Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
Happy 10th Anniversary, Ar tonelico!
Topic Started: Jan 27 2016, 12:58 AM (1,114 Views)
aquagon
I think everyone who's got a Twitter has already seen this in full, but anyway...

Happy 10th Anniversary to our beloved series!

It's been already a decade since the game that first introduced us to this universe, Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia (or The Girl Who Continues Singing at the End of the World) was released in Japan, and so far we've also gotten two sequels, two games initiating a new series within its same universe, multiple drama CDs, books and music albums expanding on its stories and lore, and even the novels that aside of serving as an addendum to the main stories, two of them conclude the entire trilogy's story (and the OVA, which some of us would rather forget about).

So here I only have to say... Thanks to everyone who has worked on these games. From Tsuchiya and Kawachi, to Shikata, Shimotsuki, Mitose, Ishibashi, Inagaki (RIP), Hiyama and so many other talented people, thanks for these unforgettable years and feelings the series has brought us. Even if the Ar Portal has now gone offline permanently and the series has been completely superseded by Surge Concerto, we will never forget about it, and we'll always keep it in our hearts and memories.

Likewise, may we, the ARM members always continue keeping its legacy alive!

[hymmnos]Was yea ra chs hymmnos mea.[/hymmnos]
Member Avatar
Hymmnos Researcher
[hymmnos]Was ki ga rete omnis zash en crudea...[/hymmnos]
[arciela]onaarr tyys ceefbb.[/arciela]
Ochis meya, baprou, zaebaralia sos...
chia zosph pheile simalea...

Posted Image

WEL OLRY SIO, LE FEL HORY NEO FEL ORY, ARY SE WEL.
LEE WEL NEL FORY, ARIA SIE ESTIA WEL SE FEL ESTY.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Nash
10 years of awesome music.... <3
Member Avatar

Posted Image
ArcadiaLegend
Happy 10th Anniversary, Ar tonelico :-3 You have given me so much and really inspired me during some stressful times in my life. I do owe several things to this series and one very important one. So, thank you to everyone who worked on the games no matter in what capacity. You brought great joy into my life and still do anytime I replay these games. I look forward to any future plans. I'm so glad to have a community like this that is still devoted to the series. Let's keep going~
Member Avatar
Thunder's Reyvateil and Guardian of Luca
Arcadia herePosted ImagePosted Imageto serve my Luca-sama!
Posted Image
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thunder
Ah, I didn't know this was coming up so fast :^^;: I knew it was this year, but not this early. Anyway, Happy 10th Anniversary, Ar tonelico~ :D

I can't believe the series is ten years old already. Where the heck did all that time go? Maybe there'll be a 20th? There should at least be one more year, depending on when the rumored next game comes out.

Thank you to the team who continues to keep the series alive and kicking. I owe a lot to it.

Actually, this gets me to thinking… it's about damn time I stop putting off pulling together my last fic.
Member Avatar
Aurica's Oracle & Arcadia's Vanguard
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Maxiusagi
time sure flies fast, thank you for being a part of my life!
Happy 10th Anniversary! (sorry i know i'm late lol)

btw i found this fanart that celebrating 10th anniversary of ar tonelico
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54912318 (SFW)
Member Avatar

nani ga niko hottoki doki, konna.. koto.. hajimete da yo

Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Thunder
That's actually a really nice pic ^_^

Also, Lyner telling Funbun horror stories XD

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=45262995
Member Avatar
Mirron
Happy Anniversary to the series I love so much. I'm glad it's continued on, was worried it would end with the third one. Crossing my fingers for more in the series, though so long as fans keep up with making more music I'll be alright I suppose.

Twilight Sky
Wow 10 years already?
Member Avatar
The Last Pureblooded ß-type
Was quel ra rre ganna sphilar na handeres art na apea
Ma num ga wearequewie netvear den na netvear art erlla melenas has
ArcadiaLegend
Maxiusagi
Feb 1 2016, 12:15 PM
btw i found this fanart that celebrating 10th anniversary of ar tonelico
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=54912318 (SFW)
This is a really nice fanart :-3 I honestly almost missed Ayatane standing in the background there. Very nice~
Member Avatar
Thunder's Reyvateil and Guardian of Luca
Arcadia herePosted ImagePosted Imageto serve my Luca-sama!
Posted Image
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed!
Posted ImagePosted Image
wizzardx
It's been ten years already? This series, and the fanship, still have a special place in my heart :-)

I first saw AT some time after it hit the EU region, and that release date was on May 2007, 2017. So here's to another special 10th anniversary for the series :-)

It's also a bit fun to think of the characters and their settings, 10 years later on, in game world time (relative to the times we see in the games). So, like most of the characters would be in their mid 20s now?

I guess everyone has been living happily on Ar Ciel for a while now? I wonder what they'd be up to these days?

Anyhow, don't want to go too off-topic :-)
Member Avatar

AkabaneKun
This series are like the old FF, timeless, I'm proof of that, i played AT1 and 2 for the first time this year and i can say without a doubt that the AT series are top 3 on my book, especially AT1, i loved 2 but find Lyner much more interesting than Croix, and AT1 has my fav waifu of all time.

Twilight Sky
It's one of two game series where I own the entire series. If that makes sense.

Long live Ar Tonelico
Was touwaka ra rre Ar Tonelico manafeeze ewle manaf
Member Avatar
The Last Pureblooded ß-type
Was quel ra rre ganna sphilar na handeres art na apea
Ma num ga wearequewie netvear den na netvear art erlla melenas has
Kanethedragon
I noticed this a bit late (shame on me for being a diehard fan) but Happy Anniversary EXA_PICO!!! Now if only we knew what Tsuchiya and his team has been up to in recent years since Ar Nosurge. I'm really dying for a new EXA_PICO title.
Member Avatar
King of Crimson
Posted Image
[hymmnos]Was yea erra melenas yor MIR[/hymmnos]

Thunder
I'm pretty sure he was working on Blue Reflection after KT put him on that project, right?
Member Avatar
aquagon
Nope, Tsuchiya is currently directing the mobile game/anime mash-up called Augmented Reality Girls Trinary. Mel Kishida is the one working on Blue Reflection.
Member Avatar
Hymmnos Researcher

Posted Image

Posted Image
Kanethedragon
So that's what they've been up to. Gotta give those a try (Blue Reflection though is looking like a great Madoka Magic game). I really hope the team gets put back together after those projects and we get another EXA_PICO title. I need more song magic in my life.
Member Avatar
King of Crimson
Posted Image
[hymmnos]Was yea erra melenas yor MIR[/hymmnos]

Nash
Oh wow. I didn't realize that it would take me this long to realize the possible connection between the terms Reyvateil and Lævateinn, thanks to a fan-mistranslation in another fanbase. Given all the other Norse references, this should have been hella obvious years ago. :P
Member Avatar

Posted Image
aquagon
Nash
Nov 17 2017, 04:35 AM
Oh wow. I didn't realize that it would take me this long to realize the possible connection between the terms Reyvateil and Lævateinn, thanks to a fan-mistranslation in another fanbase. Given all the other Norse references, this should have been hella obvious years ago. :P
Actually, I also floated up the theory that Reyvateil was derived from Lævateinn a couple of years ago from seeing how similar the katakana was between them both and what Achiwa had said about initially wanting to make a lot of references to Norse mythology.
Member Avatar
Hymmnos Researcher

Posted Image

Posted Image
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · EXA_PICO · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone