|
| Tass | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Nov 12 2017, 04:52 PM (111 Views) | |
| winisle | Nov 12 2017, 04:52 PM Post #1 |
![]()
|
Edited by winisle, Nov 12 2017, 05:08 PM.
|
![]() |
|
| winisle | Nov 21 2017, 08:14 PM Post #2 |
![]()
|
Putin announces candidacy, will not campaign November 2017 Vladimir Putin entering the room to announce his candidacy Moscow | Russia -- Russian President Vladimir Putin put an end to speculations about his future, as he today announced that he indeed will be an independent candidate for the 2018 Presidential election. If he wins, and all polls points towards that, it will be his fourth term in office as President of Russia. Many journalists and international observers has commented on the fact that Putin has seemed to be tired and less active in the last year, and there was a train of thought that Putin wouldn't run. Putin also announced that he will not be campaigning for the election, preferring to let his actions as President speak for themselves. Edited by winisle, Nov 22 2017, 12:36 AM.
|
![]() |
|
| winisle | Nov 22 2017, 12:36 AM Post #3 |
![]()
|
Russian diplomats blast Kiev regime over repeated desecration of WWII monument November 2017 ![]() Cleaning the Eternal Flame in Kiev's Park of Eternal Glory Moscow | Russia -- The Russian Foreign Ministry has expressed indignation over an act of vandalism committed at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Kiev. Moscow says this shows that the Ukrainian government is not able to counter extremism. “To our indignation we have learned about another act of vandalism – on November 20, the Eternal Flame at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in central Kiev was put out with cement. The fact that this act of desecration took place for the second time in just one month and the culprits have not been found and punished speaks either about the criminal permissiveness of the Kiev authorities or about their lack of will and inability to counter unrestrained radicals,” reads the statement released by the foreign ministry on Tuesday. "We call upon the international community to pay attention to the events in Ukraine and resolutely denounce the activities of the Ukrainian nationalists,” the document reads. “In this context, one cannot but be shocked by the cynicism and, of course, absolute inaction of the Ukrainian authorities which allow extremists flout with impunity the memory of those who gave their lives fighting against Nazism,” Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said. source
|
![]() |
|
| winisle | Nov 25 2017, 03:51 PM Post #4 |
![]()
|
Navalny free to run December 2017 ![]() Alexei Navalny at a protest rally Moscow | Russia -- In a surprise decision, a three judge panel of the Supreme Court of Russia has vacated all convictions barring known political activist and Putin-critic Alexei Navalny from running in the 2018 Presidential election. Dmitry Peskov, the Press Secretary for President Putin touted the decision as proof that the Russian justice systems works in a fair and proper manner, and welcomed the challenge that Navalny most certainly will bring to the March 2018 Presidential election, but added that the President, and all around him, where confident on a first-round win for President Putin. Navalny himself is currently unavailable for a comment, but his Chief of Staff, Leonid Volkov, expressed is elation over the decision, and promised that it was “full steam ahead” from now until the election. He also expressed concerns about the race being fair, citing issues with getting access to TV commercial spots, interviews in various media, permits to stage rallies and so on. |
![]() |
|
| winisle | Nov 27 2017, 05:00 PM Post #5 |
![]()
|
Russian business ombudsman Titov announces presidential bid December 2017 ![]() Moscow | Russia -- Russia’s ombudsman for entrepreneurs’ rights and part-owner of popular Russian champagne brand “Abrau-Durso” Boris Titov will join the 2018 presidential race. The ombudsman chairs the Party of Growth, which announced his candidacy. The nomination of Boris Titov was discussed and agreed on by his fellow party members during the meeting at the Titov-owned wine house in the village of Abrau-Durso in Southern Russia. The presidential hopeful heads one of the youngest Russian parties “Party of Growth,” which has never managed to overcome the threshold to enter the country’s parliament. Source
|
![]() |
|
| winisle | Dec 7 2017, 04:27 PM Post #6 |
![]()
|
Russian Presidential Race heats up The Russian Presidential race, between 5 different candidates, incumbent President, Vladimir Putin, leader of the Communist Party Gennady Zyuganov, Liberal Democrats leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky, Civil Initiative leader Ksenia Sobchak and the main challenger, Alexei Navalny, is heating up as it goes into the homestretch before the March 2018 election. It can so far be described as somewhat fair, but also as dirty. Several other candidates has dropped out of the running after not recieving enough support for them to continue. Fair – surprisingly, to many in the western media and political landscape, there has been a fair and equal access to TV, radio and other news outlets, as well as no real hinders in setting up rallies and/or meetings. Dirty – vicious attacks on characters and family. Accusations about things high and low, with the most severe perhaps being the accusation made by Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the “firebrand” leader of the ultra-nationalistic Liberal Democratic Party, against Ksenia Sobchak of the Civil Initiative. The accusation was that Miss Sobachak was a paid agent for the CIA, and that her reason for running was to destabilize Russia. Alexei Navalny, the leader of the Progress Party, and by many seen as the main opposition to incumbent President, Vladimir Putin, has had his share of troubles, as various groups (most aligned with the President) has attacked what appears to be a rift between the personal politics of the candidate and the positions held by the party in general. President Putin, true to his word, has not spent a day on the campaign trail, nor has he participated in any televised campaign efforts. His campaign is instead run by several groups, both from the Kremlin, the Duma and outside of the political spectra, such as Team Putin, which sees several prominent Russian athletes, such as NHL stars Alex Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin, former pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva among its ranks. The prediction is for a Putin electoral win in the first round. If Navalny can secure enough votes for him to force a second round of elections, it will severely damage the fourth presidential period of Vladimir Putin. |
![]() |
|
| winisle | Dec 26 2017, 04:19 PM Post #7 |
![]()
|
Japanese Nationalists convicted A Rubin-class patrol boat, similar to the one attacked in the incident Msocow | Russia --- The aftermath of the Japanese nationalist action against the Rubin-class Saphir in Russian waters off the coast of Iturup culminated today, as the captain of the charter crew was handed a $10,000 fine, and then handed over to the Japanese Embassy together with his crew for deportation to Japan. Neither the Captain, nor his crew, will be allowed back to Russia for a full 24 months. The Japanese nationalists chartering the vessel was sentenced to 8 years in a Corrective Labor Colony for "attacking a Russian national ship" and multiple cases of attempted murder. They are not expected to serve any of that time in Russia, but rather turned over to Japanese authorities, in order to serve their sentences in a Japanese prison. |
![]() |
|
| winisle | Jan 18 2018, 09:20 PM Post #8 |
![]()
|
State of Russian Military November 2018 Moscow | Russia --- In preparation for the upcoming procurment period (2019-2024), the Russian Ministry of Defense is presenting the state of the Russian Armed Forces. Overall, the Russian Army will see its number of large formations reduced in the years to come with all divisions (apart from five in the VDV) being removed. The future chain of command will be Army - Corps - Brigade - Battalion. The Arctic Command will once again revert to being part of the Joint Strategic Command West. It is being developed towards 30 Motorized Rifle Brigades and 12 lighter brigades, including the new Rifle Brigade, a more traditional Russian pattern brigade that will replace the superlight brigade project. The T-14 main battle tank is entering series production for the Russian Army Overall, the Russian Army will see a modernization in its weaponry in the years to come, and a move towards a more fully professional force. Over the period, more than 1,500 new or heavily upgraded tanks will be delivered to the Russian Armed Forces, together with more than 1,200 new AIFV's. The S-500 Prometey will also make its debute in service with the Russian Armed Forces. The Russian Navy will move towards its goal of around 90 surface combatants of various size, with the current fleet just above 100 surface combatants of various sizes. The number might reduce some, but the capabilities and overall displacement of the ships will increase. At least six new surface combatants are being laid down yearly over the forseable future. A new class of larger (almost 10,000 tons displacement) surface combatants is being developed, and will be laid down before the end of the period. More than 15 of this class is envisioned to be ordered. At the same time, the Kuznetzov class aircraft carrier and the Kirov class large cruisers are entered into a prolonged maintenance status, while the remaining Kara and Kashin class cruisers are retired outright. The number of submarines is set to grow, wtith the goal being in the region of more than 70 submarines of different types and classes, including non-nuclear patrol submarines. ![]() Su-57's conducting flight tests before being delivered to the Russian Air Force The majority of the focus during this procurement period is on the Russian Air Force, with more than 600 new combat aircrafts due to enter service, replacing a multitude of older, less capable designs. The procurement period will also see the introduction of the second Russian 5th Gen fiighter, the Mikoyan LMFS as well as a new ground-attack aircraft, the Yak-49, which is designed to replace the venerable Su-25. Military expenditure will, as things looks today be limited in the future, the current limit for the next procurement cycle (2025-2030) being looked at is $120 billions per year, woth an increased emphasis on pay and training for troops, and less on procurement of new weapons. |
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · Round 10 · Next Topic » |














5:04 PM Jul 10
