Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
  • Pages:
[Tutorial] Ar tonelico II on PS3
Topic Started: Jan 9 2015, 11:21 AM (2,471 Views)
VenTK
No problem. Glad to know it's working for you! :)
Member Avatar

Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Sat
I'm still here - I was originally one one who managed to make it run.
You can also just let MultiMan convert your ISO, by the way.

Concerning Cobra and Rebug - because cobra uses a different emulation system which does not accept CONFIG files, you will get the black screen issue with it. You can disable Cobra mode and use PS2classics placeholder to play, though.
Edited by Sat, Jan 30 2015, 03:01 PM.

VenTK
I was messing around with Mana Khemia 2 last night. Using different config files, I was able to get it running on my PS3 with no noticeable problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yv66boGTEs

Again, I used the method I detailed in the first post, as Multiman's conversion tool still results in a black screen for me. To be more precise, it seems the Multiman method doesn't utilize the config files at all. Though this method is much more time consuming, I'm able to run the game straight from the XMB with custom image/music, instead of having to run PS2 Placeholder and the likes.

Why is it that only Gust games aren't compatible with the PlayStation 3? Is this a conspiracy!?
Member Avatar

Soukyuu
Most of them use the same codebase apparently - so if one doesn't work, the others won't, either.
Member Avatar
蒼穹
Kart
VenTK, thank you very much! You helped me a lot with this guide. Now i can play this great game on my ps3 and with retranslation too (im very gratefull to all, who are working on it and helping this project).

VenTK
You're very welcome! Glad you got it working ^_^
Member Avatar

shadowski
The youtube link for configuring the RetroXMB is down, anyone has a mirror?

meganekko
There is a way to play with PS2classic and PS2classic manager if you don't like to use Retro_XMB.

1. Do everything Ventk posted except Retro_XMB installing part.
2. KEEP a copy of CONFIG on your USB or PS2 HDD (you will need it later)
3. Transfer CONFIG file from link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57ej66tzs8intzh/78TBqoK8- to internal HDD folder of PS2classic (supposed to be Game/PS2U10000/USRDIR (Note that there are two files with the names ISO.BIN.ENC in the folder if you look at the correct folder.)
4. just run the game from PS2classic normally
WARNING: whenever you change the ps2 game with PS2manager, it will remove CONFIG file from USRDIR. You need to add CONFIG again everytime it happens. This is why I told you to keep a copy of CONFIG in 2.

It worked for me after figuring out for many hours and also worked for Mana Khemia2 (US) as well.
Hope it works for you guys and enjoy this great retranslation.
Thank you very much to retranslation team
Edited by meganekko, Jan 17 2017, 08:31 AM.

VenTK
shadowski
Nov 1 2016, 07:25 PM
The youtube link for configuring the RetroXMB is down, anyone has a mirror?
Oh, wow. I never saw this comment until now.

Here's another link to RetroXMB: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tdpy3ibdcsm4it8/RetroXMB-Beta-3--Leaked-Release.7z

As for meganeko's workaround, I can't verify whether it works or not, so feel free to try it out and post your results here.

Edit: Just realized that you were talking about the video and not the link to the file. The video isn't important. I only linked it here because that was the only way to credit the guy. Just follow my instructions and you'll be fine.
Edited by VenTK, Jan 17 2017, 11:22 PM.
Member Avatar

arubar0
A couple of days ago, there was released an exploit that let you install CFW on latest OFW...
I CFW'd my ps3 today just for AT1 and AT2... I hope I can play both of them at the end

EDIT:
Guys, I've some news.
As I said before, there is a CFW called Ferrox Cobra CFW working on 4.82 with some awesome features like aplying config files directly to .iso files, so you don't need to convert the iso to pkg or using ReactPSN.

Here is what you need:
- mmMc (Multiman) compatible with this version.
- An hex editor (I used HxD)
- The AT iso you want to play

And there are the steps:

1.- Go to this website and search for "ar tonelico". There you'll have two entries, one for each game. Copy the pairs of numbers from the one you want to play.
For example, Melody of Elemia should be
Code:

3D 00 00 00 98 41 00 00 1B 00 00 00 15 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

2.- Open HxD on your PC and go to file -> new
Richt click at the very left section and select Paste Insert like this
Posted Image
Then, if your iso is called "at1.iso", you need to save this file as "at1.iso.CONFIG"

3.- Copy both files in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/ in your PS3.

4.- In mmCm, go to "retro" tab and you should be able to see the game. Run it and your ps3 should restart by itself into your XMB menu. Just go to games and run the "PS2 Disc" or something like that (sorry, my ps3 is not in english so I don't know the exact name).

Edited by arubar0, Nov 27 2017, 03:11 PM.
Member Avatar

VenTK
Fantastic work, mate!

I'll definitely look into this new exploit when I get the time. Thanks!
Member Avatar

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ar tonelico 2 Retranslation Project · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone