Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
  • Pages:
Hyperdimension Neptunia thread
Topic Started: Jun 21 2013, 11:01 AM (5,909 Views)
Thunder
Restarting the Neptune thread here with the CPU popularity poll~

http://www.nisamerica.com/poll/neptunia_char/index.php

Looks like Noire has opened up a pretty big lead since the last time I checked.

1st: Noire
2nd: Plutia
3rd: Neptune
4th: Purple Heart
5th: Vert

~7250 votes and counting.

I'm fairly surprised to see so many votes for this poll to be honest. Especially since there can't be repeat votes.
Member Avatar
Aurica's Oracle & Arcadia's Vanguard
Aurica Nestmile's #1 fan!
The Thunder of Arcadia Army Creed
PURGE COUNT: 273
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Thunder
There's an event in PS Dimension in Lastation that's been highlighted since chapter 4 or 5 (I'm in chapter 8 now), but when I raid the dungeon, I find no event. Also, After using the warp by the giant Dogoo, I run into a dead end with a teleporter up on a ledge that goes off to another area, but there's no way to get up to it. How do I get to it?

Edit: There's a similar teleporter on an unreachable platform in Vita Dimension. In the top left corner.
Edited by Thunder, Jun 25 2013, 09:30 PM.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
You need the Jumping Star item for the one in Vita Dimension. This can be obtained through item development. You need one AG System(Main Character Ricky, found in Lastation - Wanderer's Cave with flag up and monster shift), one Magic Stone(R4i-SDHC, found in Lastation - Kuzarat Facility 1) and one Phantom Bird Wing(Roc, found in Hello Continent - Suaho Mountain Range).

As for the other teleporter you mentioned... I'm going to that dungeon and then edit this post.

edit: You also need Jumping Star. I have a guess where that event is. I know what this event is about, though.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Omegasword, Jun 25 2013, 10:02 PM.

Thunder
Hm... alright. All I need is the AG System, which has proven quite difficult to find anything that drops it. Then again, I've still got a stack of like 20 quests that I haven't finished, because I can't find the item/monster. Even after bagging like ten of them yesterday. Anyhow, I've got scouts in Wanderer's Cave as of my last save yesterday.

For the contents of the event...

Thanks for the tip ^_^
Member Avatar
Omegasword
I had the problem of not finding enemies/items for quests, as well. There is a good guide covering all the quests. Click
I never looked at the even tree...

Thunder
I was using that guide early on, but when the side/sub-bosses were owning me with no effort at all (That, and some of them wouldn't spawn at all.), I stopped following it and did my own thing. Some of the bosses simply are not beatable in the chapter they're listed under. Such as the Gargoyle. There's no way that thing can be handled in chapter 4. I'm taking 11k+ damage in chapter 8 from it. Plus it's HP level is easily 700k. Maybe it's time to make some of those discs :P
Member Avatar
Omegasword
Which one refused to spawn? I was able to find the enemies with that guide just fine.
Maybe it was because of the broken/standing flag? There is an explanation about what is needed for the enemies at the top of this guide. It's more of an explanation of the used colors.

Those discs are highly recommended. They make this game so much more doable.

Thunder
I can't get the "Enemies have changed location" flag to trigger the sub-boss spawning for the Ice Whale fight or the Replicant fight. I finally got several others to trigger after sending several scouts to the same dungeon (10-15 of them) 10-20 times on auto-scout.

I've been saving the discs and chips for as late as possible, so I can make the best ones possible. For the past chapter and a half, hardly anything puts up much of a fight. Especially now that Peashy is around. That Gargoyle is a beast though. I'll probably go for it again after finishing off the other 10 or so quests in line ahead of it.
Edited by Thunder, Jun 28 2013, 10:10 PM.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
You know that scouts return faster when you go into the same dungeon they are? Just enter it, leave and check the scouts. It is important to check on them. You can make as many dungeons as you want, they won't make any progress if you don't check on them.

And yeah, that gargoyle is strong.

What's so good about Peashy? She has only single hit special attacks if I'm not mistaken. Unless her equipment(or Nepgear was it, I think) breaks her damage limit, she isn't that good. Besides, her special attacks are single target. I never regarded her as that useful.

Thunder
Yep, I send them out on auto, then go into a dungeon, then right back out checking on their reports each time. I work on 2-3 dungeons at a time like this, but those two have always come back negative while several others came back with good results.

I'll smoke him soon enough. I had it down to 1/3HP when I lost to it, it's just a matter of breaking its guard before it breaks me.

For Peashy. When I got her, her attack stat was 400 points higher than anyone else's, despite being level 62. My other characters were at an average of level 84. This makes her much stronger than anyone else in the physical dept by a wide margin. I do agree that her lack of area attacks is annoying. If I find some way to get Noire's attack beefed up like that, I'll swap her in instead like I was planning on doing before getting Peashy.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
Thunder

Yep, I send them out on auto, then go into a dungeon, then right back out checking on their reports each time. I work on 2-3 dungeons at a time like this, but those two have always come back negative while several others came back with good results.
I see. And when you had a positive result, you went into that dungeon to beat the crap out of the enemy.
Thunder

I'll smoke him soon enough. I had it down to 1/3HP when I lost to it, it's just a matter of breaking its guard before it breaks me.
That reminds me of something. I think I never won against Gargoyle despite having Lv. 115 characters and more or less the best equipment. Maybe I should fight that one once just to have it in my monster list. For the :lol: pom, try using the img tags.
Thunder

For Peashy. When I got her, her attack stat was 400 points higher than anyone else's, despite being level 62. My other characters were at an average of level 84. This makes her much stronger than anyone else in the physical dept by a wide margin. I do agree that her lack of area attacks is annoying. If I find some way to get Noire's attack beefed up like that, I'll swap her in instead like I was planning on doing before getting Peashy.
I used some attack raising skills on Noire and then terminated the enemies with her Exe skill. Peashy is still by far the strongest physical character. I still haven't used her when I wasn't raising Lily ranks.

Thunder
Omegasword
Jun 29 2013, 09:50 AM
I see. And when you had a positive result, you went into that dungeon to beat the crap out of the enemy.

Yup, pretty much.

Omegasword
Jun 29 2013, 09:50 AM
That reminds me of something. I think I never won against Gargoyle despite having Lv. 115 characters and more or less the best equipment. Maybe I should fight that one once just to have it in my monster list. For the :lol: pom, try using the img tags.

I just absolutely smoked his ass with Neptune, Plutia, Vert & Peashy. Levels were 79-92. Hm? That'd work? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks~

Also, now that I've got only three more quest left, anybody got any suggestions what to install on what disc in the Disc dev shop? Also, are there any discs with level 5 slots across the board?

Edit: Is there a guide for the S-rank quests anywhere? MasterLL's guide stops at the first one.
Edited by Thunder, Jul 2 2013, 08:00 PM.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
Thunder
Jul 2 2013, 05:05 PM

Thunder

Hm? That'd work? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks~
Yes, it would. Since the isisARM likes to 404 on you, here's the code for the lolpom:
Code:

[img]http://artonelico.isisview.org/images/smilies/icon_lolpom.gif[/img]
This works as long as the isisARM's server exists and inserts this: Posted Image If the server is shutdown, this happens:
Posted Image
Code:

[img]http://randomimagethatdoesntexistismadeupfortestingpurpose.org/testing.jpg[/img]
This is what I wrote to make the Posted Image appear. Try it if you want.
Thunder

Also, now that I've got only three more quest left, anybody got any suggestions what to install on what disc in the Disc dev shop? Also, are there any discs with level 5 slots across the board?
I used a Red_Disc with Exe Gauge Boost Lv.5, Physical Defense + Lv.2 and Lily Up + Lv.3.
My Green_Disc has EXE Charge Lv.3, Avian Defense Lv.5 and Lily Up + Lv.3.
My VDD-ROM has EXE Charge Lv.2, Magic Defense + Lv.3 and Lily Up + Lv.2.
My No_Disc has EXE Charge Lv.1, Animal Defense Lv.2, Lily Up +Lv.1 and EXE Gauge Boost Lv.5(is a legendary gamedisc, called Final Fantasy on the internet IIRC).
Discs with Lv.5 slots are Large_USB, DL_ROM, Green_Disc and Red_Disc. That's all I unlocked.

Thunder
Omegasword
Jul 2 2013, 08:08 PM
I used a Red_Disc with Exe Gauge Boost Lv.5, Physical Defense + Lv.2 and Lily Up + Lv.3.
My Green_Disc has EXE Charge Lv.3, Avian Defense Lv.5 and Lily Up + Lv.3.
My VDD-ROM has EXE Charge Lv.2, Magic Defense + Lv.3 and Lily Up + Lv.2.
My No_Disc has EXE Charge Lv.1, Animal Defense Lv.2, Lily Up +Lv.1 and EXE Gauge Boost Lv.5(is a legendary gamedisc, called Final Fantasy on the internet IIRC).
Discs with Lv.5 slots are Large_USB, DL_ROM, Green_Disc and Red_Disc. That's all I unlocked.

I'll see if I have the stuff to make these. Though first, I need to get my hands on the level cap raiser DLC. I've got a couple of people real close to the cap.

Also *drops*

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/28/first-look-at-hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-1/

Some news about the Vita remake of the first Neptunia~ I forgot how dark & forbodding the first game looked ^^; The music too, for that matter.
Member Avatar
Omegasword
Buying one of the level caps should do for most people. I'm at Lv. 112 and did almost everything I wanted to do.
The normal ending and maybe some free arena DLC are on my to do list.
I fought against one of the DLC arena battles before. Surprisingly, I was unable to win a fight with Lv. 700 as the recommended level with Lv. 100 to 115 characters xD.

Thunder
I ended up at level 112-125, with everything done, except for about 10 or so quests and 15 or so colosseum battles. All of what I didn't do were S-Rank quests and DLC fights.

As for the level cap increases, you only need to buy one, and the second cap increase is free. At least that's how it is on the NA PSN. It's pretty bizarre really. You can buy the first or second cap increase, but the third one is free after that. The interesting thing is that if you buy the first cap increase, the free third one is accessible, and will bump you all the way to a cap of 999 instead of increasing the cap by the advertised 300 levels.

Anyhow, the ending was long and excellent B-)
Member Avatar
Thunder
Looks like we're starting to see quality figures from this series~

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166785
Member Avatar
Thunder
Now there's a whole ton of stuff for the series :O

A dogoo! :lol: - http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10239047

Member Avatar
Thunder
Doh! No sooner do I get a bunch of Neptune CD's when this gets announced :^^;:

http://5pb.jp/records/neptunebox/

The outer box looks just like that fly console Neptune has and the rest speaks for itself.
Member Avatar
LostLogia4
Thunder
Dec 28 2013, 09:43 PM
Doh! No sooner do I get a bunch of Neptune CD's when this gets announced :^^;:

http://5pb.jp/records/neptunebox/

The outer box looks just like that fly console Neptune has and the rest speaks for itself.
Ahh, the good-ol Neptunia Box, it's been around since the original game, if I do say so myself.

That too, the Neptunia Wikia has the official specifications for Purple Heart. Funny that I misunderstood the patron unit for the console, but still, four Purple-Ray Drives on a console with the storage capacity of a datacenter sounds pretty silly to me, at least.
Edited by LostLogia4, Jan 1 2014, 04:07 PM.
Member Avatar

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming (General) · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone