---
Moderators – 5
---
Members – 871
---
Total Members - 880

-------------------------

Please give a special thanks to our TESTERS for helping us set up the forums, and find any issues we had to fix! Without them we wouldn’t have this open for you!
Thanks to our special helper on this large scale project, whom of which without their help, this wouldn't be possible!
And of course, THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

New announcements are constantly released! Make sure you always check the Announcements forum for new topics. You'll get your notices there, and updates of anything going on. In addition to that, we're always trying new things, which is why the forum always gets tweaked. If you have suggestions, be sure to submit them in the Suggestions forum!

Remember to check 'The Pizza Office' section of the forum (or contact an Admin or Mod) about the rules, or if you have any questions and/or suggestions!

If you wish to have your name changed, please request a Change of Username from your Profile.

If you need any help, be sure to contact ANYONE on the staff team, via PM! You can find the staff names on the left side scroller!!

We would like to extend a very big Congratulations to our 2 newest mods, Jack and Isaiah!

10/10/14
The GRAND "RE"-Opening of the forum is TODAY!! October 10th! This new and inviting atmosphere was recreated with a cool new look for all users, past/present/future to touch back with their old roots!! Hope you like it here, at the RETRO PIZZA ZONE!!

2/8/15
There's always new things happening on the forums, and y'all are helping it bloom faster than a flower in Spring! Don't forget to check out your favorite topics, and continue the conversations!

--/--/15
WE HAD A BLAST setting this up for you all! On the center scroller, you see us thanking everyone on the staff team, but we should be thanking you! THE FANS! You inspired us to touch back to our roots, with a LARGER "play area", with more to talk about, more to do, and more people to see! We surely hope you enjoy it here, and even share about this new era!

8/8/15
As we aim to make your experience more enjoyable, we're always trying out new things!! In the near future, there MIGHT be some new things coming to light, as we help to make this place what it should be! As well, I'm marking this day as the day some updates happened!! XD The Member scroller has been updated, and things are in the works!!

4/1/16
THIS IS MY FORUM, AND I'M TAKING OVER, WITH AS MUCH CHEESE AS I WANT!! I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY YOUR STAY, HERE ON MY FORUM!!! CHEESE!! CHEESE!! CHEESE!!

4/1/16
We got the forums back, and it's been a very eventful day!! We think Rick needs a bit of a break though, and during that time, be sure to check out the new theme!!

2/23/17
Ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to announce that we've updated a few things! Feel free to extend a congratulations to our new mods, and continue to have fun!

Welcome to Retro Pizza Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You must be at least 16 years old or older, unless approved by an Admin.

As well, refrain from using character names for roleplay, and try to refrain from using company names.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Dying State of Our Fandom
Topic Started: Sep 18 2017, 11:35 PM (3,227 Views)
Mr. Ruxpin
Member Avatar
professional-pizza-timer
I'm sure all of you are aware of the dying/worsening state of our fandom. Activity is slowly decreasing, yet drama is rapidly increasing. Nobody seems to care about this problem, because we're not calling attention to it. Rather, we're focusing on the immature members on the fandom, by lecturing on every person that doesn't have top notch grammar, people who still like Jaspeh, etc.
I mean, why aren't we calling attention to this? I'm no exception to what might be one of the big jerks in the fandom, but I still want to call attention to this MASSIVE problem. We aren't welcoming of new users, we don't care about our current users, and we don't care about past users. All we want to do is make a big stink out of imperfect people. We're all imperfect, but we all have one thing in common...we all want to have a good fandom, right? We absolutely destroyed the fandom users that we didn't like for literally no explanation! What happened to the fun goofballs, nice fandom members, cool guys, awesome artists? We drove them all away. I feel miserable even thinking about it. What happened to people like...Pixel? avengerchucke (still active?), Sidewalk Surfboard, HipsterChuckE (still active too?), Joeh2, dork-larue, Mama Grandbags, Vega-Three, there's lots of people to list. I'm sure some of those are inaccurate, but I'm still just generally mentioning it. What about the cool users? Poprock Balboa, cheez-loo-eez, Retro Trash, RogerRabbit1988 etc.? We drove them away too. We couldn't just accept them for who they were, or we made them uncomfortable. And now, instead of paying attention to the big problem, the impending doom of the animatronics, we're just trying to create drama by lecturing everybody. We need to unite as a fandom and stop being big jerks. Forgive and forget, guys! Let's do everything we can to make RPZ like it was in the golden age of 2014 to early 2016. We literally just crashed it and beat it to the ground...But we need to fix it! What happened to the bustling 200 user forum? We get like, 10 users online now due to the indecent stuff we've done...Let's unite and try and invite old fandom members, find new fandom members, etc. and just be friends instead of jerks!
C'mon guys, let's do it! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Studio Stage
Member Avatar

I completely agree, I definitely want the fandom to improve. The main reason I made my thread addressing this in a similar manner is because I wanted to inform those who were acting up, because I didn't want to get to the point where other users on the site were calling out their crap. What should've happened is those who were acting up learn from their mistakes, move on, and behave more, while the more mature users become a little more patient with the younger ones. Of course, that hasn't happened, as some users don't want to change their ways, thus stretching out unnecessary drama. As for older users leaving, that's the way life is. That always happens on any website, one generation of people come, another goes. Most left before this nonsense even broke out.

Homestar
Member Avatar

and stop swearing.
swearing is a big no no in this fourm

TRANSTAR LEXINGTON
Member Avatar
Patrick Curran
I completely agree here. I don't see why some people feel the need to start fights(or just be plain rude) over one's grammer, a bit of incorrect info or even just because they're jealous over this item. Though what I have noticed is that these people who are notorious drama starters tend to be very far and few in-between. If anything, I'd suggest just ignoring them (or even just blocking them) However, if somebody is doing something disturbing (such as stuff Aaron Awesome has done) in these forums or intentionally harassing people on other social media, then I'd suggest reporting said behavior (or again, just block the user)

CEC Indiana
Member Avatar

I completely agree.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrMouth

Just don't give annoying people attention... they're looking for a reaction, aren't they?

Instead of anticipating the end of the very thing that brought us together, let's celebrate what we have had and still have. There's so much in the fandom, in this world and in this life that we can't document on lists. I feel we've forgotten what it's like to actually experience things. There's too much negativity in this world, from all sides and it's tearing me apart. I hate to make this personal, but I beg us to put everything aside, just come together and help each other get better at being good people should we feel compelled to. Please. Maybe it's easier said than done, but let's try. :derby:

aLooneyfan
Member Avatar

I'm really worried by the lack of word from the Admins and the fact that a lot of members seem to have been frightened off. I mean we've seemed to have lost most of the veterans.

I really hope situations improve in general for the forum. I'm sorry for bringing a little doom and gloom. But in general I have a lot of fears for our once great fandom.

One thing that needs to stop is all the drama I've seen. Most of it is just pointless.

Looney Bird CEC
Member Avatar

At this point it's the lack of admins to take care of the issue. I remember when admins were online nearly every day. Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months... who knows what will happen from there. All I can say is the moderation is working their butt off to keep this forum up and running! It's the people that need to take that into consideration and post civilly. The only reason they're here is for the people that can't think before they type, talking, and improving the forums. So in reality they're trying to help us all out and I respect that. They're not even getting paid to do it! They're respecting us by giving our forums free moderation and we should actually start respecting them by thinking before we talk or even thanking them for what they do. Because if they weren't here, we'd probably all have a knife in eachother's throats and that really wouldn't be pleasant to most people. ;)

Mr. Ruxpin
Member Avatar
professional-pizza-timer
We can't blame it all on the admins. We're out of control and if there's no admins, we need to take control and stop this madness.

munchjrr
Member Avatar
Imagine all the people living life in peace.
Mr. Ruxpin
Sep 20 2017, 12:44 AM
We can't blame it all on the admins. We're out of control and if there's no admins, we need to take control and stop this madness.
Agreed, we aren't little babies having to be taken care of 24-7.

Homestar
Member Avatar

if we were all mod
and admins were here
rpz would be good not ok

DinnerThriller
Member Avatar

I'm reminded of this lyric from the Theme Song to "Perfect Strangers".

"The rain and thunder, The wind and haze, I'm bound for better days."
(if y'all understand what I'm getting at with this lyric)

Looney Bird CEC
Member Avatar

munchjrr
Sep 20 2017, 02:24 AM
Mr. Ruxpin
Sep 20 2017, 12:44 AM
Agreed, we aren't little babies having to be taken care of 24-7.
If that is the case then what exactly is this topic for?

Mr. Ruxpin
Member Avatar
professional-pizza-timer
The point is that we fix a problem ourselves and not depend on being a tattletale on the admins to fix problems all the time. We're causing the problem and we need to control ourselves!
Edited by Mr. Ruxpin, Sep 20 2017, 05:10 PM.

Major Magic
Member Avatar

I know i'm a newer member but i'm a long time view of RPZ like 2014 and i cant help but say the Mr. Ruxpin is all but right, the fandom is dying. Over the past six months the number of active users has drop by almost half, posts are being made less and less. This issue has been a long time coming.

Anyway, the best thing to do (in my opinion) to help save the fandom is 1, stop being jerks to newer members. (last time i checked there was no age restriction on a fandom, especially one that is based around children entertainment. 2, lets try to get new/old member back. 3,lets try and find out what people are interested in, in the fandom (for instance i'm big into the history/mechanics of PPT and SBP) and lets help them find things in the fandom the peak there interests. I like to hear others members opinions on this.
Edited by Major Magic, Sep 20 2017, 10:33 PM.

munchjrr
Member Avatar
Imagine all the people living life in peace.
Homestar
Sep 20 2017, 07:21 AM
if we were all mod
and admins were here
rpz would be good not ok
We can't have every single member be a moderator. Things would spiral even more out of control then they are right now.

Homestar
Member Avatar

ok
if we wouldn't be rude to people
and admins were here
rpz would be good not ok
Edited by Homestar, Sep 21 2017, 07:22 AM.

Till
Member Avatar
Rhodesian Rolfe
I'll take people being super rude dude's over people endlessly spamming the same crap nonstop any day of the week. Also as its been said a million time's already some people need to grow an extra set of ball's and or ovaries if they're going to be offended over the slightest slight.

CECArizona
Member Avatar
Proud owner of a Studio C Alpha
Major Magic
Sep 20 2017, 10:31 PM
I know i'm a newer member but i'm a long time view of RPZ like 2014 and i cant help but say the Mr. Ruxpin is all but right, the fandom is dying. Over the past six months the number of active users has drop by almost half, posts are being made less and less. This issue has been a long time coming.

Anyway, the best thing to do (in my opinion) to help save the fandom is 1, stop being jerks to newer members. (last time i checked there was no age restriction on a fandom, especially one that is based around children entertainment. 2, lets try to get new/old member back. 3,lets try and find out what people are interested in, in the fandom (for instance i'm big into the history/mechanics of PPT and SBP) and lets help them find things in the fandom the peak there interests. I like to hear others members opinions on this.
Just because RPZ is dying doesn't mean that the fandom is dying. It is still very much alive on Instagram and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Mr. Ruxpin
Member Avatar
professional-pizza-timer
Till
Sep 21 2017, 05:20 PM
I'll take people being super rude dude's over people endlessly spamming the same crap nonstop any day of the week. Also as its been said a million time's already some people need to grow an extra set of ball's and or ovaries if they're going to be offended over the slightest slight.
What I think you're missing is that I'm clarifying that the spammers need to stop too. I'm hoping we can depend on mods to solve the problem as well. I'm pretty sure they can ban people, so if they would start working to stop spammers that would solve the problem. I understand, it may sound like it's contradicting my last statement, but I mean mods, not admins.
Edited by Mr. Ruxpin, Sep 21 2017, 06:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

P
R
O
F
I
L
E