Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Roll For Insanity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Join our community to help us discuss all of our favourite games and blogs.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Disclosure Alert
Topic Started: Feb 14 2013, 04:48 AM (1,188 Views)
Daemian Lucifer
Member Avatar

Ok, since no one else will, let me be the one to take some initiative and create this thread. I will even give you some apostrophes and extra spaces after punctuation, to make everything official looking. Let it never be said that I am lazy.

So, if you don't like comments on youtube (who does?), here you'll have a thread all for discussing the spin off to Spoiler Warning: Disclosure Alert. Hosted by @Aldowyn, @anaphysik, @newdarkcloud (& hostages guests).

I'll keep linking the episodes here until this forum gets rolling and someone can (hopefully) replace me. So here goes:
Episode 1: Improvise, It's Funnier
Episode 2: Gettin' Darsey With Us
Episode 3: Sweeping Up the Park-er
Episode 4: Our Chance to Seduce Yancy
Episode 5: Canadian Christmas Trees
Episode 6: Ha Ha, Finally, Some VIOLENCE!
Episode 7: Mike Hates Sean Doorcy
Episode 8: Rouge Agent
Episode 9: Shaheed Saudi Writing on the Wall
Episode 10: One Heck of a Guy
Episode 11: Unnoticed By the Trail of Bodies
Episode 12: Are You Shi You're Pronouncing That Right?
Episode 13: Boozeplate Armor
Episode 14: Vampire: The Mike-arade

Episode 5 Outtakes, #1: Alpha Protocol Test Recording - "I Am Airpuncher"
Episode 10Outtake #2: Pre-Week-2 Banter - Implying That We Have Fans
Episode 10 againOuttake #3: anaphysik Sounds Like Dial-Up
Episode 14Outtake #4: Assassinating Darcy's Dad
Episode XIV 2Outtake #5: We Leave You for One Second... and You're /Nice/
Edited by Daemian Lucifer, Mar 26 2013, 09:40 PM.
Souls?! Don't be ridiculous. It's their life forces that've been stolen. It's scientific!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Indy_S
Member Avatar
Administrator
I'm a fan. They managed to get pretty close to the Spoiler Warning feel with the attacks on Aldowyn's stuff-ups. And they seem to be ironing out audio issues at a much faster rate.

Door-kicking is now the only answer for me in a tabletop RPG. Last time, I kicked the door of the inn in and had to pay the innkeeper to fix it.
Benevolent overlord of all you survey as well as a small part of the Australian Outback.

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Hey. Thanks for posting this Daemian.

I just want to point out that I've posted write-ups for Episodes 2-4 on my blog, similar to Shamus's SW write-ups.

EP2:
http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode.html

EP3
http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_12.html

EP4
http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_13.html

Thomas
Member Avatar

I'd say where Spoiler Warning are more like a five-man band (once you start a Lets Play, it becomes completely valid to judge you like you're fictional characters, hence the old Rutskarn/Mumbles shipping =D) with a carefully selected array of completely different people filling each role, Disclosure Alert feels like more of a buddy thing.

Also you all seem keen to show-off the game which is neat and a little different from SW
This is like, a whole new internet person

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Because we love you guys, here is the next episode:

http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_19.html

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Thomas
Feb 19 2013, 02:47 AM
I'd say where Spoiler Warning are more like a five-man band (once you start a Lets Play, it becomes completely valid to judge you like you're fictional characters, hence the old Rutskarn/Mumbles shipping =D) with a carefully selected array of completely different people filling each role, Disclosure Alert feels like more of a buddy thing.

Also you all seem keen to show-off the game which is neat and a little different from SW
There's a very nice comradery between the three of us, which means we look forward to recording. It's quite a lot of fun.

We whole reason we started this is because we wanted to show off Alpha Protocol. Anaphysik in particular wanted to see a SW season for it, and contacted myself and aldowyn to make one for ourselves. As a result, speaking about the game comes naturally.
There's also the fact that AP is a very short, but very compact game, so there's a lot to talk about.

Daemian Lucifer
Member Avatar

So did you guys decide the order in which you are playing the rest of the levels?And will you be cool with g22 or just kill their guys and gals?

Also,have you decided which bosses youll have,or is that something that will form up on during the play?
Edited by Daemian Lucifer, Feb 19 2013, 02:10 PM.
Souls?! Don't be ridiculous. It's their life forces that've been stolen. It's scientific!

anaphysik
Member Avatar
*Best* Disclosure Alert Host
Daemian Lucifer
Feb 19 2013, 02:10 PM
So did you guys decide the order in which you are playing the rest of the levels?And will you be cool with g22 or just kill their guys and gals?

Also,have you decided which bosses youll have,or is that something that will form up on during the play?
We do have a pretty specific plan, but talking about /that/ is what I'd consider "spoilers." Actual game spoilers I've no problem with (assuming they're relevant), but /season/ spoilers we'll hold tight onto ;P

It is fair to say that our order will be Taipei -> Moscow -> Rome.
(Certainly it's actually quite freeform in-game (you can go to all three right off the bat if you want, and do missions for them in really any order), but we're sticking to one hub at a time for DA.)

EDIT: And since cloud didn't post the linky here, his Ep6 writeup: http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_3222.html
Edited by anaphysik, Feb 19 2013, 02:45 PM.
Run down the side of an exploding building: no problem - but step on a child's toy: break your bones. Wah hah! Sounds like a Chinese proverb.

Thomas
Member Avatar

Please don't say you're planning to kill Sis. Someone mentioned a No Mercy perk :(

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Thomas
Feb 19 2013, 03:07 PM
Please don't say you're planning to kill Sis. Someone mentioned a No Mercy perk :(
We will divulge this information when we reach Moscow.

I will say that the choice of whether or Sis gets killed was/is HIGHLY contentious among the three of us. Though we've reached consensus, it is possible for our minds to change.

And "No Mercy," was saying that we will go for "No Compromise, No Mercy," which is one of the possible endings (the one where you choose to dispatch of both Alpha Protocol AND Halbech).

Thomas
Member Avatar

So at least one out of the three of you is entirely evil then? Hmm

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Thomas
Feb 19 2013, 04:10 PM
So at least one out of the three of you is entirely evil then? Hmm
And that 1-2 person/people will not be disclosed until we reach that point. If we don't mention it in the show, then I'll put it in the post.

Daemian Lucifer
Member Avatar

anaphysik
Feb 19 2013, 02:41 PM

It is fair to say that our order will be Taipei -> Moscow -> Rome.[/url]

Ah,so like I did it the first time.
Edited by Daemian Lucifer, Feb 19 2013, 09:07 PM.

Indy_S
Member Avatar
Administrator
Wow, you were playing reckless, Aldowyn. So many situations went in your favour that shouldn't have. I assume this is a trend we can expect to continue?
Benevolent overlord of all you survey as well as a small part of the Australian Outback.

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Daemian Lucifer
Feb 19 2013, 09:06 PM
anaphysik

It is fair to say that our order will be Taipei -> Moscow -> Rome.[/url]

We chose that order for both the most amount of dramatic tension and to present the plot is as cohesively as possible.

anaphysik
Member Avatar
*Best* Disclosure Alert Host
newdarkcloud
Feb 20 2013, 03:55 AM
Daemian Lucifer
Feb 19 2013, 09:06 PM
anaphysik
It is fair to say that our order will be Taipei -> Moscow -> Rome.
We chose that order for both the most amount of dramatic tension and to present the plot is as cohesively as possible.
And, more importantly, so that we can get some drugs from a good buddy of ours :D

P.S.: crack is whack
Edited by anaphysik, Feb 21 2013, 12:01 AM.
Run down the side of an exploding building: no problem - but step on a child's toy: break your bones. Wah hah! Sounds like a Chinese proverb.

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
EP7

http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_21.html
Edited by newdarkcloud, Feb 21 2013, 04:34 AM.

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
EP8 is posted. Also, I bitch about AP's save system.

http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_22.html

*BTW, what makes anaphysik the *best* DA host!?
Edited by newdarkcloud, Feb 22 2013, 03:23 PM.

Aldowyn

Indy_S
Feb 19 2013, 11:17 PM
Wow, you were playing reckless, Aldowyn. So many situations went in your favour that shouldn't have. I assume this is a trend we can expect to continue?
Hmm, I should check this thread more.

I'm playing on easy. As a veteran. Sooo yeah, it's not that hard to just kill everyone when stealth fails.

But yeah, I will do my best to not play super boring.

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
EP9:

http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/02/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_23.html

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Blogs · Next Topic »
Add Reply