Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Roll For Insanity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Join our community to help us discuss all of our favourite games and blogs.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Disclosure Alert
Topic Started: Feb 14 2013, 04:48 AM (1,152 Views)
Daemian Lucifer
Member Avatar

Ok, since no one else will, let me be the one to take some initiative and create this thread. I will even give you some apostrophes and extra spaces after punctuation, to make everything official looking. Let it never be said that I am lazy.

So, if you don't like comments on youtube (who does?), here you'll have a thread all for discussing the spin off to Spoiler Warning: Disclosure Alert. Hosted by @Aldowyn, @anaphysik, @newdarkcloud (& hostages guests).

I'll keep linking the episodes here until this forum gets rolling and someone can (hopefully) replace me. So here goes:
Episode 1: Improvise, It's Funnier
Episode 2: Gettin' Darsey With Us
Episode 3: Sweeping Up the Park-er
Episode 4: Our Chance to Seduce Yancy
Episode 5: Canadian Christmas Trees
Episode 6: Ha Ha, Finally, Some VIOLENCE!
Episode 7: Mike Hates Sean Doorcy
Episode 8: Rouge Agent
Episode 9: Shaheed Saudi Writing on the Wall
Episode 10: One Heck of a Guy
Episode 11: Unnoticed By the Trail of Bodies
Episode 12: Are You Shi You're Pronouncing That Right?
Episode 13: Boozeplate Armor
Episode 14: Vampire: The Mike-arade

Episode 5 Outtakes, #1: Alpha Protocol Test Recording - "I Am Airpuncher"
Episode 10Outtake #2: Pre-Week-2 Banter - Implying That We Have Fans
Episode 10 againOuttake #3: anaphysik Sounds Like Dial-Up
Episode 14Outtake #4: Assassinating Darcy's Dad
Episode XIV 2Outtake #5: We Leave You for One Second... and You're /Nice/
Edited by Daemian Lucifer, Mar 26 2013, 09:40 PM.
Souls?! Don't be ridiculous. It's their life forces that've been stolen. It's scientific!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
anaphysik
Member Avatar
*Best* Disclosure Alert Host
"I don't think you can kill both SIE and Albatross,"
No, you cannot. Brayko's mansion is the only place you can kill either, and they are mutually exclusive options there. Ironically, of course, you'd probably have teamed up last mission (which is what fixes which one helps you) with whichever you liked more, so it's unlikely you'd /actually/ want to kill them, unless you were metagaming the choice.

"Is Hong Shi's mission mandatory or can you just do the NSB?" Hong's is NOT mandatory. The hotel is, and on top of that you need to do /either/ Hong's or the G22 one in order to get the Chingmei Line one.

"Can you take down Mina and Leland at the same time? And I'm not sure if you can take down Westridge _and_ Parker/Marburg"

Well, you can have them all die. If that's not the same as getting to /kill/ all of them, then I think you need to side with (& then betray) Halbech in order to actually KILL both Mina and Leland (Leland sends you to kill Mina, which you can do, ignore, or superignore by sparing her). Otherwise, Mina can die by either you not going to save her, or her refusing to be saved by someone as loathesome as you. You need to agree to betray your country when talking to Shaheed in order to get to kill Westridge, but after agreeing you can still kill Shaheed. Marburg can be killed in Rome (you never said anything about things being /easy/, mind you ;P) regardless of other death choices. Parker is simple to kill: simply don't show that his analysis is flawed, and he'll end up dying in the server room (again, you could argue whether this counts as /kill/ing; certainly there's no way to shoot him in the face as far as I know).

"Then I think if you have a high reputation with Scarlett but react badly when she tells you her secret, you can kill her."

She can also die later if you don't meet her at all in that section, though again whether that counts as /kill/ing is up for debate. You do at least get to give the order, though.

"Is the fight with the henchman on SIE's introduction mandatory?"
Yes, assuming you mean the one right before the final conversation/fight with her in that mission. It's marked as optional, but is mandatory. You could use a non-lethal takedown, but the mission summary still says he died. (Similar to how you can use tranqs on Darcy but it will still say he died. These seem like scripting/writing errors though, as you can frex tranq Championchik and get a non-lethal summary (although it does say that you bested him in martial arts, which is frankly ridiculous, as melee takes forever whereas Chain Shot will OHKO him).) So arguably debatable.

"So that's either just Darcy or Darcy plus 4 mooks isn't it?"
The al-Samad lieutenant in Saudi can also be pretty safely assumed to be dead; no matter how softly you jumpknee him off that bridge, I didn't see any pillows on the front of that truck he hit on his way down >_< (Plus no one said "no one could have survived that fall!" in-game.)

"only a coward, a mafioso, SIE (who is mad) and a madman"
Sounds right, except Albatross instead of SIE, because SERIOUSLY? You killed Albatross? #YouMonster! You'd probably shoot Sis too, you lying bastard!
Run down the side of an exploding building: no problem - but step on a child's toy: break your bones. Wah hah! Sounds like a Chinese proverb.

Thomas
Member Avatar

Okay so with those changes that's 28 characters with max 22 dead in one run and max 25 alive, you only have to kill Darcy the lieutenant and the henchman. It tells you how much Darcy sucks that he's the only important character in the entire game who has to die.

I was thinking SIE instead of Albatross because then you Heck and SIE could go on a blissful murder threesome. (I think you can kill Albatross without Sis ever seeing you in person, but if she wants to join in on the murder spree that would work too)
This is like, a whole new internet person

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Guys! I need you to tell those other two to pick the Lumberjack beard!

ironclad

can't you "kill" darcy by pumping him full of tranq darts in chain shot? (I don't see how you'd want that jackass to live, but it's possible.

And the full beards (lumberjack and the other one) are horrible.
Edited by ironclad, Mar 14 2013, 02:32 PM.

Thomas
Member Avatar

I'd support Lumberjack (and in a flash if we exchange for allowing sis to live =D) but I wore it and it looks too ...normal. I wanted to be silly and then I put on the shades and beret and it looked entirely plausible which ruined the fun

Daemian Lucifer
Member Avatar

Lumberjack beard is a must.It makes all the conversations so silly.

"Hey,pst.Im a spy in disguise.So shhhh"
Souls?! Don't be ridiculous. It's their life forces that've been stolen. It's scientific!

anaphysik
Member Avatar
ironclad
Mar 14 2013, 02:22 PM
can't you "kill" darcy by pumping him full of tranq darts in chain shot? (I don't see how you'd want that jackass to live, but it's possible.
Even if you use tranqs on him, the post-mission summary will state that you killed him. Whether this is a coding error, writing error, or intentional I do not know.
Run down the side of an exploding building: no problem - but step on a child's toy: break your bones. Wah hah! Sounds like a Chinese proverb.

Tony Kebell
Member Avatar

anaphysik
Mar 15 2013, 04:57 AM
ironclad
Even if you use tranqs on him, the post-mission summary will state that you killed him. Whether this is a coding error, writing error, or intentional I do not know.
Well OBVIOUSLY! he just O.Ds from the amount of tranquilizer...

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Tony Kebell
Mar 15 2013, 06:43 AM
anaphysik
Mar 15 2013, 04:57 AM
ironclad
Well OBVIOUSLY! he just O.Ds from the amount of tranquilizer...
Wrong. Your tranquilizers interact with the drugs you shot him with 3 months ago, killing in a fatal reaction.

anaphysik
Member Avatar
newdarkcloud
Mar 16 2013, 08:43 AM
Wrong. Your tranquilizers interact with the drugs you shot him with 3 months ago, killing in a fatal reaction.
Hmm. Well, that wasn't as much fun as he thought.

aridchef
Member Avatar

Daemian Lucifer
Mar 15 2013, 04:05 AM

I immediately thought of the hobospy. We must have this! The people demand it.
Also know as Dave B.

Tony Kebell
Member Avatar

aridchef
Mar 18 2013, 06:24 AM
Daemian Lucifer
Mar 15 2013, 04:05 AM

I immediately thought of the hobospy. We must have this! The people demand it.
Oh yeah, I too have been meaning to throw my hat (and chin) into the 'Team Lumberjack Beard' pile.

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
IT LIVES MUTHER FUCKAS!!!
http://pressstarttodiscuss.blogspot.com/2013/03/disclosure-alert-alpha-protocol-episode_26.html

Thomas
Member Avatar

I love getting that 'Trying to blend in with the locals, good fieldcraft' line when wearing a giant lumberjack beard, Dictator beret and huge shades. I should've pushed for the beard

(Also I felt really pressured into not wearing armour for this mission because of it)

newdarkcloud
Member Avatar
Disclosure Alert Host
Omen Deng will only mock you if you wear combat armor.

If you wear Stealth Armor, he'll say you're good at blending in with the shadows.
If you wear Utility Armor, he'll say you look ready for anything.

anaphysik
Member Avatar
newdarkcloud
Mar 27 2013, 06:49 AM
Omen Deng will only mock you if you wear combat armor.

If you wear Stealth Armor, he'll say you're good at blending in with the shadows.
If you wear Utility Armor, he'll say you look ready for anything.
He does get a bit of mockery in at you, though.

I adore utility armour, and he added a sort of "not sure what to expect of me? *smirk*" line. I've heard that the stealth armour line has him adding ~"but you should wear civvies if you REALLY want to blend in."

-----

Also, Daemian added a Disclosure Alert thread to the official TwentySided forums as well: http://forums.shamusyoung.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30

Thomas
Member Avatar

I always read the stealth armour line as mocking. 'You're trying to where that for stealth in a train station' sort of thing

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Blogs · Next Topic »
Add Reply