{{EXP Table}}
{{Pokemon Master List}}
{{Godai's TM Catalog}}
{{Godai IC Trivia (Special RP Dex)}}
{{Questionable Moves/Abilities/Items}}
{{Error/Problem Report}}
{{Town Map}}

Add Reply
[Interest Check] Trainers Assemble!; Rollout?
Topic Started: 2 Apr 2018, 07:51 PM (211 Views)
Posted Image Gaja
Member Avatar
reads 'Gaia'

There are many things that one can talk about when it comes to RPing, and one of those things are big arcs and stories. In particular stories where several PC's come together to form a bigger narrative. It's always a daunting and exciting undertaking as a lot of things have to go right in order for it all to work.

Oddly enough I've watched "The Avengers" on TV this weekend, "Justice League" today and thought of the team up in Deadpool 2 and started thinking back on some of the times I did/participated in big tag threads/arcs. The scale/size and length of these threads varied of course, but they were always fun and exciting. In particular I got to thinking about a possible Godai Arc where some of the active trainers could come together to do something new and exciting.

I'm well aware of that nature of Godai, and that such an arc would be difficult to plan and pull of as there are many moving parts here but that doesn't make it less fun to talk about.

Now back in like 2010/2011 I did a "Tournament arc" involving 8 PC's that were fighting in a rookie tournament, while older PC's attended the event and indulged in the various side activities or just met up IC. It was a success overall that required a fair bit of planning and posting rules but it is an option.

Another fairly easy premise to pursue would be something involving a Nexus/evil entity needing to be stopped or uncovered.

Other ideas include exploring Firebird villa, or some of the secret sections of Eveline Temple.

Of course there are a bunch of characters in Godai, and them coming together would be epic so why not post here if you like the idea and let's get the ball rolling.

Obviously I could see my character being part of this, shocker I know, but I could very well see many others as well. For instance, Persi's Martini would be an awesome addition to any story of this type as her character would be an excellent foil and balance to a lot of interactions.

Her character in general would work very well in this setting and I could see her background lending itself very well to provide some kind of plot as well, whether it be the main or secondary plot.

Anyway do post if you think this is interesting, possible ideas, you potentially wanting your char to be part of this [whatever this is].
Let's have fun! ::watermelon::
Edited by Gaja, 18 Apr 2018, 12:07 AM.
Posted Image
< Yuri Sharp >
< Current Location: Glostericce Town, South Godai >
< Total EXP Gained: 329 >

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image DrakeX
Member Avatar
"Do you think God ever gets stoned? I think so... look at the platypus."

This sounds like quite an interesting idea you've concocted. I am quite certain that both of my characters, Hendrickson and Leonard, would love to take a part in this. Well, less love in Hendrickson's case and more like intrigued.
Hendrickson Novelton

Posted Image
Credits go to Bones

Leonard Arden Collier

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other.

~With great power comes great mental instability~
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image Linden
Member Avatar
who toucha my spaget

I'd like to participate once Bailey gets approved! :)
Posted Image

On the Run

Posted Image Gaja
Member Avatar
reads 'Gaia'

Thanks for the voice of confidence guys. As I said in the chat I can see a few ways to weave these guys together.

Of course there's nothing official yet as this is an Interest check thread, but just with Leon, Hendry, Bailey and Yuri a potential narrative shows quite a bit of promise and potential.
Posted Image
< Yuri Sharp >

Posted Image Vartio
Member Avatar

A bit late but I'd be up for it, buuut... kinda stuck in a short-term loop of topics at the least going from Djenganti to Serenity back to Djenganti. So considering it will probably be a while until we can do this, I'm up for it!
Posted Image
Vartio Artel

Areijo Geizu

Posted Image Gaja
Member Avatar
reads 'Gaia'

Not late at all my good man. This is an open thread to gauge interest for a possible combined plot, where we'd band together to form a combined narrative that would otherwise not be possible. ;D

Glad to see that people are actually open to such an idea. ^^
Posted Image
< Yuri Sharp >

Posted Image Chaos_1x
No Avatar

I'm interested!~ Not sure how Josh can fit in, but if you need an archaeologist, you got one!
Josh Warden • Historian • Total EXP Gained: 87 • Dians: 9472 • Location: Skytouch

CHARACTER’s Pokemon

Posted Image Selenity
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind throwing Sele into this as well. Added motivation to get through my edits before posting this thread!
Posted Image Image is by Sakimichan of Deviantart
Selenity~*~Gamer Girl~*~Anime Buff~*~Pokemon Fan~*~Writer

Character: Selenity Joyce

"I want to live my life so that people can’t say that life defined me but instead that I defined my life."
Said by the Player of Selenity

Posted Image Gaja
Member Avatar
reads 'Gaia'

Oh wow, 7 characters to work with? Ain't I a happy camper.

Thanks guys for the interest and posting. Well at this point I should and will start brain storming something to tie the chars together. Maybe not everyone into one thread, at least not right away.

Although we do have google drive... Sooooo you never know. I'll eventually post something here when I figure stuff out.
Posted Image
< Yuri Sharp >

Posted Image Persimmon
Member Avatar

I probably won't be able to commit to the full narrative but I'm sure I could believably fit in Martini as the pseudo antagonist
Posted Image
Martini Ravensdale

Sana Ju-Hyun

Posted Image Kristachii5
Member Avatar

Andrew is a private detective if you need him?

I can see a lot of people are interested already and I'm a bit late here, but if you need a detective character, let me know.
Posted Image
The Detective

The Rising Star

Posted Image Gaja
Member Avatar
reads 'Gaia'

I just want to say thank you to everyone for their vote of confidence and showing interest in such a story. It's one of the most fun things that an RP site can try and do, so I'll try and see about coming up with something.

An issue I see right away is actually having everyone be in the same place at the same time. Soooo I'm thinking I could do individual threads in different locations. Like 3-4 threads happen at the same time where our trainers get involved in their own thing, and later on we do a combo thread...

But regardless, again, thank you everyone for voicing their interest. Means quite a bit to see the site come together like this.
Edited by Gaja, 12 May 2018, 11:42 PM.
Posted Image
< Yuri Sharp >

Posted Image Finny
Member Avatar

A bit late, but I'd be interested to join in this. I got three trainers so one must be in the area, maybe!
Posted Image
many thanks to bones for the awesome graphics <3

Finny Taru • FoxPokemon Trainer • Total EXP Gained: 9 • Dians: *dian* 2360 • Location: Skytouch forest

Fae

Yara McGrevor

Jeena Hale

Posted Image

Posted Image Vincent
Member Avatar

I do have a train ticket to anywhere, so once Vincent is all sorted in his current thread, then I could join in for something. I like the idea of a town tournament. Nothing official but in between battles, some of the characters waiting to battle or not participating could be looking at attractions, maybe something akin to a Japanese Summer Festival type thing.
Vincent Straum

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · RP Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

~Affiliates~
FTG Pokemon: Terrene Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Ironside image Bleach Platinum Hearts

Remember to vote for Pokemon Godai as your favorite Pokemon RP Site!!!

Vote for us every day by clicking the banner above!

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone
Pokémon ©1995-2016 Nintendo, Creatures, The Pokémon Company and GAMEFREAK.