Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Add Reply
[RELEASE] Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool; A simple and extensible way to replace Tekken 7 music
Topic Started: Aug 21 2017, 09:36 PM (106,653 Views)
ThePaSch

Posted Image

Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool
A simple and extensible way to share and replace Tekken 7 music

[Download v1.5]
10.19 MB

[Download Updated Default Music Pack (T1-TTT2) - Volume Fixed!]

1. Description and Purpose

The Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool allows for easy replacement of existing background music in Tekken 7 for the PC. Simple to use and extensible, it aims to be the primary means for the Tekken 7 modding community to share their custom music mods and allow users to be flexible in their choice of preferred music. Anyone can create additional music packs for use with this tool, making it the easiest way to adjust and cater to every aspect of your personal musical needs.

2. Requirements
  • Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher

3. Instructions
  • Download and extract the tool in a location of your choice
  • Download the Default Music Pack or generate and import your own soundbanks for use with the tool (find the tutorial further down this post)
  • Place any music packs in the /BGM/ directory (which has to be located in the same directory the tool is run from)
  • Launch the tool and choose your preferred background music for each individual stage, then select "Generate .pak"
  • The tool will generate a "Jukebox.pak" in the same directory it's run from
  • Place "Jukebox.pak" in your "TEKKEN 7/TekkenGame/Content/Paks/~mods" directory (if it doesn't already exist, create it)
  • Launch the game and enjoy your new music!

4. Donations

Click here to donate
Donations aren't required, and I will never bug anyone about them, but greatly appreciated. Any amount tremendously helps me out. Donating won't only fill you with the warm feeling of having done a good deed, but also rewards you with my eternal gratitude!

5. Special Thanks
  • HelixShot, for putting me on the right path to the solution for FR stage BGM replacements
  • xRuneXero, for compiling an extensive list of soundbank IDs for the default game BGMs, which I shamelessly parsed and converted for use with the stage list in this tool

6. Frequently Asked Questions / Known Issues
  • Does this tool work online?
    Since it only locally replaces non-gameplay relevant data that does not affect your opponent's game in any way, using it online should be completely fine. There is, however, no guarantee, and I can't say for 100% certainty that there won't be any problems.

• I can't replace the menu and character select music, or the BGM for any of the Fated Retribution stages!
    This has been fixed in v1.1. Please update your Jukebox Tool.

• I'm getting an error message "The size of the selected soundtrack's stub is larger than the original soundtrack's stub" when trying to set BGM for a Fated Retribution stage!
    This has been fixed in v1.4. Please update your Jukebox Tool.

• The tool tells me that a Jukebox.pak has been created, but it doesn't actually exist! / My Jukebox.pak file is 0kb!
    This has been fixed in v1.2. Please update your Jukebox Tool.

• I set the main menu and character select themes to default, but I can't hear anything in-game!
    This has been fixed in v1.1. Please update your Jukebox tool.

• My replaced background music is really quiet?
    Try downloading the updated Default Music Pack. It should contain fixes for the low volume that many users have been complaining about. If it still contains a track that doesn't match to the official BGM in volume, please let me know so that I can fix it.

7. Release Notes

• v1.5 (Nov 30 2017)
      • Added support for Howard Estate and Tekken Bowl BGM replacements
      • Jukebox.pak will now be generated as Jukebox_P.pak for DLC compatibility reasons

• v1.4 (Sep 13 2017)
      • The soundbank is now completely rebuilt upon generation of Jukebox.pak (instead simply being modified)
      • As a result, stub sizes are no longer an issue, and every track can be switched out for any other track

• v1.2 (Sep 09 2017)
      • U4Pak is now shipped as a pre-compiled, self-contained binary executable file that should work with the vast majority of setups
      • As a result, Python 2.7 is no longer required
      • Fixed an issue where the program would incorrectly state that Jukebox.pak has been successfully generated, even when it hasn't

• v1.1 (Aug 22 2017)
      • Fixed an issue where the modified soundbank would not be written to disk from memory in some cases, causing FR stages and menu music to not play properly upon replacement

• v1.0 (Aug 22 2017)
      • Initial release

Addendum: Creating your own music packs
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by ThePaSch, Dec 10 2017, 12:18 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nayrooga

Tried it. Great work on something a lot of people have been requesting. Works well except for the volume issue you discussed earlier.

Any reason why the TTT1 Character Select theme isn't working? It's the only one I've tried that hasn't worked at all.
Edited by Nayrooga, Aug 21 2017, 11:01 PM.

Natsu x Ken
Member Avatar

Nayrooga

Any reason why the TTT1 Character Select theme isn't working? It's the only one I've tried that hasn't worked at all.

Same problem but only with customization menu music.

AtillaBosma

0kb .Pak file after generating a Jukebox.pak?

Do I just put the old tekken soundtrack folders in there, or do I take them out of the folder then put them in BGM for it to work?

Update: Ignore that, forgot to change the python PATH from 3.6 to 2.7.

Update 2: It seems that a lot of the replacements don't work, it just plays nothing at all for Character Select, G-Corp Helipad, Infinite Azure and Arena.

Not sure about other stages, but it seems like the same restriction as before is still there.
Edited by AtillaBosma, Aug 22 2017, 01:03 AM.

xRuneXero
Member Avatar

AtillaBosma
Aug 22 2017, 12:15 AM
0kb .Pak file after generating a Jukebox.pak?

Do I just put the old tekken soundtrack folders in there, or do I take them out of the folder then put them in BGM for it to work?

Update: Ignore that, forgot to change the python PATH from 3.6 to 2.7.

Update 2: It seems that a lot of the replacements don't work, it just plays nothing at all for Character Select, G-Corp Helipad, Infinite Azure and Arena.

Not sure about other stages, but it seems like the same restriction as before is still there.
Same :( FR stages and main menu, etc, not working.

ThePaSch

I'm investigating. FR stages and menus should and have worked on the machines I had access to for testing; unfortunately, they weren't exactly numerous. Stand by.
Edited by ThePaSch, Aug 22 2017, 04:52 AM.

xRuneXero
Member Avatar

ThePaSch
Aug 22 2017, 04:51 AM
I'm investigating. FR stages and menus should and have worked on the machines I had access to for testing; unfortunately, they weren't exactly numerous. Stand by.
If it helps, when I unpacked the Jukebox.pak it created after replacing a FR stage song, it only had a .wem file in there, not sure if there's supposed to be more because it's an FR stage.

ThePaSch

I have released a fix for the issue where FR stage replacements would not properly play. The download can be found in the first post (v1.1). I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

AtillaBosma

Alright, lemme test out if the fixes worked.

Update: It all works, thanks for the quick fix.
Edited by AtillaBosma, Aug 22 2017, 05:30 AM.

xRuneXero
Member Avatar

ThePaSch
Aug 22 2017, 05:18 AM
I have released a fix for the issue where FR stage replacements would not properly play. The download can be found in the first post (v1.1). I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Mistakes like these happen, your tool is already a blessing after no progress on music for so long. :thumbs:
I'll test it out and give my feedback aswell.

EDIT: Working great! This is fantastic :D
Edited by xRuneXero, Aug 22 2017, 05:27 AM.

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tekken 7 · Next Topic »
Add Reply