Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

A Reyvateil's Melody

Ar tonelico fan site forums.

Add Reply
The RPG Maker thread; A place to discuss anything related to the RPG Makers, including showing off and testing work in progresses.
Topic Started: Jul 24 2013, 04:23 AM (1,001 Views)
Palsa
As the isisview.org forum had a thread on this, I figured that the new forum could use one as well.

"wizzardx"

Hi there 8-)

Are you busy working on an RPG Maker game, or thinking of making one?

Do you have RPG Maker game creation-related questions, or do you just want to show off some interesting screen captures?

This is the thread for that :-)

As I am not Wizzardx, I unfortunatly cannot help with any script related issues. :-_-;:

Anyway, I just recently purchased RPG Maker VX Ace, and have been working on a few ideas, I might even try transfer the Atelier fan game over, depending on how things go.
In the meantime, if anyone would like some graphics to use in their projects, I've made a thread on rpgmakerweb.com where I will occasionally upload some of my original graphics, feel free to use them. :)
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
Plasma Bell
lol this thread... I recall the old days with RPG Maker XP, now they have already upgraded to VX Ace. Its still a 2D game maker though, hopefully someday they improve it to work with 3D objects. I personally prefer XNA Studio over RPG Maker, since the former uses the C# language which I am more comfortable with. RPG Maker uses Ruby, which is not newbie-friendly. Most game developers use RPG Maker without writing a single line of ruby code, it makes sense.

Anyway I wonder, if someone ever tried to create an AT battle system? Its quite like turn-based battle system, but with real-time element as the Reyvateil's charging magic happens at real-time.
Edited by Plasma Bell, Jan 22 2014, 12:58 AM.
Member Avatar

Altivarde
I'll sorta necromance this topic a bit.
I have a problem in creating Berserker-like class, so to speak... so here is my question:
What should I do if I want to make the lower their HP is the stronger they become? (I prefer like, if HP > 50%, STR raise about 5% for example, so like milestones.)
What should I do if I want to make the more party passed out, the stronger one of their skill becomes?
What should I do if I want to make a skill chains to b then c on some percentage? Something like combo skill.

Sorry if this sounds too complicated, or perhaps, too n00b UwU
Member Avatar
Boy on Ivory Throne
Posted Image
DavidSh
No one seems to be answering, so, even though I don't know much about RPG Maker, I'll toss out a suggestion.

Could you set some kind of multi-level state variable, with values like 'kinda berserk', 'berserk' and 'very berserk', that modifies their STR, and an event, with a trigger condition like 'if not berserk, and HP is between 20% and 50%', that sets the state to 'berserk'? You might have to explicitly model all possible transitions to various berserk states, including 'normal'.

But all I know about RPG Maker is from a cursory look at the on-line tutorials.
Member Avatar

ilutiern
Ahh I've begun work on my first game, Dreaming Mary \o/
The gameplay is actually completed. It's very short, just 15~25 minutes, but it will have custom graphics.
It's a sidescrolling adventure game to the flavor of Ib and Yume Nikki, though without Yume Nikki's egg features because I'm using Ace Lite and can't use any scripts.

Posted Image You play as a girl named Mary, and explore one of her dreams.

Screenshot:
Spoiler: click to toggle

It's a very pink and cute game but there's a twist.
THE TWIST

The homepage with updates and images is here: http://dreaming-games.tumblr.com/
As you can see I'm totally boosting up the 'cute' side so when people actually play the game and discover the sinister undercurrents it'll be a slight shock /shot
Member Avatar
~(*´3`)~
Posted Image
exec_ragnaros
ilutiern
Mar 5 2014, 04:06 AM
Ahh I've begun work on my first game, Dreaming Mary \o/
The gameplay is actually completed. It's very short, just 15~25 minutes, but it will have custom graphics.
It's a sidescrolling adventure game to the flavor of Ib and Yume Nikki, though without Yume Nikki's egg features because I'm using Ace Lite and can't use any scripts.

Posted Image You play as a girl named Mary, and explore one of her dreams.

Screenshot:
Spoiler: click to toggle

It's a very pink and cute game but there's a twist.
THE TWIST

The homepage with updates and images is here: http://dreaming-games.tumblr.com/
As you can see I'm totally boosting up the 'cute' side so when people actually play the game and discover the sinister undercurrents it'll be a slight shock /shot
Ilutiern, it's been forever! I finished playing Dreaming Mary and really enjoyed it! Also, a YouTuber I'm subscribed to did a playthrough of it. B-) Dreaming Mary - Cute Horror

Anyways, I immediately knew it was the ARM community when I saw the list of beta testers and Geiky's name on the ending music. I know I haven't been in here in ages, but respect is definitely due to you guys! Awesome job!

Palsa
Wow, I completely forgot about this topic. :^^;:

Altivarde, which engine are you using?
XP, VX, VX Ace?
The setup depends on the engine your using, but you can bind the player's HP to a variable.
There are several different ways of binding a variable, here is the list of operation it can preform in Ace:
Set: Direct copy, if the player's HP is 23, then the variable will read 23.
Add: Adds number to variable, so if your variable is set to 10 and you add 2, it will read 12.
Sub: Same as above, only subtracting instead of adding.
Mul: Same as above, but with multiplication.
Div: Same as above, but with division.
Mod: Uh. . . That's a little more complicated, this will explain: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/tutorial/use-of-mods_125.html
Once you know that, it will make other things a little more easy to understand; here is one method for dealing with calculations: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/17284-calculating-percentages/
To actually bind a variable, go to Control Variables.
Player HP is listed under Game Data>Actor; in Ace.
Note: MHP stands for Max HP.

Ilu, your game looks absolutely epic, I'll definitely have to play it!
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
wizzardx
On Steam I've noticed a new version of RPG maker, "MV". Haven't tried it, but I'm impressed at some features - eg ability to use on non-windows platforms, letting you build games that run on html5, and also using Javascript coding (big change from Ruby from a while back). Anyone played around with it?
Edited by wizzardx, Jun 19 2017, 09:05 AM.
Member Avatar

Palsa
Yep, I actually pre-ordered it back when it came out, but I haven't used any of the RPG Makers as of late.
Member Avatar
General of Aurda
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brauny74
wizzardx
Jun 19 2017, 09:05 AM
On Steam I've noticed a new version of RPG maker, "MV". Haven't tried it, but I'm impressed at some features - eg ability to use on non-windows platforms, letting you build games that run on html5, and also using Javascript coding (big change from Ruby from a while back). Anyone played around with it?
I'm making a game using MV. It's pretty good, especially when after playing around with VX Ace. I especially like the insane amount of third party plugins. There are plugins for practically everything made by someone somewhere.
Member Avatar

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Firefly Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Ar tonelico series, characters, and artwork © 2006-2010 GUST CO., LTD. and NBGI

Skin orginally created by Tariq | Converted by Lewis of the ZetaBoard Theme Zone