| Welcome to Natural Hazards Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| Japanese National Policy Minister says Fukushima Daiichi and Daini reactors should never be restarted | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: 18 Aug 2012, 12:39 AM (30 Views) | |
| skibboy | 18 Aug 2012, 12:39 AM Post #1 |
|
Fukushima Reactor Restart Impossible: Minister![]() Fukushima, Aug. 16 (Jiji Press)--Japanese National Policy Minister Motohisa Furukawa said Thursday that the No. 5 and No. 6 reactors at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s <9501> disaster-stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant and its Fukushima No. 2 nuclear plant should never be reactivated. Furukawa made the remark at a meeting with evacuees from the Fukushima Prefecture village of Kawauchi, according to Kawauchi Mayor Yuko Endo, who also took part. The meeting took place at a temporary housing complex in the Fukushima city of Koriyama, where the Kawauchi residents now live after being evacuated in the wake of the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 plant knocked out by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami last year. The village is located close to the nuclear power plant. Of the six reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 plant, the No. 1 to No. 4 reactors are set to be scrapped. But TEPCO has not clarified whether to decommission the plant's No. 5 and No. 6 reactors and the four reactors at the Fukushima No. 2 plant, which has been suspended since the March 2011 disaster. Earlier on Thursday, Furukawa met with evacuees from the Fukushima town of Tomioka at their temporary housing complex in the city of Iwaki in the same prefecture. 2012/08/17 source:
|
![]() |
|
| skibboy | 18 Aug 2012, 11:23 PM Post #2 |
|
JGOV SAYS ENTIRE FUKUSHIMA DAIICHI AND DAINI PLANTS SHOULD BE WRITTEN OFF AUGUST 18, 2012 via The Japan Times National policy minister Motohisa Furukawa has said that reactors 5 and 6 at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant and the nearby No. 2 power station should never be restarted. Furukawa made the remarks Thursday while meeting evacuees from the village of Kawauchi during a visit to Fukushima Prefecture, Mayor Yuko Endo said. The gathering was held at a temporary housing complex in the city of Koriyama, where Kawauchi residents are currently living after being forced to evacuate because of the nuclear crisis. The village is located close to the stricken No. 1 power plant. Of the facility’s six reactors, Tokyo Electric Power Co. plans to decommission reactors 1 through 4. However, Tepco has not clarified its plans on the remaining two units or the four reactors at Fukushima No. 2, which has been idled since March 2011. source: fukushimaupdate.com |
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · Japan - Earthquake, Tsunami and Fukushima Disaster 2011 · Next Topic » |







8:34 PM Jul 11