny ring of loctite so added more and refitted.

I then noticed that the rear wheel was rubbing on one of the brake pads. I had adjusted the screws in the rear drop-out to centralise the wheel on Saturday and spun the wheels after removing the bike from car at the event HQ but it seemed to have pulled over. I had noticed that the adjuster screws' threads weren't as tight as I am accustomed to. Looks like more loctite needed. At least it explains why I had been 4 min slower than last year despite higher power. I had been concerned that the change of frameset and the new set up had made me less rather than more aerodynamic.

I had been on a series on short test rides on Saturday followed by a 10 mile ride but this obviously hadn't been enough to shake down the problems.

Dave.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Time trial results and news · Next Topic »
Add Reply