Welcome to the Rise Of The Pirates forum, the official forum for the BYOND game by Pride Ravanok.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the forum and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free, just click on the link below to register.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access further features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Update Log!
Topic Started: Oct 14 2011, 12:47 AM (54,516 Views)
Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Minor Update

New Hunter skill Arrow Rain
Hunter pets gain alot more exp
Dark text has been redone
Gunslinger ammo prices tweaked.
Wind skill duration decreased
swordsman cannot dash with cow
World Map found on top menu shows you where you are on the map.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
I have been restlessly attempting to find and fix the cause of this suspicious lag. Rewriting, and sifting through the source like a mad man. Hoping these changes fix them

With the changes i have had to redo a few things ill inform you and of so you can keep a look out for bugs or abusable glitches and remind myself what i changed.

Water besides of pvm and bg have been tweaked.
these tweaks allow others to walk on the ice user's path as well

Skills macros and uses have been tweaked let me know if there are any issues with either

Conditions have been tweaked let me know if duration has been lowered or increased as well as anything else that is outside the normal

Boats any pertinent nerfs i do to any system i will inform you of with a post, if i have not please inform me, this may be a bug. I believe i fixed the speed issue.

Knock Out I was unable to test this on my own please make sure knock out process is working as usual.

a few npc tweaks so let me know if their acting funny.

Winning tournaments now grant blood coins

Fixes of the bugs i have been informed of, please test and report if the bug is still in existence.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
SHOVELS
5 new shovels to aid your treasure hunting needs.
Rare Shovel
Item used to dig for treasure. Works best when you have a treasure map.Digs 2 tiles in front of you. [Drop]
Gold Shovel
Item used to dig for treasure. Works best when you have a treasure map.Digs 3 tiles infront of you. [Blood Coins Store]
Luck Shovel
Item used to dig for treasure. Works best when you have a treasure map.Digs right under you, Increases chances of finding treasure .[Plunder]
Beam Shovel
Item used to dig for treasure. Works best when you have a treasure map.Digs 4 tiles infront of you, Large delay .[Rank 3 quest
Dead Man Shovel
Item used to dig for treasure. Works best when you have a treasure map.Digs 2 tiles around you. Large delay [rank 5 quest]

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Emerald Sea Shuttle is now sailing.
For traveling the seas without the fears that lay within them! For a small escudo fee you can hop on the Emerald Sea Shuttle and be chofered through all the emerald islands!
Come now come all!

The shuttle arrives at a new island every 2 minutes. If it is at your island find and enter through the port. After paying the fee wait patiently inside the shuttle for it to set sail again. It will give you updates to its location and actions while in it, or near it. Walk out to get out. The grass is the safezone.

Weapon Overlay System has had some changes.
-Weapon overlay are no longer level based
-weapon overlays are chosen at random when equipped from a list of default overlays
-Weapon skin system has been implemented, you are now able to change your weapon's skin with weapon skin items.

Doubloon Store.
Currently the only way to get weapon skins. Doubloons are obtained with real life money through the game. To access this press the Doubloon menu and Open the store. Attempt to purchase anything while your balance is below its cost and it will give you the option to buy doubloons, once on the website type your key (Make sure its correct) and follow the payment process the system checks for new purchases every minute so give it so time to get to you.

Shift click the weapon skins within the shop to preview the skin. It will flash on your character for a small ammount of time ;D

Posted Image WEAPON SKIN!
Edited by Black, Aug 19 2013, 03:02 PM.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Profession update
-Bulk crafting (Anywhere anytime.)
-Cannon range fixed
-All weapon ammo can be crafted :)
-Elite profession scrolls are now dropable allowing you to create elite weapons and equipment these however are BOE, bind on equip.

Doubloon Shop
-first slingshot skin
-new all meele skins
-all meele prices tweaked
-Mega exp scroll 6x exp for 45 minutes
-Bank Pets (Work like normal pets except! they are also your personal bank! banking for the owner ONLY.)

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Ice
-Ice Ball no longer stuns
Swordsmen
-Mikadzuki now has a grab effect, teleporting the user to the victim
Wax
-Wax Clone- Creates a clone of yourself to deceive others
-Wax Barrel- Creates a barrel infront of the user to be used as an obstacle for others. Low cooldown, build stuff..
-Wax tweak Wax slap has been chained to a "Rain" skill, the fist will rain in the users direction.
Hunter
-Hunter Tweak: Arrow rain damage lowered, duration of arrow raining increased
Gunslinger
-New Skill Eagle Eye (previous eagle eye renamed)
The user assumes a sniping stance, Focusing his eyes Allowing him to shoot very far(WSAD to move cross hair use the Shoot skill to fire)
-Previous eagle eye renamed to Shoot.
Fixes
-Drowning with cow drops cow
-Hammer fix
-Triident fix
-Priest can remove all ailments (stuns,snares, etc) in an instant now
-Other things i cant remember.
Edited by Black, Aug 26 2013, 06:54 PM.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Minor update
swiming mastery made easyer
ball of cold now stuns for a very low ammount of time
earth cage tweaked
object bounce effect fixed.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Equips
-Unique and Rare rarity have been buffed
-Max Stat reqs for equips lowered
Classes
-Bone Titaniaboa damage reduced heavily, health buffed to 2x owner's
-Flame Martial Arts has 30% chance to reset cooldown on Flame Bolt to chain and combo.
-Hammer weapon damage buff
-Bishop Abrupt sweep is now an AOE
-Bishop combo: Everytime a bishop attacks with any weapon he has a 20% chance to reset cooldown on Abrupt sweep
-All bishop skills can be used with any weapon
-If a bishop blocks successfully, he has a 30% chance to proc Devout Sacrifice on himself ignoring cooldowns.
-Priest beacon changes:
--Beacon now heals all allies who click on the priest. Including the priest himself. Making him a beacon of life. Heals on bishops are slightly higher.
Event
CTC map changes. (Not sure i like this new map.. may change again)
Critical chance against cow holders increased by 15%
Edited by Black, Sep 13 2013, 11:30 PM.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Minor update.
New Weapon Skins
Raised Treasure Drop rate on shields
By popular demand you are now able to watch anyone in any event,player hosted,blood arena, challenges. etc. (Peepers)
bug fixes
swift trait momentum nerf.
bishop block heal nerf

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Snowball event Map change, for more of that elimination fear rather then a spam snowball fest.
CTC
Map Change Made abit less, DINGY ABUSIVE
Center Feature, There is a flag you can contest over in the center of the map
the team that owns this flag will be able to warp to it from a point within their spawn
Class
Dual Swordsman damage Buff

WARNINGS: The server is having some network issues they claim will be corrected as soon as possible, this means you may lose connection to the server and be logged off. You will not be rolled back due to this but it will be an aggravating experience. We at ROTP would like to apologize for this and ask you to please bear with us.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Minor Update
Downgraded to version 497! here is the link if you want to follow suit. http://www.byond.com/download/build/497/ (NO MORE ADS)

*Black Sea
If you have been to the swamp in black seas you may have noticed some turfs shaped like numbers. Run through all 5 within 1 minute and open a map to the lost jungle. the map will remain open for all to enter for 2 minutes.
The mobs in the lost jungle are not "Black Sea" boss mobs. They are high level normal mobs to aid your farming needs. :)
T-Rex in the map jungle drop 2 rare mounts Collect them!
*Item
Gold Spyglass
rare drop all mobs
"Use this item to find New islands within emerald sea. Use: Once used sail through emerald sea and encounter a new Island. 1 person only. No large vessels."

*Hidden Islands^
Only 1 lost island at this moment Craken Island
Lv 500,510,520,530,540,550,560,570 and 580 mobs are here.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
-Few bug fixes with last update.
-New Skill Guide option under guide, displays all skills in game, description,level and endurance drain.
-New Class Dagon Only Aqua Summoner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sea Blast(Aqua Summoner)
Level:1
Delay:2
Endurance:1
Description:The user sends a blast of condensed water forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geyser Wall(Aqua Summoner)
Level:100
Delay:5
Endurance:1
Description:The user summons three geysers dealing damage and stunning all enemies ontop of the geyser. Geyser will block projectiles and players.

Summon Miriana(Aqua Summoner)
Level:200
Delay:40
Endurance:2000
Description:Miriana is the powerful mermaid priest goddess. Miriana will use the summoners will to heal all allies within 2 tiles.

Summon Ariala(Aqua Summoner)
Level:300
Delay:7
Endurance:2000
Description:Miriana is the powerful mermaid charmer. Miriana will charm all enemies within view with her siren song slowing them down (2%chance to stun).

Summon Tria(Aqua Summoner)
Level:400
Delay:80
Endurance:1000
Description:Miriana is the powerful mermaid warrior goddess. Shoot water blast at all enemies within range.

Summon Cien(Aqua Summoner)
Level:500
Delay:60
Description:Cien is the powerful mermaid mage goddess. Cien will call four tidal waves to her.

Turrent Soul(Aqua Summoner)
Level:600
Delay:100
Endurance:200
Description:The user summons a water soul to fight along side with for 30 seconds
Edited by Black, Nov 18 2013, 03:28 PM.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Quote:

Snahrling: the fire breath CD doesnt seem to be longer or short then before all mobs in black sea got nerfed the damage is the same and the CD between breaths is still around 10seconds (like before) now i will only assume that once this mob is under 30% it will firebreath like crazy making it impossible to kill

Bargoran: the only problem with this mob would be its Earth cage CD time, it happens to use a Earth cage then 15seconds later use another one making two cages limiting your space movments now the cages last a longtime and by the time u break one wall of that earth, you have 3 to 4 cages on you i feel like the cage should have a different CD on bargoran to players Earth Text making this mobs CD for earth cage around 1min would mean that once the cage is gone it has roughly 5 to 10seconds before using it again (before rage mode where it should cage like crazy)

Rotz Rooks: Blind CD in rage mode... now for anyone whos has tried to melee rotz rooks in rage mode will understand the rage of the perma blind, the blind CD should be higher in rage mode or make it so he blinds has CD then sleeps has another CD then blinds again and so on, the pushback spam+perm blind makes it hard for people to kill the mob < it should have one or the other not both imo

Mujinn: the fire breath CD doesnt seem to be longer or short then before all mobs in black sea got nerfed the damage is the same and the CD between breaths is still around 10seconds (like before) now i will only assume that once this mob is under 30% it will firebreath and pushback like crazy making it impossible to kill <-- it should have one or the other not both imo

Fixed, ty Maya.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
-Lava Cooldown tweaks
-Time Text changes-
-Rotz king tweaks
-First wish granted: Restat Lion in sochi for 1 day.

New Time Text.

Temporal Rewind(Time)
Level:0
Delay:0
Endurance:2
Description:Passive: Chrono Luck % chance to heal for a % of damage taken.

Chronoball(Time)
Level:100
Delay:3
Description:The user throws a time ball that has a chance to slow the enemy down or explode into an aoe(aoe damage user Level*3).Damage (Level+Will*2)

Slowmotion(Time)
Level:250
Delay:40
Description:Slowmotion, The user slows down all enemies around them while increasing the speed of the user for 5 seconds

Rewind Time(Time)
Level:350
Delay:18
Endurance:500
Description:Reduces all cooldown by 10 seconds

Chronolocation(Time)
Level:450
Delay:20
Endurance:500
Description:Press once to record a location, Press again within 3 seconds to return to this location.

Chronilogical Lapse(Time)
Level:500
Delay:120
Description:The user slows the time of everything in a 5 tile radious.

Chronoshift(Time)
Level:600
Delay:180
Description:Places Chronoshift on an ally.If the person affected by this buff dies within 20 seconds this person will return to the health he had when the buff was placed

-Other minor changes and bug fixes i may have forgotten.

TOP 5 MOST WISHED
1# ADD JAIL (8 wishes)
2# FIX LAG (7 wishes)
3# Return of Nikyu Nikyu (Paw Paw) (5 wishes)
4# New Clothing (5 wishes)
5# New Events (4 wishes)

Progress on new engine?Posted Image Going great (thank you for being so patient.)

Ky2731
Member Avatar
"King of Flash"
1/24/14
Several bug fixes, including:

• Big Ships/Big Ship Movement
  • Map Edges/Beaching Errors

Edited by Ky2731, Jan 24 2014, 11:07 PM.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Synopsis
-Lycans are now able to become the neutral classes (Swordsman/Hunter/Gunner etc.)
-New Lycan Classes in the works ( I will try to get 1 or 2 done this weekend please test how they work with the neutral classes in the mean time.)
-Lycan transformations now drain endurance over time
-Becoming one of the lycan classes removes the drains. [To lower drain kill mobs in that transformation to gain mastery over it]
-Lycan Transformations now take equipment into account
-Lycans can now use weapons and transform with them.
-All Lycan Transformations can swim. (WE ARENT CATS RAVANOK WE ARE WOLVES.)
-Lycans no longer have traits, (Their forms is their trait, Toggle through with S, Macro "Embrace" or Click the hud to take form.)
Transformations
-With armor a set base stats + armor+ 10-30% depending on transformation
-Without armor, Raises all base stats by abit. (Nerfed)
Transformation Effects
These Effects that take place apon transforming
Wolf- heals all allys within 2 tiles (Amount users half of users will)
Hybrid- grants a huge speed boost for 2 seconds
Lycan - Slows down everyone within 1 tile of you for 1 second

Transformation afinity(This is what stat will be buffed during trans)
-Lycan = str/def
-Wolf = Spirit/will
-Hybrid = Agility/def(Smaller wolf like lycan)

Damage
-Wolf = Spirit
-Lycan/Human = Str
-Hybrid= Agil

Other things!
-You are able to trade in your bound exp scrolls for gold by using them, if they have more then 3 minutes on them and you are caped.
-A few other changes to some systems, so please continue to report any thing
-Dagon I have not forgotten about you, Dagon increase Endurance regen while in water

Excuse my spelling it should be worst then usual, as there was quiet alot of jack daniels in my coffee.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Nerf wolf lycan transformation heal
Lycan transformation drain increased to 212.5 a second up from 150 a second
Lycan Normal attack multiplier nerf
Lycan from x1.5 str to 1.3
Hybrid from x1.3 agi to 1.15
Wolf from x1.35 spi to 1
Human stays the same (Weapon multi)
This should balance them during the other classes.
Few bug fixes

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Oversight
Added repair button to Food Vendor

Suggestions
Magic Lens

Basically a lens/eye glass that lets you analyze any monster by using it then clicking the monster. A private message of his stats will then show up in your system/ooc tab

example

Item used magic lens you clicked Rotz pawn

Rotz Bishop
Level:1000
HP:1.19e+006 / 1.19e+006
Class:Fighter
STR:9500
AGI:9500
SPI:9500
Def:7000
AGI:9500
This monster spawns every 300 seconds
(Made in BJ)
Bj's Magic Lens's durability has decreased.

Ship Taxi Scroll (Blood Coins only)

Blood Scroll added to Blood Coins and Doubloon shop
Blood Scrolls grant you double blood coins for every stack you have
Blood Coin Store = 5 stack
Doubloon = 15 stacks

Mega Droprate
11x droprate from mobs
Mega Droprate(S) added to Blood Coin Store (25 min)
Mega Drop rate (L) added to Doubloon shop(65 min)

Changes
-Rewards in Blood coin shop have been made BOE (Bind on equip) so you can trade them if you don't like the one you got.
-Lowered the necklace price from 15000 BC, to 9500 BC
-Elite items crafted now have the name of the maker

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown
Minor update due to some minor displeasure we have renamed Bj's Magic Lense to Bj's Wooden Eye. This item can be droped from any mob near your level.

Black
Member Avatar
Unknown

Letsuami

Quote:

-Current-
critical: stat% probability to increase damage by 50%(1.5x).
dodge: stat% probability to negate damage by 100%(0).

as the game further hones in on balancing all classes, it has made crit/dodge stand out even more, being the key decider in many fights, due to the mechanics of probability based dmg increase and negation, the end result is often a matter of luck instead of skill, ultimately leaving the fighters with thoughts such as "did I really even win that fight?" or "how the hell did I just lose that?" because one person may receive the divine blessing of the rotp gods, and trigger dodge +10 times on their opponent, while landing criticals, making it not even a fight anymore.

-Solution
critical: stat% probability to increase damage by stat%.
dodge: stat% probability to decrease damage by stat%.

in example, if you have 19% critical stat, then you have a 19% chance to increase the damage, by 19%. the probability is the amount, instead of a constant static 50% damage boost. again for dodge, say 24% dodge stat would obviously be 24% chance to decrease the receiving damage by 24%. with that, no more will your strongest and highest c/d tech be completely rendered useless due to probability.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Production Updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply