Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition PC modding thread; MKKE PC tools, tutorials, mods, etc...
Topic Started: Jul 7 2013, 07:33 AM (622,210 Views)
unclefestor
Member Avatar

@Scorpion

That depends use the following command line to export ALL the texture2D files for the character and see if there is anything else in there that you can paint. Other than that there will be some parts that won't keep colors correctly. You might need to also change the spec, norm, and pmsk files for those parts incase the color you're using isn't compatible.

CMD Line : umodel -nomesh -noanim -dds -export
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scorpion

unclefestor
Aug 2 2013, 01:34 PM
@Scorpion

That depends use the following command line to export ALL the texture2D files for the character and see if there is anything else in there that you can paint. Other than that there will be some parts that won't keep colors correctly. You might need to also change the spec, norm, and pmsk files for those parts incase the color you're using isn't compatible.

CMD Line : umodel -nomesh -noanim -dds -export
Yeah that's the command I'm using and I've gone through all the folders after using the 'extract.exe' from the 'MK9TextureTool_V3' as well. I have all the Texture2D files as well as the DDS counterparts. I've opened each file for both Jade and Kitana and they both have the exact same Texture files (minus the weapons of course).

morosenoodle over on the mksecrets.net boards explains this problem really well:
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/viewtopic.php?p=71932#p71932

Rich246
Member Avatar
Can't touch this.
Johnny Cage always wanted to play The Joker in a movie, so now I present his cosplay

Joker-Cage:

Download

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Download

unclefestor
Member Avatar

Yeah not really. He's not really explaining anything. And the reply about the different colored parts would be the pmsk file which doesn't really change the color but rather the tone & texture { in my experience anyway}

unclefestor
Member Avatar

@scorpion

Tell me what parts of the MK2 costume your having color problems with and I'll see if I can get it to work then I'll let you know what needs to be done :)

Scorpion

unclefestor
Aug 2 2013, 03:23 PM
@scorpion

Tell me what parts of the MK2 costume your having color problems with and I'll see if I can get it to work then I'll let you know what needs to be done :)
I've tinkered with coloring all the following files with no luck aside from making blends with the standard blue color of her costume, like coloring the Diff and Spec files Yellow and getting a Green tone:

RetroNinja_Female_MK2_DetailA_Norm.dds
RetroNinja_Female_MK2_DetailB_Norm.dds
RetroNinja_Female_MK2_Diff.dds
RetroNinja_Female_MK2_NormHQA.dds
RetroNinja_Female_MK2_Pmsk.dds
RetroNinja_Female_MK2_Spec.dds
Edited by Scorpion, Aug 2 2013, 03:28 PM.

alex4m

Scorpion
Aug 1 2013, 10:09 PM
alex4m
Aug 1 2013, 09:26 PM
Can you make a costume for kitana wearing black please?
Sure that will be an easy skin to do since I always keep my PSD files. Should be up either later tonight or tomorrow morning first thing.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Scorpion

alex4m
Aug 2 2013, 06:17 PM
Scorpion
Aug 1 2013, 10:09 PM
alex4m
Aug 1 2013, 09:26 PM
Can you make a costume for kitana wearing black please?
Sure that will be an easy skin to do since I always keep my PSD files. Should be up either later tonight or tomorrow morning first thing.
Thank you. Much appreciated.
You're welcome, I posted it up last night just an FYI. :D

Aax Eren Yaeger xaA
Member Avatar
I Will Kill The Titans
Is the toasty guy skinnable? I'd learn to skin just to skin him if it's simple to just place some white text with black outline there in free software ;). That way I'd be encouraged to uppercut way more to win the toasty boost lotto for udb+2 or whatever the boost is for the particular character bdd+3 duu+2 udd+2 etc.

Also did that Shang Tsung Costume 2 Get released yet? I looked through the posts but didn't see a download link.
Edited by Aax Eren Yaeger xaA, Aug 2 2013, 07:33 PM.

Rich246
Member Avatar
Can't touch this.
Aax Eren Yaeger xaA
Aug 2 2013, 07:31 PM
Is the toasty guy skinnable? I'd learn to skin just to skin him if it's simple to just place some white text with black outline there in free software ;). That way I'd be encouraged to uppercut way more to win the toasty boost lotto for udb+2 or whatever the boost is for the particular character bdd+3 duu+2 udd+2 etc.

Also did that Shang Tsung Costume 2 Get released yet? I looked through the posts but didn't see a download link.
I'd assume he is editable, but for what you want to work, he would have to be edited for EVERY kombatant, meaning, if he is 1 DDS file, then you would have to switch out files for whichever kombatant you are using at the time.

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition · Next Topic »
Add Reply