Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night; Castlevania's Successor
Topic Started: May 9 2015, 05:09 PM (9,887 Views)
Thunder
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/05/castlevania-creator-koji-igarashis-new-project/

Tons of obvious hints that this mystery project could be Castlevania's successor. Assuming that Konami really is on death's door.
Member Avatar
Aurica's Oracle & Arcadia's Vanguard
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Utsuho Lazy
I doubt Konami is dying any time soon, they still have quite a few pay to win mobile games to milk cash from.

I voted for the sword. If the successor ended up anything similar to Order of Ecclesia, it'd be a day one for me.
Member Avatar

Thunder
True, it's just an unsubstantiated rumor that's been flying around the past two weeks. In terms of CV, the main series has been dormant for a while now, so I really wouldn't be surprised if they've 'hung it up' so to speak.
Member Avatar
Utsuho Lazy
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night
Member Avatar

Thunder
Best game advert ever…. I must have this game if he finishes it. He's right, it has been way too damn long. I really hope he makes his goal any beyond.

Is the funding/prizes open to anyone in the world or just Japan?
Edited by Thunder, May 11 2015, 06:52 PM.
Member Avatar
Utsuho Lazy
Thunder
May 11 2015, 06:05 PM
Is the funding/prizes open to anyone in the world or just Japan?
Both the funding and prizes are available worldwide.

Looks like the project will meet its goal in just another few hours, which is an incredible feat - we're talking about 500 thousand dollars being gathered in less than a day.
Member Avatar

Thunder
Utsuho Lazy
May 11 2015, 07:14 PM
Both the funding and prizes are available worldwide.

Looks like the project will meet its goal in just another few hours, which is an incredible feat - we're talking about 500 thousand dollars being gathered in less than a day.

Sweet~ B-)

Yeah, true that. They'll hit that by 5pm my time I bet, which is just over an hour and a half. Konami doesn't know how dumb they were in thinking the CV games style was getting passe.
Member Avatar
Thunder
$837,000+ on day one o_O I bet IGA wasn't expecting that reaction O_O

Now it's over 950k, and IGA said this…

"
Koji Igarashi

Hey there folks!
Thank you so much for all of your incredible support! We're pretty overwhelmed (and incredibly sleep deprived) right now, but we'll respond to your questions and direct messages as soon as we're able to. We’re working as fast as we can to prepare more stretch goals, achievements, and unlocks—needless to say, this was a little unexpected!
Steven Campos
Fangamer"
Edited by Thunder, May 12 2015, 02:17 AM.
Member Avatar
Utsuho Lazy
Over $1.1 million now, and we still have a full month to go. This is quickly shaping up to be a huge success.

Personally I don't like Kickstarter and its goals/rewards systems, but I'll certainly get the game.

March 2017 is still a very long way to go though.
Member Avatar

Omegasword
I am definitely interested in this. Will see how it goes, maybe it'll be the first time for me to support anything on Kickstarter.

VenTK
Are they seriously going to use $1.3m to make this game? Surely they don't need that much for something of this calibre. What are they going to do with the rest of the cash, I wonder...
Member Avatar

Thunder
VenTK

Are they seriously going to use $1.3m to make this game? Surely they don't need that much for something of this calibre. What are they going to do with the rest of the cash, I wonder…

Manufacturing costs money. Tons of money. Plus, they could use it towards future entries, should this turn into a series. It's good to see that IGA was proven right in a huge way.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
The most important questions of the FAQ for this project on Kickstarter:
Quote:

IS IGA A VAMPIRE?
We've tried figuring it out, but since we began this project he's been extremely guarded around mirrors.

WHAT IS A BACKER?
A wonderful pile of sweetness!

Utsuho Lazy
Dragon's Crown with a production cost of 100 million yen (about $1 million) has been called crazy and insane by Japanese gamers, so yeah, Bloodstained's budget does seem pretty expansive, and it's still showing no sign of stopping.

For reference: Mighty No. 9, the "spiritual successor" to Megaman/Rockman series, gathered almost $4 million fund. But now that the game is near release, people are actually complaining that the game looks bland and uninteresting.

Considering that people are pretty much paying for the game in advance, their expectation would be much more strict compared to normally published games. Hopefully Bloodstained would deliver the very quality that people expect.

That, or Iga really is a vampire and he needs money for fresh blood to help him hit on good ideas.
Member Avatar

Thunder
Cracked $2mill today~ B-) This game has a ton of extra features funded now.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2clrGu-ecec
The 2nd ASK IGA video.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_Key_of_Solomon
That's where IGA gets his inspiriation for the enemy design this time.

Thunder
Looks like the funding reached the level needed to get us IGA's biggest castle yet B-) No idea what the last one is for 3 mil, though since it's cut off at the bottom.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
It did? The funding says $2.735.889 on my end. There are around 15k missing for the biggest castle.

Thunder
My bad, the numbers were updating at the time I was looking and a '5' was the last digit I saw in the ten thousands place before I changed tabs excitedly :^^;:
Member Avatar
Omegasword
Now we have the biggest castle. There's a Wii U port coming at 3 million and something else at 3.250 m.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming (General) · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone