Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
Pak Mod Manager (PMM); Pak Mods Made Simple
Topic Started: Aug 12 2016, 09:35 AM (70,932 Views)
Frosthaven
Member Avatar

On the suggestion of Brutal, I've cross posted this here from reddit (original thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighterMods/comments/4usj5u/new_mod_manager_for_sfvsteampc/). Full description and changelog can be found at the provided link.

IMPORTANT! Before you install the beta, you will need to change a few things if you've used earlier versions or other methods to enable pak mods. Also remember, beta is beta. It worked on all the rigs I've set it up with, but I'm relying on you guys to yell at me if something fails!

• Take the ~mods folder OUT of your StreetFighterV directory (we don't want any pak files loading from there anymore)
  • If you have a _Steam.pak file in your StreetFighterV's Contents/Paks folder, take it out.
  • You need a clean, unmodified download folder. Go to %localappdata%\StreetFighterV\Saved\download and delete everything but the steam pak files. Run the game and let it generate a clean dlc.manifest
  • If you are using a pmm version < 2.0 you will need to uninstall it

OK, now that you have done all that, here you go:
Preview:

Posted Image

Download: http://cdn.fortiscoregaming.com/frosthaven/electron-releases/sfv-mod-manager/SFV%20Pak%20Mod%20Manager%20Setup%202.2.9.exe (official link, broken)
https://mega.nz/#!NJBGwLxY!AVv02taxr4r6F2nfl5QNHUSAGwHq7qsN_givD2BxjPY (re-upload)
Edited by robhal, Apr 26 2017, 07:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

I have tried the new PMM v2.0 and every mods I install (including Juri mods) works perfectly. But there is one issue (not related to mods though), when I click the "Launch Game" button, it does nothing (just makes PMM close itself). Perhaps as solution, you can add the option to edit the SFV game path to own own (just like FluffyQuack's MM one)?

EDIT: I see that setting the correct game path in FluffyQuack's MM got nothing related with running the game directly with the tool.
Edited by robhal, Aug 12 2016, 09:38 PM.

FluffyQuack

In case it's useful, this is how I launch SF5 via my mod manager:
Code:

ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "steam://rungameid/310950", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWDEFAULT);

That method has been reliable for me.
Edited by FluffyQuack, Aug 12 2016, 08:53 PM.

Frosthaven
Member Avatar

I'm actually using that shell command ^

I do notice that if steam isn't running and you launch a steam link it can take some time for the platform to start up, not sure if related.
Edited by Frosthaven, Aug 13 2016, 02:39 AM.

robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

@Frosthaven:
I have tested your PMM and his MM in both Steam isn't running and Steam is already running, PMM does nothing at all while MM runs the game just fine.

Frosthaven
Member Avatar

@robhal

Alright, made a minor tweak and updated the original download link if you don't mind testing it out again. Because electron relies on web technologies for ui, it's entirely possible that the steam:// link was being handled as a url link (which in a normal browser would require you to agree to launch the external application). As a resolution, I adjusted this to be 100% native.

Thanks again for the report!
Edited by Frosthaven, Aug 13 2016, 03:55 AM.

robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

@Frosthaven:
Thanks for the update, now the Launch Game button works properly.

Now I have another thing to report, when I import some MM mods (with proper folder structure), PMM lists them as installed but when I run the game the mods aren't there. From my inspection it turns out that with importing MM mods PMM only writes the entry into its own pmm.manifest but doesn't update the dlc.manifest automatically, we have to make sure to click the Refresh button before we run the game or we can just exit PMM and re-run again to let it do the startup synchronization routine.

Frosthaven
Member Avatar

@robhal Fixed in 2.0.2

In order to not kill myself I'm going to keep the main changelog and description on the reddit page, but I'll be subscribed here as well so that if anyone needs support or just want to yell at me for something not working I'll be available for it. Thanks again!

As soon as Urien drops, I'll have a more informed roadmap so that I can start adding automatic updates and doing code refactoring. I just want to make sure Capcom doesn't abandon the dlc.manifest system before then (even if it's unlikely)
Edited by Frosthaven, Aug 13 2016, 07:05 AM.

robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

@Frosthaven:
Nice and fast update again, thank you :)

It's okay to leave the description and changelog on the reddit page, as long as you let people here know that those info are there instead (and I can see you have written it too).

I don't think Capcom will abandon the dlc.manifest system as it actually had been used since patch 1.02/1.03 (back then there is still no such file like Ver10xx_Steam.pak, they just used it to put the game version info).

Frosthaven
Member Avatar

In that case, I'll be working on automatic update checks through my release server. This will probably be done in the next day or two depending on how much time I have to commit to it.

Posted Image
Edited by Frosthaven, Aug 13 2016, 12:15 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tutorials and Tools · Next Topic »
Add Reply