Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Figure Collections & Discussions
Topic Started: Jan 31 2014, 11:13 PM (21,019 Views)
Thunder
Continuing from this thread on isisARM… http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=462&p=396465&hilit=figure#p396465

We finally got an update to the new Purple Heart figure from Wing, and she's looking pretty sweet~ B-)
Posted Image
Member Avatar
Aurica's Oracle & Arcadia's Vanguard
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
chillarmylove
She's beautiful *__* But comes with a sweet price tag too, ugghhhhh x___x Figurines seem to get more and more expensive by the year!
Member Avatar

ArcadiaLegend
chillarmy love
Feb 1 2014, 06:33 AM
She's beautiful *__* But comes with a sweet price tag too, ugghhhhh x___x Figurines seem to get more and more expensive by the year!
I agree, she's pretty freakin' amazing looking :O But yeah, the price tags on these figures can set you back a ways for sure :^^;:
My collection is not all the big since mine started not that long ago honestly. That and I don't intend on making mine huge anyways. Just picking up nice ones of characters that I love really.

My collection consists of: Luca from AT2, Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss, Gallantmon from Digimon, Milla from Tales of Xillia, and a few Pokemon ones that were limited edition items with games.

I'd really like a Fayt Leingod figure from Star Ocean 3 :-3 And I wish some Skies of Arcadia figures existed out there.
Edited by ArcadiaLegend, Feb 1 2014, 04:20 PM.
Member Avatar
Thunder's Reyvateil and Guardian of Luca
Arcadia herePosted ImagePosted Imageto serve my Luca-sama!
Posted Image
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Aria la Ciel
All the figures produced by Good Smile Company are always lovely >v<! I was personally interested in their Cerberus figure - the gradient colouring ahhh...

On that topic though, most of my figure collection consists of GSC products ^^ Most are Nendoroids, I have about 13 of them: Taiga (Toradora), Louise (Zero no Tsukaima), Madoka and Homura (Puella Magi, mahou outfits), Saber Super Moveable Edition and Saber Lily (Fate/stay night), Annelotte (Quen's Blade), Alice (Momoiro Taisen), Aichi Sendou (Cardfight, I have his mini petit ver. too!), Millhiore (Dog Days), Menma (AnoHana), Tohka (Date A Live) and Shinku (Rozen Maiden)! They're all so adorable...*3*

I have so many though I'll have to slow down ;A; But I'm still holding out for a Sakura (CardCaptor Sakura) nendo and one for Rikka from Chuunibyou if they ever get the license! I also have some figma (Inori from Guilty Crown is a beautiful figure, I definitely recommend!), and a few others~ I have to be careful my room doesn't get flooded with figures @~@
Member Avatar
Song Maiden from another World
@AtelierAria | pixiv ID:15227605 | white-angel-ariah.deviantart.com | atelier-aria.tumblr.com
Posted Image
Posted Image
chillarmylove
Quote:

I have to be careful my room doesn't get flooded with figures @~@

Too late for me!! lol :^^;:
Member Avatar

Thunder
ArcadiaLegend
Feb 1 2014, 04:19 PM
chillarmy love
Feb 1 2014, 06:33 AM
I agree, she's pretty freakin' amazing looking :O But yeah, the price tags on these figures can set you back a ways for sure :^^;:

Indeed, this one will set ya back nearly 18,000 yen :^^;: I honestly can't see why the price of it is so high, considering what the average figure goes for. Maybe 12k or 13k yen is more in line with what I thought she'd cost.

Aria la Ciel
Feb 2 2014, 01:05 AM
(Inori from Guilty Crown is a beautiful figure, I definitely recommend

I don't have it, but I definitely agree. That is one awesome figure B-)

chillarmy love
Feb 2 2014, 02:27 AM
Quote:

I have to be careful my room doesn't get flooded with figures @~@

Too late for me!! lol :^^;:

Me, too :lol:

Actually if anyone is interested, there's a site called My Figure Collection (MFC), where you can keep track of what figures you've got, what you want to get, new releases, and stuff like that.

http://myfigurecollection.net/
Member Avatar
Nash
I'm a fan of GSC's Nendo line, but I quickly ran out of space and that 2011 quake, so I've more or less given up on trying to catch 'em all (or something like that, since I remember hitting the 100-figure target). :>_>:

But, yeah, I wish they had more male characters from franchises that I cared for. And I'm glad to finally be free from their all-too-often event-only Japan-only limited exclusive nonsense.

I'm still thinking about letting go of most of them some time, but I suppose not many still want the old figure, especially when they insist to continue having annual re-releases of the same figures, like Hatsune Miku. :evil:
Edited by Nash, Feb 4 2014, 01:16 AM.
Member Avatar

Posted Image
ArcadiaLegend
Nash
Feb 4 2014, 01:16 AM
But, yeah, I wish they had more male characters from franchises that I cared for. And I'm glad to finally be free from their all-too-often event-only Japan-only limited exclusive nonsense.
I definitely agree. I mean, I guess female figs are more popular because more males collect them? Or something? :^^;:
I don't now. I guess it's easier to create fan service with female figurines too. There's more attention to detail that can be made with certain parts of the body.

Anyways, at least I discovered that a Vyse from Skies of Arcadia figurine is being made :yay: After perusing the My Figure Collection site. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that one.
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thunder
ArcadiaLegend
Feb 4 2014, 01:40 AM
Nash
Feb 4 2014, 01:16 AM
I definitely agree. I mean, I guess female figs are more popular because more males collect them? Or something? :^^;:

Actually, from what I've seen, nendo's are very popular with girls. I guess the cuteness factor just works better with the ladies costume designs.

ArcadiaLegend
Feb 4 2014, 01:40 AM
There's more attention to detail that can be made with certain parts of the body.

There's that, too. The costume designs for the guys seem to be far less intricately & imaginatively designed than the costumes for the female characters. Also, you can't exactly put as wide an array of things in a guy's hair and have it look good, for example.

As for Hatsune Miku, some characters just have way too many figures compared to the many characters who have none at all.
Edited by Thunder, Feb 4 2014, 02:18 AM.
Member Avatar
ArcadiaLegend
Thunder
Feb 4 2014, 02:17 AM
Actually, from what I've seen, nendo's are very popular with girls. I guess the cuteness factor just works better with the ladies costume designs.

There's that, too. The costume designs for the guys seem to be far less intricately & imaginatively designed than the costumes for the female characters. Also, you can't exactly put as wide an array of things in a guy's hair and have it look good, for example.
Well, yeah, cute works well with girls :lol: And I still like female figs too. I'm just partial to guys for obvious reasons ^o)
But yeah, you can certainly do way more with their hair, costume, etc. Though I can think of ways to spruce up the guys too. But in the end it comes down to popularity as well.
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Nash
Does Lego count? Somehow I have ended up with all 6 of the Avengers featured in the movie. :lol:

I find them less fragile/sticky-prone than Nendoroid, too.
Member Avatar

Posted Image
ArcadiaLegend
Nash
Feb 27 2014, 10:50 AM
Does Lego count? Somehow I have ended up with all 6 of the Avengers featured in the movie. :lol:

I guess? :lol: Sounds to me like they technically would be. Or at the very least they would still be a collectible.
Edited by ArcadiaLegend, Feb 28 2014, 02:02 AM.
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Nash
Hence, the Collectible line... but they're kinda made in Japan and come in blind box packaging, which I find seriously infuriating. I shall never understand the joy of the blind packaging system. :lulz:
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Thunder
Nash
Feb 27 2014, 10:50 AM

I've never understood the infamous "sticky problem" with the Nendo's :^^;: This might be on account of my not having any, but I still don't get it either way.

Nash
Feb 28 2014, 08:25 AM
I shall never understand the joy of the blind packaging system. :lulz:

You and me both :>_<:
Member Avatar
ArcadiaLegend
Thunder
Mar 3 2014, 12:55 AM
Nash

Can someone explain what you mean by blind packaging? :^^;:
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thunder
ArcadiaLegend
Mar 4 2014, 01:48 AM
Thunder
Mar 3 2014, 12:55 AM
Nash

Can someone explain what you mean by blind packaging? :^^;:

The easiest way to explain it is that there is a set of something. Figures, baseball cards, etc. Those items are sold in packages where you can not see which one(s) are in the package, so it's a total craps shoot which one you're buying. If you want the full set, you then need to keep buying the things without knowing which one is in there, until you get them all... and end up with a ton of duplicates as well.

Another example is those gumball machines with the plastic spheres in them (that had toys, stickers, etc) that stores used to have back in the day (maybe they still do in some places, I don't notice these things anymore), where you pop in a quarter, spin the knob & get one of the spheres with an item in it. If you want all of 'em in the set, you have to keep buying them until you get them all. Again, with a ton of duplicates.

It's a terrible way to collect things for the buyer, but a boon for the manufacturer.
Edited by Thunder, Mar 4 2014, 02:31 AM.
Member Avatar
Nash
Yeah, the best to catch 'em all, is to purchase a complete set from a middle-person. :)

Unless you enjoy the excitement of gambling...
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Thunder
Nash
Mar 4 2014, 03:01 AM
Yeah, the best to catch 'em all, is to purchase a complete set from a middle-person. :)

That's what I used to do B-)
Edited by Thunder, Mar 4 2014, 03:23 AM.
Member Avatar
DavidSh
I always thought you were supposed to trade them. That works better in Japan than in other countries.
Member Avatar

Nash
Japan being the keyword there. :lulz:
Member Avatar

Posted Image
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Wings of Horus · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone