---
Moderators – 5
---
Members – 871
---
Total Members - 880

-------------------------

Please give a special thanks to our TESTERS for helping us set up the forums, and find any issues we had to fix! Without them we wouldn’t have this open for you!
Thanks to our special helper on this large scale project, whom of which without their help, this wouldn't be possible!
And of course, THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

New announcements are constantly released! Make sure you always check the Announcements forum for new topics. You'll get your notices there, and updates of anything going on. In addition to that, we're always trying new things, which is why the forum always gets tweaked. If you have suggestions, be sure to submit them in the Suggestions forum!

Remember to check 'The Pizza Office' section of the forum (or contact an Admin or Mod) about the rules, or if you have any questions and/or suggestions!

If you wish to have your name changed, please request a Change of Username from your Profile.

If you need any help, be sure to contact ANYONE on the staff team, via PM! You can find the staff names on the left side scroller!!

We would like to extend a very big Congratulations to our 2 newest mods, Jack and Isaiah!

10/10/14
The GRAND "RE"-Opening of the forum is TODAY!! October 10th! This new and inviting atmosphere was recreated with a cool new look for all users, past/present/future to touch back with their old roots!! Hope you like it here, at the RETRO PIZZA ZONE!!

2/8/15
There's always new things happening on the forums, and y'all are helping it bloom faster than a flower in Spring! Don't forget to check out your favorite topics, and continue the conversations!

--/--/15
WE HAD A BLAST setting this up for you all! On the center scroller, you see us thanking everyone on the staff team, but we should be thanking you! THE FANS! You inspired us to touch back to our roots, with a LARGER "play area", with more to talk about, more to do, and more people to see! We surely hope you enjoy it here, and even share about this new era!

8/8/15
As we aim to make your experience more enjoyable, we're always trying out new things!! In the near future, there MIGHT be some new things coming to light, as we help to make this place what it should be! As well, I'm marking this day as the day some updates happened!! XD The Member scroller has been updated, and things are in the works!!

4/1/16
THIS IS MY FORUM, AND I'M TAKING OVER, WITH AS MUCH CHEESE AS I WANT!! I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY YOUR STAY, HERE ON MY FORUM!!! CHEESE!! CHEESE!! CHEESE!!

4/1/16
We got the forums back, and it's been a very eventful day!! We think Rick needs a bit of a break though, and during that time, be sure to check out the new theme!!

2/23/17
Ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to announce that we've updated a few things! Feel free to extend a congratulations to our new mods, and continue to have fun!

Welcome to Retro Pizza Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You must be at least 16 years old or older, unless approved by an Admin.

As well, refrain from using character names for roleplay, and try to refrain from using company names.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where the Magic Happens- Downingtown 2015
Topic Started: Jan 9 2018, 06:30 PM (516 Views)
Studio Stage
Member Avatar

Before Downingtown's stage fell to mediocrity in 2017, Downingtown was still at the top of their game in December 2015. I had the pleasure of checking out an amazing Phase 3 location on a cold, December night. To this day it still remains one of my favorite visits I've done, and I have a feeling it'll stick with me for many years (Especially my friendly interaction with their awesome manager. Not sure if he's still there, but it was clear he loved his job, and had a slight interesting in the history, recognizing the "Phase" terms, as well as even Showbiz). In fact, this location could be summed up by the first picture I took of this store.

Posted Image

I personally don't consider the "Portrait Tux Chuck Phase 2 Poster" as great as most people make it. It's a fine poster, but it's nowhere near the best artwork to come out of the early 90's, but this picture definitely makes it seem like one of the best. Man, what a great picture!

Posted Image

The Gameroom honestly felt huge, particularly due to the lack of Skytubes taking up space. This is, from what I recall, the only main piece of artwork in the Gameroom, hung up on the wall (It might've been above, or at least nearby the Skee-ball machine. I don't exactly remember...)

Posted Image

The first of the Phase 3 "Many, Many, Many Magazine Parody Posters" you'll find at this location, hung up on the wall next to the Prize Counter.

Posted Image

Man, I remember when Chuck was known as the Space Rat. Right before his brief tenure as the Disco Chuck.

Posted Image

Chuck took the world by storm back in his soccer days. Sorry, Soccer JR. days. He left his professional soccer interest to pursue show business.

Congratulations, I accidentally uploaded a video when uploading these pics online. So enjoy this view of Downingtown's super rare Studio C Dining sign.

Posted Image

When I first saw this sign, I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only was I shocked to see a Studio C Dining sign in the first place, but the fact that I came across such an obscure variation of the Studio Dining sign, that I've only ever known thanks to a picture or two on SP.com

Posted Image

And of course, we have a great view of the Showroom right outside of it.

Stay tuned for more pictures of this great location!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PaulKTF
Member Avatar

Wow! I have never seen that "Studio C Dining" sign anywhere before. I didn't know it existed. Very interesting! Nice pictures as always.

CEC Indiana
Member Avatar

These are some nice pics!

Studio Stage
Member Avatar

Thanks Paul, and CEC Indiana! :cecface:

Now it's time for some more pictures!

Posted Image

In the Showroom, along the walls of course, we get a view of some Phase 3 Must C TV posters, advertising the very BEST of CECTV.

Of course we have the hilarious spin-off of Seinfeld, that Chuck signed to do a season of back in '98, known as Chuckfeld, right after Seinfeld aired it's final episode. Also, is it just me, or does it look like George Costanza is sitting on the bottom right corner of the poster?

Posted Image

Of course, with so many hits such as Party Place and Chuck E's Place, Munch's Make Believe Band just had to get their own Music Television Station. CTV is the place, featuring your favorite CEC Music Videos playing 24/7!

Posted Image

There it is baby, in all it's glory, the Interactive Console!

Posted Image

As I said in my Silver Spring thread, the "Pop Culture Items Shelves" (As I like to call them) were present during the Phase 3 era. At this location, there are two shelves, each on opposing sides of the stage. This one in particular is movie themed, as we can see Chuck in his little director's outfit, a certain other mouse's famous pair of ears (Never thought you'd see THOSE in a CEC, huh? :pasqually: ), a Price is Right framed photo, a Spiderman action figure, a Popeye mug, man I thought this was CEC, not a Goodwill!

Posted Image

Here's a view of the Studio C sign, in an attempt to block out that eyesore known as the Ticket Blaster. You also get a view of the Gemini this location features.

Posted Image

Here it is, the Interactive Console! It houses everything, from security camera views, to audio bites, to a CGI render of Chuck on a disco floor.

Posted Image

Of course, flashes don't go well with monitors, but here's a hard-to-see view of the Master Control main webpage.

Posted Image

Here's a better view. On this variation of the Interactive Console, you can Tune In (Which didn't even work by this point), paint a little in the gallery, check out the safety zone while hearing some safety tips from Chuck, and dance with Chuck on the dance floor!

Posted Image

Another view of the Interactive Console. I also guess Chuck didn't feel like coming to work today, and just left his free ticket sign next to the machine.

Posted Image

Oh this is a great picture. Reminds me of that one Dept. 18 picture with their Studio C Alpha back in it's early years.

Posted Image

And yep, back in 2015 the curtains were still in use!

Posted Image

Here's our second shelf, a music-themed one. Man, you got a real keyboard, a guitar, a miniature jukebox, CEC must've been doing really well in profits back then.

Posted Image

Oh man, I love this pic, it's so beautiful! :wub:

Posted Image

Hung up along the backside of one of the Showroom walls is an article dating back to the time Chuck was on Broadway, and starred in a successful musical. Man, those were the glory days!

Posted Image

A whole lineup of some of CECTV's then-hottest shows!

Posted Image

Reporting live from the White House during the Lewinsky scandal, it's Mr. Munch of CEC World News, with your anchor Chuck E. Cheese.

Posted Image

He may not have a degree in medicine, but he certainly has a degree in the arts, it's Dr. Cheese, of ERrr!

Posted Image

Strange, paranormal activity interrupting your Summertime picnic? Get detective CEC of "The C Files" to look in on your case.

Posted Image

A better view of the ticket sign, man that mouse needs to clean up after himself!

Posted Image

Here we are, a better picture without my obnoxious finger in the way!

CEC Indiana
Member Avatar

Nice photos!

Studio Stage
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Another view of the glorious Interactive Console!

Posted Image

A closer view of the security monitors.

Posted Image

Whenever the gang needs something to be taped during a broadcast from Studio C, you can always count on your trusty interactive console to help you out!

Posted Image

There we go, a better (And more extreme) view of the Studio C sign! You could never tell the Ticket Blaster was right in front of it!

Posted Image

A closer view of the Studio C sign, with the Gemini also in view.

Posted Image

A look at the Director Chuck statue on the Movie Pop Culture themed shelf. Man, Chuck needs to brush his teeth!

Posted Image

Another pic of the Studio C Dining sign.

Posted Image

Here's a poster you can never escape no matter what Phase 3 location you go to, the Phase 2 Postcard Poster of Italy, usually hung up near the kitchen.

Posted Image

Here we are, one of my favorite Postcard Posters, the Phase 2 Hollywood Postcard Poster! Here's that view I was unable to fully get when visiting Silver Spring a few months later.

Posted Image

Right when you enter the kitchen, you get to pass by the time Chuck was featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated!

Posted Image

Another pic of the sign.

Posted Image

A different angle of the Music themed Pop Culture shelf.

Posted Image

The console also has access to this! Whatever "this" is...

Posted Image

Catch your favorite music videos, only on CTV!

Posted Image

This is what happens when you try to "Tune In" on the Master Control.

Posted Image

Of course we can't forget the classic, Chuck Trek.

Posted Image

Now here's one of my favorite pieces of Phase 3 artwork, an image of the hit Game Show, Name That Cheese!

Posted Image

More of whatever this is...

Posted Image

Who needs things to be digital when you have the Master Tapes right here?

Posted Image

A night at the opera. Yikes, the gang looks cramped!
Posted Image

Of course, some more Chuckfeld, you can't get enough Chuckfeld.

Posted Image

Here's some 1999 Portrait Posters. It's interesting, I never see the Jasper or Pasqually ones. I always see a Chuck or Munch, maybe sometimes a Helen, but it's rare for me to find a Jasper or Pasqually 1999 Portrait Poster. Yikes, isn't it also weird how Jasper's design was the closest to what it is now in this poster?

Posted Image

A better view of the posters, with a hideous Rockstar balloon sneaking it's way in.

Posted Image

Man, this statue of Chuck as a musician is very talented when it comes to playing the harmonica.

Posted Image

Why did I take so many pictures of this?

Posted Image

A finally, finishing the lineup of photos with the most appropriate decoration that sums up this location, a film strip decoration on the other side of the wall that features the Studio C Dining sign.

Say what you want about classic Phase 2 showrooms with 1/2/3 Stages (Like York), but classic Phase 3 locations with Studio C Alpha is even more magical than those in my personal opinion.

Thanks for joining me through this throwback to 2015 (Fun Fact: Aside from the removal of the curtains, and console, Downingtown still looks like this, so if you're a CEC fan, who is ever in the area, I highly recommend checking out this location, just for the aesthetic, particularly at night. The bot may be in poor shape nowadays, but the location is too beautiful to pass).
Edited by Studio Stage, Jan 14 2018, 01:10 PM.

PaulKTF
Member Avatar

All that stuff on the shelves does kind of make it look like a thrift store, doesn't it? heh..

CEC Indiana
Member Avatar

Nice finale!

PaperBryan
Member Avatar

I want that CASIO that's in the pictures.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Picture Albums · Next Topic »
Add Reply

P
R
O
F
I
L
E