Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke 'buried in Sardinia'
Topic Started: Nov 14 2013, 04:41 PM (402 Views)
Pinkulilly
Member Avatar


Posted Image

Isili, 11 Nov. (AKI) - Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke has been buried in a disused graveyard inside a prison in central Sardinia, an ex-inmate has claimed in an interview with a local newspaper.
Evelino Loi said he recognised the graveyard from photos published last week with an article in Italian daily La Repubblica last week claiming the former SS officer was interred in a numbered grave in a disused cemetery within an unnamed Italian prison in late October.
"I know this is true, because Priebke is buried several metres from my father," Loi told the Nuova Sardegna daily.
"I spent year in Isili in 1976. My father Eugenio was buried in the prison cemetery after his death in detention there in 1947 and I have a picture that I l took of his grave, which I tended almost every day during my detention," said Loi.
"That is the place, I have absolutely no doubt," Loi said.
Loi said friends backed up his claims and after "strange goings-on" were noted at Isili one night at the end of October, authorities had boosted the number of prison guards there, he said.
"It's unbearable for me that the executioner who killed all those people without remorse should end up next to a poor man like my father, who died in jail for stealing a piece of donkey meat," Loi said.
A Rome military tribunal convicted Priebke in 1996 of the 1944 reprisal killings in Rome of 335 men and boys including 75 Jews in Rome's Ardeatine caves, Italy's worst World War II atrocity. He never repented the crime.
Priebke's lawyer Paolo Giachini refused either to confirm or deny the burial location.
"Officials have been sworn to silence, but someone has blabbed," was his only comment, cited by La Nuova Sardegna on Monday.
Priebke was at the centre of an international furore after his death in Rome on 11 October under house arrest at the age of 100 as officials in Italy and in his German homeland struggled to find a burial site for him amid fears it would become a neo-Nazi shrine.
The Vatican issued an unprecedented ban on his funeral in any church in Rome and the city's mayor Ignazio Marino ruled out a burial there.
A funeral rite organised by renegade ultra-traditionalist priests in the town of Albano Laziale south of Rome was halted amid street riots.
Argentina, where he escaped after World War II and lived until his extradition to Italy in 1995, also refused to bury Priebke, sealing his reputation as in international pariah.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
yoshimitsu
Member Avatar


I'm not surprised, as usual all the scum from Italy have to be dumped in Sardinia! :facepalm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
caesium
Member Avatar
Super Admin

yoshimitsu
Nov 16 2013, 12:01 PM
I'm not surprised, as usual all the scum from Italy have to be dumped in Sardinia! :facepalm:
At least this time the scum is inoffensive, not as the toxic wastes or mafia coming in Sardinia from the italian peninsula and from Sicily.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Pearl
Member Avatar


caesium
Nov 16 2013, 12:04 PM
yoshimitsu
Nov 16 2013, 12:01 PM
I'm not surprised, as usual all the scum from Italy have to be dumped in Sardinia! :facepalm:
At least this time the scum is inoffensive, not as the toxic wastes or mafia coming in Sardinia from the italian peninsula and from Sicily.
Unfortunately, if will be established that Priebke is really buried in Isili, the town could become a place of pilgrimage for neo-Nazis. :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Babborcu
Member Avatar


It's a rumor, not a confirmed news.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Enigma
Member Avatar


Babborcu
Nov 16 2013, 12:49 PM
It's a rumor, not a confirmed news.
Yes, the news is not confirmed, and probably will never be confirmed, the authorities have explicitly said that the Priebke's grave will have to remain a secret.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Dust Devil
Member Avatar


They should "throw" him into the sea, how the americans did with Bin Laden!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Dust Devil
Member Avatar


Babborcu
Nov 16 2013, 12:49 PM
It's a rumor, not a confirmed news.
It's a rumor, whose reliability is quite possible. Germany and Argentina refused to take the corpse, and Sardinia is the only region in Italy where the Nazis, during 3 years of military occupation, didn't commit any war crime, leaving the island without fighting, so Sardinia is the ideal place (according to the authorities) where bury this criminal on the italian soil, without the risk to cause serious protests among the people, contrary to what that happened in other places.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Under Pressure created by sakuragi-kun of the Zetaboards Themezone
Flag Counter