Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Atelier Lydie & Suelle
Topic Started: Dec 20 2016, 12:44 PM (10,932 Views)
e-Knight
Haven't seen a topic for this yet, so... any guess on what it will be?

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/gust-teases-atelier-series-20th-anniversary-project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cipx8cINf6U
Edited by Utsuho Lazy, Aug 10 2017, 11:05 AM.
Member Avatar

Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Utsuho Lazy
Realistically speaking, I think it'll be the usual yearly A19, third game in the Mysterious series, with the "20th Anniversary" stamp on it. Of course there'll probably be lots of goods and the likes too.

Between Musou Stars and Atelier Quest Board (does anyone even play it anymore?) it's kinda hard to see GUST making another Atelier crossover game.
Member Avatar

VenTK
Atelier Nazo: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Mystery

Calling it right now.
Member Avatar

Thunder
My thinking is pretty much along the lines of what Lazy said. Though, I sure wouldn't object to seeing old faces come back for some crazy adventure.
Member Avatar
Aurica's Oracle & Arcadia's Vanguard
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Nash
Atelier Musou. :D
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Utsuho Lazy
Nash
Dec 21 2016, 01:12 AM
Atelier Musou. :D
They already explicitly said that Musou Stars is Atelier Musou. So unless Musou Stars sells extremely badly compared to the Atelier series (not likely to happen), we won't be getting any actual Atelier Musou at all.
Member Avatar

Nash
Nuuu... a crossover is not a fair representation of an all-Atelier-only Musou title... :(
Member Avatar

Posted Image
chillarmylove
A concert has been announced!

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/atelier-20th-anniversary-special-concert-announced
Member Avatar

Utsuho Lazy
I'd love to go check it out, but there's a 99.6% chance the concert will be held in the Republic of South Kanto, and there's no way I'm spending over 20k yen just for the round trip there.
Member Avatar

Utsuho Lazy
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/atelier20th/

Nothing interesting so far (unless you're one of those rare Atelier Quest Board players).

There's a monthly calendar wallpaper series though, Atelier Marie for May.
Member Avatar

Seksalis
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/atelier-20th-anniversary-presentation-set-june-7-new-title-announcement-teased
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Utsuho Lazy
No more panties fraud this time please GUST.
Member Avatar

Atelier
If only they could release the 20th anniversary game worldwide this year... dreams.
Member Avatar

Utsuho Lazy
Koei Tecmo has recently trademarked "Atelier Online" and "Alchemist of Bresail" (transliteration subject to change as usual because GUST).

The latter is most likely the next main series title, but I'm not sure if I want an Atelier Online.

Guess more details will come out during tomorrow's livestream.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there is also the chance both trademarks could be part of a single title instead of two.
Member Avatar

Thunder
Atelier
Jun 2 2017, 08:12 AM
If only they could release the 20th anniversary game worldwide this year... dreams.

Lofty aspirations :^^;:

Utsuho Lazy
Jun 6 2017, 08:13 AM
Koei Tecmo has recently trademarked "Atelier Online" and "Alchemist of Bresail" (transliteration subject to change as usual because GUST).

The latter is most likely the next main series title, but I'm not sure if I want an Atelier Online.

Guess more details will come out during tomorrow's livestream.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there is also the chance both trademarks could be part of a single title instead of two.

I would think there's a high chance that both are related, considering they've never put out two main series Atelier games in the same year... or are they really going to start making side games (like the DS ones) again? The only way an online Atelier game would appeal to me is if they make it open world and somehow connect all of the worlds of the previous Atelier games into one game... now that would be cool. Being able to meet the old characters would also help. Atelier dream team B-)
Member Avatar
Seksalis
http://www.dualshockers.com/new-mainline-atelier-game-atelier-online-announced-gust/

And here we go with the end of the Trilogy: Atelier Riddy and Sour: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting.
Strange names.

And the end..."Atelier Online: Alchemists of Bresier, coming for iOS and Android."
I'll probably skip that.
Yep.
Edited by Seksalis, Jun 7 2017, 05:25 AM.
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Utsuho Lazy
My fear came true. Yet another smartphone game.

This one looks a lot more proper and refined than Atelier Quest Board, but still... I'll pass too. Sorry GUST.

At least they didn't forget to tease the new main series title.

From the silhouettes, it seems that the dual protagonists this time are both lolies, possibly even younger than Firis. I'm excited.

(Some people also suspect either of the two could be a trap, lol).
Member Avatar

Atelier
Disappointing stream event. I was hoping they will announce some kind of remaster of compilation for Switch. How sweet will be to get the Arland or Twilight trilogy on Switch?.
Member Avatar

Thunder
Sad to say that I also find myself feeling rather underwhelmed by Gust's big news. I am however intrigued as to what they're going to do with this "mysterious painting" idea... though, not getting my hopes up too high, considering the title of Firis was squandered imo. They could have done so much more with that one, it should have been called something else. "Mysteries of the Heart" or something like that. Since it was basically about soul searching.

For the Switch idea, to be totally honest, I've always thought that the series (the core games anyway) would fit in a lot better with Nintendo's typical fare, than they do with Sony's. It'd be a good time to put that to the test with all the Switch hype.
Member Avatar
Utsuho Lazy
A19 confirmed PS4/Vita/Switch.

Release this Winter. Knowing GUST's delay habit, this probably means sometime next year.

The double protagonists are twin sisters exploring the world inside mysterious paintings.

Apparently the higher their Atelier rank, the more paintings they can enter. This will probably allow for more varied map designs not limited by the series' world settings.

Combat system is based on duo combinations. Can synthesize items in the middle of battle.

3D models will look better than anything we've ever seen from GUST KT's in-house modeling team.

First press bonus are Marie & Elie costumes DLC.

EDIT: Producers are Kikuchi (Yorukuni) and Hosoi (BR). Okamura seems to be uninvolved in this title. Rumors say that he's quit GUST, which would make this another big loss for the team considering Okamura has pretty much been the brain of Atelier series since the PS2 days.
Member Avatar

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GUST Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone