Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
son sleeping nude
Topic Started: Feb 10 2013, 11:05 AM (2,888 Views)
dave

I have always slept nude since I was 10 years old and am 32 now so been doing it a while and never wear anything to bed!

My eldest son is 8 (We have four boys 8,6,4 and 13 months) and yesterday over breakfast my wife asked Jake where his pajamas were so she could do the washing. Jake said he didn't wear pajamas anymore. My wife asked "Why" and he said "I don't like them". So my wife asked what he was wearing and he said "nothing like dad". My wife seems to think he is too young to sleep nude but I don't see the problem.

Have any other dads had their sons say they are sleeping nude too cos of dad. what age did they start and how did you find out? Did you own dad sleep nude? Mine did and I think that was why i starts as I thought it was what guys did!

I wonder if the next stage is I will send up ith him freballing to be like me! or all four boys might in the future! My wife will faint ha ha!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark

I don't know about the toddlers, but the next stage will most probably be the six year old following suit.
Children very much want to be like their dad at that age, and social pressure among siblings should not be underestimated.

TubaDawg

Welcome Dave! Glad to see you posting here and TFF.

As far as your 8 yr. old, let nature take its course. He has the ability to recognize that his dad sleeps nude. Here's an opportunity for him to know that sleeping sans pajamas is natural and okay. Nothing more complicated, nothing more simple.

I'll let the other members comment. There are some great people with far more experience that can lend their thoughts to your questions.

Again, welcome!
Bob (in USA)

Nat
Member Avatar

Yes, I'm glad that Dave has joined us here at NSF. I know a lot of freeballers- probably the majority- are also nude sleepers. The subject comes up often at TFF and while I don't mind it being discussed there- I would like to see more members and activity here so I've been surprised and disappointed how few TFF posters have join NSF despite the fact that you and I have recommended NSF a number of times there. The only thing I can figure is that many people just don't like to have to register to post- even though the procedure is very quick and easy here.
~ Posted Image talk to me- click >HERE< Posted Image ~

Noel1835

I'm unmarried and childless so I'm not in much of a position to offer anything, but here goes:

Have you talked to your wife about why she thinks 8 is too young to sleep nude? What age does she think is right? (I'm neutral about the whole issue. Nobody slept nude in my family that I knew of.)

I think this is just one more bit of anecdotal evidence that women tend to be a bit more modest and gymnophobic than men---obviously there are exceptions---and I guess as your wife's husband and father of her children you just have to work it out with her or respect her feelings.

As far as "wanting" sleep how my dad slept, I neither did nor didn't. We boys slept in a T-shirt & briefs like he did, but it was never actually discussed. Not that it was nasty or anything, but it never rose to a level of discussion. Same with "freeballing" in your swimsuit. It was just something that was non-verbally, culturally transmitted, like wearing socks under your shoes, rather than over them.

Nat, I've sometimes wondered why this forum is so inactive when the old NSF seemed so active. Maybe the sign-in requirement has something to do with it, but it seems like a minor inconvenience, and as far as I remember, doesn't require any personal info or links to it.
Nations, regions, generations, cultures, families and individuals have all compartmentalized semi/nudity in ways that were acceptable and made sense to them, but shocked, offended or surprised other nations, regions, generations, cultures, families and individuals. In the final analysis, it may all be arbitrary.

Nat
Member Avatar

The only concern my wife had was the kids might kick the covers off on cold nights and get chilled. My son was especially prone to doing this however we don't have many cold nights in south Florida. The far more common complaint from the kids was that it was too hot in their bedrooms which were on the south side of the house and did get warm during the summer.

As for registration- as I recall the NW54 NSF did require registration for a time and when a discussion came up about the lack of activity I suggested that removing this requirement would help- so the owner did- and it definitely did help. I suppose people don't like giving a email address to a forum- that this will 'identify' them- or lead to spam. But it's easy to have a gmail or yahoo or hotmail addy just for forums while protecting your "important" email addy. I have 4 or 5 email addies for different purposes.
~ Posted Image talk to me- click >HERE< Posted Image ~

Sian
Member Avatar

Dave
If he's old enough at 8 years to assimilate and assess the evidence, i.e. that you yourself sleep nude, and from that to make the decision that sleeping nude is something that he personally would like to do, then he's old enough to actually do it. Provided that he has adequate bedding, he's also old enough to know what to do if he feels cold in the night. I started sleeping nude when I was 10, the result of a supposedly temporary parental dispensation from pyjamas one hot summer that never got rescinded when the nights got colder again. Once our own kids realised that my other half and I wore nothing in bed, around the age of three, they lost no time in following our example. I don't think any of us has suffered from the experience - the opposite in fact, as we have all enjoyed the comfort that nude sleeping offers for most of our lives. So, I would say, don't just LET him sleep nude, actually ENCOURAGE him, and his siblings. They will always thank for you for introducing them to freedom.

Sleepnakedat40

We have a sone who is 13 and he sleeps in the nude, has done since he was 10.

He slept like on holuday wih us as it was so hot, now no matter how cold or where or who is with he sleeps in the nude like his Dad's

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Nudity Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply