---
Moderators – 5
---
Members – 871
---
Total Members - 880

-------------------------

Please give a special thanks to our TESTERS for helping us set up the forums, and find any issues we had to fix! Without them we wouldn’t have this open for you!
Thanks to our special helper on this large scale project, whom of which without their help, this wouldn't be possible!
And of course, THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

New announcements are constantly released! Make sure you always check the Announcements forum for new topics. You'll get your notices there, and updates of anything going on. In addition to that, we're always trying new things, which is why the forum always gets tweaked. If you have suggestions, be sure to submit them in the Suggestions forum!

Remember to check 'The Pizza Office' section of the forum (or contact an Admin or Mod) about the rules, or if you have any questions and/or suggestions!

If you wish to have your name changed, please request a Change of Username from your Profile.

If you need any help, be sure to contact ANYONE on the staff team, via PM! You can find the staff names on the left side scroller!!

We would like to extend a very big Congratulations to our 2 newest mods, Jack and Isaiah!

10/10/14
The GRAND "RE"-Opening of the forum is TODAY!! October 10th! This new and inviting atmosphere was recreated with a cool new look for all users, past/present/future to touch back with their old roots!! Hope you like it here, at the RETRO PIZZA ZONE!!

2/8/15
There's always new things happening on the forums, and y'all are helping it bloom faster than a flower in Spring! Don't forget to check out your favorite topics, and continue the conversations!

--/--/15
WE HAD A BLAST setting this up for you all! On the center scroller, you see us thanking everyone on the staff team, but we should be thanking you! THE FANS! You inspired us to touch back to our roots, with a LARGER "play area", with more to talk about, more to do, and more people to see! We surely hope you enjoy it here, and even share about this new era!

8/8/15
As we aim to make your experience more enjoyable, we're always trying out new things!! In the near future, there MIGHT be some new things coming to light, as we help to make this place what it should be! As well, I'm marking this day as the day some updates happened!! XD The Member scroller has been updated, and things are in the works!!

4/1/16
THIS IS MY FORUM, AND I'M TAKING OVER, WITH AS MUCH CHEESE AS I WANT!! I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY YOUR STAY, HERE ON MY FORUM!!! CHEESE!! CHEESE!! CHEESE!!

4/1/16
We got the forums back, and it's been a very eventful day!! We think Rick needs a bit of a break though, and during that time, be sure to check out the new theme!!

2/23/17
Ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to announce that we've updated a few things! Feel free to extend a congratulations to our new mods, and continue to have fun!

Welcome to Retro Pizza Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You must be at least 16 years old or older, unless approved by an Admin.

As well, refrain from using character names for roleplay, and try to refrain from using company names.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Frozen in Time: Essex MD
Topic Started: Oct 28 2017, 12:21 PM (760 Views)
Studio Stage
Member Avatar

It was over a year and a half ago that I made my big trip to three CECs out of state, in one day. Two locations which have become quite famous over the past 2 or so years, the Laurel MD location, and the Silver Spring MD location. But there was another location I visited. A very odd, and peculiar one. It was part of a dead mall, believe it or not. In fact, aside from a part of the mall that's used to hold auctions every now and again nearby, this is the only store still opened in the dead mall. In fact, right next to this CEC is an abandoned Ames, with a super sketchy sign.

Posted Image

Yes, this is part of a building complex that currently houses a CEC. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for this CEC, this building would probably be demolished. It was a short visit, but looking back, this was one crazy location, and I'm not just talking about the crowd, because it was JAMMED!

Posted Image

First off, we have the only part of this location that keeps it remembered in some fans heads, it still has the Phase 2 Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Sign.

Posted Image

Here's a slight angle adjustment compared to the previous pic. Notice how awful the "H" is on this sign. I literally have no idea why the H is as awful as it is, while the rest of the sign remains clean looking. Also, I find it kind of funny how the sky seemed sunny when I was visiting the other two locations, yet when I got here the sky was quite gloomy.

Posted Image

Here's another view of the exterior, this time meant to capture the "Pizza" part of the exterior in it's entirety. Also, take a look at those old school [Insert term that currently slips my mind] above the doors. Wow, I think this is the only location I've ever seen in person with the old Red & Yellow paint scheme, rather than the Phase 4/5 paint scheme. Also, look at that antenna! That kind of tells you how up-to-date this complex is.

Posted Image

This is the only time I've ever seen this on an exterior in person, which was pretty cool to witness, seeing this Phase 2 exterior. Chuck is just really happy to see someone come into his place, judging from the rest of the abandoned property.

Posted Image

These 5 letters are what keeps this location in the minds of some fans. I really like the font they used for the "Pizza" portion of this sign. It's so different from the standard font used for the "Chuck E. Cheese's" portion of the sign, it reminds me of a regular ol' pizza place. I wonder if this place could keep this sign since the company renamed itself in CEC 2.0 :pasqually2:

Posted Image

Yikes, is that old! Red Derby Showroom sign!? Holy cow! Before visiting this location, I had no idea such a Showroom sign like this existed. It baffles me that this is even still hear. I guess it was too warm inside to wear the sweater, so Chuck had to dress up for his visitors.

Posted Image

Here's one of the rarer Phase 2 record posters out there. I've come across a lot locations with the Record Parody Posters, and this is the only one I've been to with this one. I know other locations have had it, in fact, I've seen photos of other locations with it, but this is the only one I've seen in person with it. Also, look at that second Pasqually.

Posted Image

Isn't that just the derpiest Pasqually you've ever seen?

Posted Image

Chuck isn't just in the Showroom, oh no, he's also in Gameroom! Surrounded by the most amount of Checkers I've seen in a CEC in modern times. Sheesh, with that Skytube sticking into the picture, you'd think this is a pic from the late 90's.

More coming soon, but in the meantime, check out this cool article about the property the CEC is on (Don't worry, it's got some info on the CEC, too.)

https://www.schuminweb.com/2015/10/21/a-shopping-center-full-of-what-once-was/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samid11
Member Avatar
Sami
Wow, this location is nuts! Being attached to a dead shopping strip *and* covered in relics of CEC's past? Sounds like heaven to me. Do they have a band at this location? Or was this one Studio C'd?

RPCEC
Member Avatar
It's always easy being part of RPCEC
samid11
Oct 28 2017, 04:28 PM
Wow, this location is nuts! Being attached to a dead shopping strip *and* covered in relics of CEC's past? Sounds like heaven to me. Do they have a band at this location? Or was this one Studio C'd?
It has a 2-Stage

CECArizona
Member Avatar
Proud owner of a Studio C Alpha
Nah this was Phase 1 exterior. They opened in 1990 but they replaced the chuck on the logo with the coach chuck later on.

Studio Stage
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Here's this location's Chuck. And jeez, has he been hitting a bar or something? He looks a little wasted (I apologize for the more adult humor, but c'mon, Chuck looks so drunk in this image).

Posted Image

Here's Helen with a slightly dirty arm. Also, look at that wide-eyed Munch. I've never seen Munch so lively during random mode!

Posted Image

Here's Munch who is apparently whistling up a tune. Munch, no offense, but I think you need to hit a gym or something. You look like you have a few chins. Next to him is a very annoyed looking Jasper, who seems to be aware of how awful the restaurant's location is. Also, the MMBB sign's pole is visible, that's something hard to see.

Posted Image

Man, look at this picture. If it weren't for Chuck's outfit, you'd think this is some pic from 1995 or so. The dimmer lighting, with the somewhat rough focus makes this look like a very old and retro pic,

Posted Image

Here's a side view angel of the stage. Sheesh, how many birthday decorations does it need?

Posted Image

Here's a view of Jasper and Pasqually. You can see inside both of their mechs (You can see Jasper's mech through his eye holes, and Pasqually's between his head and bandanna). Oop! Looks like I forgot you Munch. You snuck into the photo, yet you couldn't escape the exposure of your mech.

MORE COMING SOON!

samid11
Member Avatar
Sami
Man, I'd love to go here, honestly. The abandoned surroundings, outdated layout AND the fact that they still have a MMBB makes this top-tier aesthetic tbh.

CECArizona
Member Avatar
Proud owner of a Studio C Alpha
Chuck still has his original mask from 1990. I believe it's a 90's mask and not a PTT mask. They had a Rocker stage before the 2-Stage was installed. The 90's masks were released in 1990 for Chuck and Helen but the others were all released in 1991. They should have still had the PTT Helen though.
Edited by CECArizona, Oct 29 2017, 10:09 PM.

Studio Stage
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Here's a view of Pasqually, with Jasper sneaking in the pic.

Posted Image

Here's something really fascinating, this location still has the Helicopter light. This is the only one I've ever encountered in person, so it was really cool seeing it check out.

Posted Image

Here's a very old looking poster, with Derby Chuck. :derby:

Gotta love this satisfactory policy (If only they still had that now...), not to mention the Showbiz Pizza Time copyright under Chuck.

Posted Image

On the side of the wall next to the Balcony Seating lies some relics of the band, including a Rolling Bones poster.

Posted Image

Here's a view of the Wink and the Helicopter light from the Balcony Seating.

Posted Image

Ah, jeez Chuck, you alright? Your ears look as if they're bleeding...and your neck! I can see your insides! Maybe Chuck needs to get off the stage, and head to a hospital or something...

Posted Image

Here's Pasqually and Jasper bored out of their mind while singing In the Future.

Posted Image

And finally, to end this thread full of odd pictures from an odd location, we have one of the rarest pieces of CEC artwork. The perception of this pic is incredible, the 3D element of it is astounding. When I first gazed my eyes on this, I was super confused wondering what exactly was going on. Guess Pasqually used too much force playing Skee-ball. I've never seen this Skee-ball Wizard artwork at any other CEC out there. For all I know, this could be exclusive to this location!

CEC Fan
Mostly dead account
That skee ball was at many stores in the 90s

Studio Stage
Member Avatar

CEC Fan
Nov 1 2017, 04:14 PM
I can imagine, but do you think there's any left out there nowadays aside from this location?

PaulKTF
Member Avatar

The word you were looking for is "awning". :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CEC Fan
Mostly dead account
Studio Stage
Nov 1 2017, 05:35 PM
CEC Fan
I can imagine, but do you think there's any left out there nowadays aside from this location?
Not that I know of

PaulKTF
Member Avatar

I've never seen that Skei-Ball poster before. Very cool! It could be a one-of-a-kind.

CEC Indiana
Member Avatar

Nice to see a store with old relics!

Homestar
Member Avatar

its a good store.

Homestar
Member Avatar

Studio Stage
Oct 29 2017, 03:00 PM

Man, look at this picture. If it weren't for Chuck's outfit, you'd think this is some pic from 1995 or so. The dimmer lighting, with the somewhat rough focus makes this look like a very old and retro pic,
and the birthday decorations and rockstar chuck e

RPCEC
Member Avatar
It's always easy being part of RPCEC
CECArizona
Oct 29 2017, 10:07 PM
Chuck still has his original mask from 1990. I believe it's a 90's mask and not a PTT mask. They had a Rocker stage before the 2-Stage was installed. The 90's masks were released in 1990 for Chuck and Helen but the others were all released in 1991. They should have still had the PTT Helen though.
I guess that means the Baltimore store that had a Road Stage was Cantonsville (Baltimore National Pike).

Cheezbat
Member Avatar

Studio Stage
Nov 1 2017, 05:35 PM
CEC Fan
Brandon Florida had that up until a few years ago when they remodeled. Always loved that sign.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Picture Albums · Next Topic »
Add Reply

P
R
O
F
I
L
E