Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Palsa's Workshop; This is where I will post my artworks, sprites, texture, 3D models, writings and game projects.
Topic Started: Jun 20 2013, 03:41 AM (6,477 Views)
Palsa
For now I'm just going to post the link to my DeviantArt page: http://metalraptor.deviantart.com/
I'll update this thread later.
Edited by Palsa, Sep 11 2013, 09:04 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Palsa
I've had a new story concept on my mind lately, here is a quick overview on it.

First, let me describe the settings.
It takes place in the world of Valtera, which is the same world that several of my other stories take place in.
At the time, I'm calling this: 'The Sapphire Brooch', but that may change in the future.
To give a rough understanding as to when events occur between series, here is a quick time line:
Glass Labyrinth>150-350 years between>The Sapphire Brooch>10-25 years between>Haunting Heart>5-10 years between>Gunndulla Renaissance>20-60 years between>5 Persona>Around the same time>Til the End of Summer (temporary name).

Okay, now on to the description of The Sapphire Brooch.
The setting is across between Paris, London and the old west, varying based on the locations; it's also set in an 1870s environment, at the point the highest form of technology available to the public is the locomotive, but this is Not a 'steampunk' series, as other higher forms of technology are in use and in development.

The story starts out with the death of a man named Chandler.
Though not much is mentioned up front about him, Chandler was a ruthless businessman, a railroad tycoon and a loan shark.
Chandler is shot dead and left to die in the street; the story then shifts it's focus to Irene Avril Chandler, the 23 year old niece and sole heir to Chandler's fortune.
Some info about Irene:
Eye color reference: #3f156d
Hair color and style reference: http://postimg.org/image/5v151tn7t/ (<<< Mostly the front | Only the back >>>) http://postimg.org/image/n1zh80g5l/
Outfit reference: http://postimg.org/image/wxvytwwjt/
Irene was raised by her uncle, and was brought up into his way of thinking; she believes that there is nothing more important then the acquisition of personal wealth, and that anyone that lacks the means is nothing more than the trash of society, and the only meaning for their existence is to be used as pawns of the elite.
The story continues with Irene in her private train car, reading the letter summoning her to the town where her uncle was killed.
At this point, Eris Shaw, a 17 year old indentured servant and Irene's handmaid, enters the room.
I'll mention more about Eris as the story advances, but for now I'll just say that she is a victim of Chandler's pursuits for power, and is an unhappy person; in spite of that, she carries out her work loyally.
The train has arrived at the station in town, and the two depart for the legal office, where matters of the funeral will be brought up and Irene will receive her inheritance.
On the way, an old woman in a ragged cloak tries to speak with Irene, but is slighted as she passes by; the old crone gives a smirk and snickers to herself.
To the shock of the judge, Irene proves to be as ruthless as her uncle, deciding that a funeral is unnecessary; after all, money was her uncles' 'god', so why should one pay more than they have to on a funeral, when a small wooden box should be more than sufficient?
Her uncles' attorney, an equally crocked and ruthless individual, tries to make a good impression on her; after all, with Irene inheriting all that wealth, he would make a killing if he married into the fortune.
Eris gives the man a look of disgust, and apparently doesn't trust him for her own personal reasons.
But his efforts are useless, as Irene is fully awhile of the type of person he is, and what he's after; furthermore, she would never marry a man if profit were not somehow involved.
Curious of the identity of the man responsible for the death of her uncle, Irene asks for the murderer's name; the judge that is present tells her that it was an unemployed man by the name of: "Shaw"; this in turn caused a slight quiver to run down Eris' spine, though it went unnoticed to Irene.
Irene states that such behavior is to be expected of trash; Eris then turns to look at Irene, with a glare of pure hatred in her eyes.
With all of the legal proceedings aside, Irene is now the owner of the railway, as well as half of the town's businesses, some including: the bank, a mill that her uncle shut down the year before, and a new fancy hotel; she decides to stay at the hotel, and get accustomed to her new establishment.
As Irene arrives, a woman dressed in black passes her by, and says that: "those that live for themselves meet an untimely end", and then the woman turns towards her and says that she should: "tread carefully".
Irene is taken aback; who was that woman? who does she think she is? what right does she have to address her in such a tone and manner?
This upset her quite a bit, but she gets over it quickly, and observes a group of people that are sitting down at a table, while playing a game of poker.
Irene has always been one to enjoy a good gamble, though only when the stakes are in her favor; unlike her uncle, she would never take things from another person illegally, but gambling is an excellent way to put others in your debt, if you play your cards right.
The game appeared to be more of a friendly exchange of time, neither of the participants seemed to have any concern over the money that was lost, as the stakes were low, and when one would run out, another would share their spoils; eventually one would leave the game, and the others attending would return the moneys that they won from them, before wishing them a good evening; Irene thought that this was rather foolish of them, as they had nothing to gain from this, and so she decided to attend a game.
Irene set forth to work her charms on these foolhardy locals, and before long had taken complete control of the game.
One man in particular attracted her attention, and they were soon deep into a conversation; he turned out to be an attorney, and at the time was representing the unemployed workers from the mill that her uncle had shut down the year before.
Apparently he was waiting for her to arrive in town, and assumed that she would be more understanding and have different policies than that of her uncle; when Irene found out this, she decided to try and buy him out, after all, her uncle's attorney couldn't be trusted, and she felt that this was a man she could easily manipulate, seeing as he was already working for nothing.
But her assumptions were wrong; instead the man was greatly insulted by her proposition, and stated that he was not only disappointed in her, but swore that he would never allow a viper like her to ensnare the rest of the town; the man then payed her the money's that she won from him, and withdrew from the game, the rest of the players followed suit.
Angered by the event, Irene decided to withdraw to her room for the time being.
An hour had past, and a sudden revelation became apparent to Irene, she hadn't seen Eris since she left the courtroom that afternoon; and as she recalled, Eris wasn't with her when she arrived at the hotel.
This concerned her a bit, as Eris was acting rather strange all through the meeting.
Irene suddenly thought, "could Eris have run away?" No, she must have gone back to the train by mistake; and so Irene decided to look for her, she'll be sure to give her a good scolding when she finds her.
As Irene passed through lobby and stepped out on the front porch, she noticed that the hotel was completely empty, and to her great disappointment, found that the weather had taken a turn for the worst, and that a thunderstorm was well underway.
She sighed as she backed toward the wall, but was stopped by the sound of an old woman's voice.

It's rather late right now, so I'll finish going through the rest of the scenario later.
Edited by Palsa, Jun 24 2013, 05:47 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Palsa
Okay, I've been working on the opening chapter for one my story concepts; how does it sound so far?

"The Sapphire Brooch"

Prologue

"Chandler!!"
A man in tattered clothing cried out as he raised his revolver; two shots were fired, and Chandler fell dead in the street.

3 days later. . .

Chapter I

It was a warm summer morning, and all was calm, save the clamor of an old steam locomotive, as she clattered her way down the glistening steel rails.
On the front of her smoke-box, she proudly bore the number 13, in bright red contrast to the rest of her engine.
Old number 13, the Iron Phoenix of the Chandler Shipping & Railway CO.
Rumors have spread far and wide that she bears misfortune to those that ride upon her.
But such foolish beliefs were of little interest to the young: Miss Irene Avril Chandler, who was gleefully (re)reading the letter of summons she received, following the death of her late uncle.

I'll continue to post more from this as I write it; thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated, as the encouragement keeps me out of block. :)
Edited by Palsa, Jul 3 2013, 04:46 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Palsa
I feel like no one looks at my posts anymore, so I haven't bothered to post much as of late. :^^;:

Anyway, I have been progressing with my projects, at least as for as level design is concerned.
At the moment I'm working on the above concept, which I'm calling Charis for the time been, along with Haunting Heart and Celestial Guardian; I've put Atelier Elirica on hold, as it is more of a free time thing, and my own series' take priority over it.
I might make more of my concepts as RPG Maker games, since I also purchased the Samurai, Modern Day, Future and DS packs along with Ace.
On a related note, I've been making a lot of graphics for RPG Maker games lately, you can find some here.
Edited by Palsa, Aug 13 2013, 04:14 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Palsa
Some updates from Haunting Heart. . . YES!! I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN IT!!! :lol:
I've been working on making it into an actual game using the RPG Maker VX Ace engine.
It's a long way to go before I'm anywhere near finished with it, but expect to see updates on a more regular basis in the future.
Anyway, here are a few work in progress shots of some character portraits.:

Medea (Older attempt, I colored it though, so you can get a rough idea of how it will look, note that this excludes the final highlight.):
Posted Image

Medea (Redesign, WIP):
Posted Image

Alimpia (WIP):
Posted ImagePosted Image

Please note that at this point I have only worked on the outfits, I'm planning to do the expressions last so that I can put more time into them; they will also be cropped in the final version, I have Alimpia's portrait marked in that area to give you a rough idea of how it will look.

ANY COMMENTS ARE BOTH VERY HELPFUL AND HIGHLY APPRECIATED!! :)
Edited by Palsa, Sep 4 2013, 05:57 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Palsa
Here's a quick update on Alimpia's portrait:
Posted Image
Edited by Palsa, Sep 5 2013, 05:35 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ilutiern
Ah, the detail looks very cute so far =w=
Member Avatar
~(*´3`)~
Posted Image
Palsa
Thanks Ilu. ^_^

Here is another update, I've started on the hair and set a guideline for the face:

Posted Image
Edited by Palsa, Sep 6 2013, 04:09 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Palsa
Another update on Alimpia's portrait:

Posted Image

She's gradually taking shape. :cute:
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thunder
Definitely cute so far~ It's interesting watching the progression, and seeing how some of the guesses I made as to how Alimpia's look would change turned out to be... off :lol:
Member Avatar
Aurica's Oracle & Arcadia's Vanguard
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
ilutiern
Oh, Alimpia's hairstyle is beautiful =w= The details look really pretty huhu ( ´ ▽ ` )
Member Avatar
~(*´3`)~
Posted Image
Palsa
Thanks Thunder and Ilu. :D
I'm glad that you like the hairstyle so far, I'm looking at adding some flower blossoms to the hair ribbons, possibly orchids.
Her hair is going to be a light brown, and her hair ribbons are going to be pink; which color of orchid do you think would look best?:
White, pink, purple, yellow?
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thunder
You're welcome, Palsa~ ^_^

I'm thinking white or purple for the flower. White for a more innocent look, or purple for a more accomplished look.
Member Avatar
Palsa
K, I'll probably go with white then, thanks for the input. ^_^
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ilutiern
I agree with white =w=b
Member Avatar
~(*´3`)~
Posted Image
Palsa
I guess that finalizes it then. :D

Update:

Posted Image

I was hoping to start on the blossoms and finishing as much of the hair as I could, but that lace thingy around the neck took FOREVER!! :$
Edited by Palsa, Sep 9 2013, 05:04 AM.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Palsa
Another Update!! :cute:
Posted Image
This time I exported it at double the original size, the in game version will be 75% of the original size, and cropped.
I drew the orchids and went ahead with coloring them, I'm hoping to continue with the hair later on tonight, otherwise tomorrow. :)
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ilutiern
Oh, the orchids look really pretty! I like how they look painted =w=
Member Avatar
~(*´3`)~
Posted Image
Thunder
ilutiern
Sep 10 2013, 01:35 AM
Oh, the orchids look really pretty! I like how they look painted =w=

Agreed! They look spectacular!

The choker/collar looks awesome, too.

The whole thing is really coming together nicely.
Member Avatar
Palsa
Thank you both! ^_^
I'm probably going to post a larger version of it on DeviantART when it's finished.

This is only a minor update, I just added some touch ups and few adjustments:
Posted Image
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Silver Horn · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone