Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
Little guide to hide some costume parts; (by using Capcom's special hider material file)
Topic Started: Oct 31 2016, 06:48 AM (2,884 Views)
robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

Imo, I think this is pretty much the same technique Capcom uses to make Urien become naked or to hide some parts from recently Swimwear/CPT/Halloween costumes when we press the certain button combination. I able to make this guide after studying what nepafu did with his Cammy & Chun-Li's No Fur/Feather mod for their CPT costumes, and then after some experiments I also able to make the steps more simple too.

Here is how I do:
1. Download the file below, this is the file Capcom uses to make Urien C2 become naked by hiding all his clothes parts (except ofc his thong). Actually there are several files beside Urien's one that can do the same thing, but I choose this one because it has the longest filename.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f3da7fmi775dymt/CMI_CMN_E06_Invisible_Inst.uasset

2. Copy that file above to the Material folder of your chosen costume/mod, for example: I try to hide Ken's gi, so I copy the file to "Ken_01_NoDougi\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\A36\SkelMesh\01\Material" folder.

3. Check the filename that Ken's gi material uses, for example: it's "CM_A36_01_Dougi.uasset", so we rename the "CMI_CMN_E06_Invisible_Inst.uasset" become "CM_A36_01_Dougi.uasset".

4. Open the file "CM_A36_01_Dougi.uasset" with hex editor, you will see the screen like this (I use Hex Workshop)
Posted Image
5. Change the file and folder reference from Urien C2 (BF5 and 02) to Ken C1 (A36 and 01), then also proceed to rename the Urien's hider material filename (CMI_CMN_E06_Invisible_Inst) to Ken's gi material filename (CM_A36_01_Dougi). You will notice that the new filename is shorter than the old filename, so to solve it, we just need to make all remaining letters from the old filename become "nothing" by typing 00 (double zero) in the hex section on left part of the screen (see below, the one with red color)
Posted Image
6. Save the file, and then install the mod with MM or PMM, and finally run the game to see the result
Posted Image
Note:
1. You can see that Ken's gi is gone but unfortunately his pants is also gone as well. To only make his pants still intact while the gi is gone, you gonna need the mesh modding skill for this matter (not the scope of this guide). But the point of this guide is to make his gi gone and it does work here, right? And it does make the gi completely gone as you can see the screenshot above, the pants' shadow is not visible. I also hide Guile's glasses using the same guide.

2. This guide can only be used to hide the costume parts that has a clearly defined material file (for example, Guile's glasses, Ken's gi, Bison's hat, Cammy's fur coat, etc). If the part you want to hide doesn't have the material file, you can't use this guide (must resort to mesh modding skill instead).

Credit:
Capcom, for providing a nice "hider" file
nepafu, for his mods that use this technique which inspired me to make this guide.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

I just found something interesting.

In the guide above, I said that "I think this is pretty much the same technique Capcom uses to make Urien become naked or to hide some parts from recently Swimwear/CPT/Halloween costumes when we press the certain button combination", right? Well in Juri's Halloween costume, when we use the button combination it hides her horns and tail. I discover that the horns is tied with the "Shoe" material and the tail is tied with the "Leather" material, then I try to hide them with the guide above and instead what I get is not only the horns and tail are gone but also the shoes and the belt are gone as well.

Now this is somehow of what I expect to see if judging from the material name, but what make this matter interesting is how exactly Capcom can only hide her horns and tail without also hiding the shoes and the belt?

NiceEnderdragon
Member Avatar

@robhal
I've tried to do this to R.Mika's sandals, just to try if it works. (it didn't)
This happened: http://imgur.com/a/icEtr
As you can see, her shirt is transparent, and her sandals are a bit misplaced.
Do you know why this happens?

robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

@NiceEnderdragon:
Sorry can't help you atm because I have trouble accessing my computer right now.

Thunderer

Would this work on Nash's glasses?
Because they are kinda a part of his face...

robhal
Member Avatar
Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!

@Thunderer:
If you can see the material's name (like Guile's glasses), then it should work.

Thunderer

I looked at the files from Nash's Premium Costume but their is only mask.uasset which I guess is his Ninja Mask thing.

KrizmKazm
Member Avatar

NiceEnderdragon
Nov 8 2016, 09:17 AM
@robhal
I don't know why that happened but I've been looking for a way to implement transparency.
I didn't think it was possible until I saw the screenshot you posted. Super interesting!
The possibilities...

nepafu
Member Avatar

robhal
Oct 31 2016, 08:59 AM
I just found something interesting.

In the guide above, I said that "I think this is pretty much the same technique Capcom uses to make Urien become naked or to hide some parts from recently Swimwear/CPT/Halloween costumes when we press the certain button combination", right? Well in Juri's Halloween costume, when we use the button combination it hides her horns and tail. I discover that the horns is tied with the "Shoe" material and the tail is tied with the "Leather" material, then I try to hide them with the guide above and instead what I get is not only the horns and tail are gone but also the shoes and the belt are gone as well.

Now this is somehow of what I expect to see if judging from the material name, but what make this matter interesting is how exactly Capcom can only hide her horns and tail without also hiding the shoes and the belt?

Posted Image
It appears that the horns and tail are separate, at least in the fbx file provided by BrutalAce. I don't know how the game discerns which is which but it seems that there is no trickery going on at all. I've seen that with a lot more costumes and I wonder how to distinguish between each of them.

KrizmKazm
Nov 14 2016, 02:49 PM
NiceEnderdragon
@robhal
I don't know why that happened but I've been looking for a way to implement transparency.
I didn't think it was possible until I saw the screenshot you posted. Super interesting!
The possibilities...

I think the jacket is just misplaced, that's what happens when the game can't find the material for the model.

NiceEnderdragon
Member Avatar

KrizmKazm
Nov 14 2016, 02:49 PM
NiceEnderdragon
@robhal
The possibilities...
I've taken some more screenshots, Showing the transparent jacket and the misplaced sandals. I also noticed that her armband is misplaced as well.
http://imgur.com/a/WMUqi
http://imgur.com/a/B7VBp

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tutorials and Tools · Next Topic »
Add Reply