| Welcome to Natural Hazards Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| Pentagon ran secret multi-million dollar UFO programme | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: 17 Dec 2017, 01:18 AM (94 Views) | |
| skibboy | 17 Dec 2017, 01:18 AM Post #1 |
|
Pentagon ran secret multi-million dollar UFO programme 2 hours ago ![]() The Pentagon has been running a secret multi-million dollar programme to investigate Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), US media report. Only a small number of officials were aware of the programme, which began in 2007 and was reportedly closed in 2012. The New York Times says documents from the operation describe strange speeding aircraft and hovering objects. But scientists were doubtful, stressing that unexplained happenings were not necessarily proof of alien life. The brainchild of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Programme was Harry Reid, a retired Democratic senator who was the Senate majority leader at the time. He told the New York Times: "I'm not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going. I've done something that no one has done before." The programme is reported to have cost the Department of Defense more than $20 million (£15m) before it was shut down in order to save costs. Although its funding ended in 2012, officials have reportedly continued to investigate sightings of unusual aerial phenomena and suspicious objects alongside their daily duties. One former congressional staffer told Politico the programme may have been set up to monitor the technological progress of rival foreign powers. "Was this China or Russia trying to do something or has some propulsion system we are not familiar with?", they said. Earlier this year, the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) released millions of pages of declassified documents online. The records included UFO sightings and a collection of reports on flying saucers. Source: .com
|
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · Astronomy & Space · Next Topic » |




.com



9:16 AM Jul 11