Welcome to OoT 2D. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
v.20 Trailer
Topic Started: Dec 19 2015, 12:47 AM (57,342 Views)
Sage
Member Avatar
A holy being.
Kept you waiting, huh?

I'm not saying v.20 will release on Christmas, but also I'm not saying it won't. ;)

And before I forget, a big thanks to Jfalcon for the trailer! He somehow managed to make a great trailer out of the terrible gameplay footage I gave him to work with. Check him out, he does random gameplay videos and other cool stuff. Posted Image

This version has taken a while because just about everything has been rewritten, save for a few things that won't be updated until v.30. The collision is new and improved, with collision glitches pretty much being a thing of the past. The frame rate has also been updated. Oh, and did I forget to mention the widescreen option? Yeah, if you didn't notice in the trailer, OoT 2D now has widescreen. :D

Updates regarding the collision and the widescreen have required many things to be redone, however. This is what has caused the project to get so far behind the release date that was previously planned (if there even was one). Since these things will not have to be redone again in the future, however, future releases can be completed and released in a much more timely manner!

Work on OoT 2D has not ceased yet, and the project quality is finally getting to the quality that was originally being shot for. Way too much has been invested now for it to just be canceled, so stick around for the cool stuff. Shame on anyone who thought otherwise. xD

News regarding team restructuring
Everyone has gotten quite busy with things like work, school, etc, so the people that we have officially part of the team have been cut down to just myself and Dervilacus for now. Community contributions are still welcome, but if we can get one more artist on the "official" team to assist with maps, that would be great! Please PM me with samples of your work if you are interested. Posted Image

Zeldathon
Finally, don't forget to check out Zeldathon.net this month on the 26th. They are a nonprofit organization that streams Zelda gameplay for charity, so if you are feeling generous, stop by their website! :D
Edited by Sage, Dec 19 2015, 01:06 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply