Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Sacred.
Topic Started: Jun 7 2014, 04:17 PM (104 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
I hold some things as sacred. Wholly, mystically sacred. I will not stand by and allow desecration of these things if there is anything I can do about it. Mostly, all one can do is walk away and not be there for it, but sometimes things are different, and then, it's not like that.

Perhaps I attach too much importance to our forum, and only today did I become fully aware of what I was doing when I created it. Many would, and do, think it is about me, and no more than a vehicle for myself. They are wrong. It is not about me, or even about whatever I might have to say.

What I have done, and continue to be in the process of doing, is to create an environment where like-minded people can learn, share, and experience what interests them above all else. Very, very few have, or will ever have, experienced actual spiritual enlightenment. While there always exists the possibility that they will. This forum aims to be a place where the very next best thing to the actual experience, exists. A way-station, perhaps, for one's own transcendence.

Some, at least, have, and will, have had the actual experience. And here may speak of it. Without ridicule, and without trouble.
And this is what I hold sacred: along with reverence for Reality, and the workings of the cosmos, the describing of these most sacred of things.

Reality, and Dharma. Sacred. And any temple in which these things are spoken of: sacred.

And to those many, to whom nothing is sacred, I suggest a visit to any other place on the internet, which is a medium in which next to nothing counts-for, or means, anything.

Edited by crow, Jun 7 2014, 04:19 PM.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
Why can't I think of something clever to write?

Is it because you have said it all, crow? Or is it because I am simply not clever enough?

I could write both ways:

I could praise your words endlessly. But then I would fear losing myself.
Should I not have an 'opinion' too?

Or

I could try to say something 'clever' - even though I'd really have nothing more to say.
I could try to 'outclever' you - regardless of the fact that you weren't even trying to be 'clever' to begin with. Ignore truth, and highlight myself - that's what I would do.

Why can't I just pick one of these two responses?
Because at the end of the day, there's no need to.

What you speak of is the only thing that matters. Not you.
What I speak of is the only thing that matters. Not I.
Therefore, it is nonsensical to respond in terms of you and I. Praise, or 'cleverness'.

Do we say the same thing?

Yes. But the words come from different places, brains, thoughts, 'stuff'. - But this 'stuff' doesn't matter the slightest bit.

What the 'stuff' is made of does matter, though. And this I praise endlessly.
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

crow
Member Avatar
One
Heh :) For having no reply to make, that was a darned good one!

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
And now I will make another one :)

I greatly appreciate the way you encourage the poster of posts that you like. It is a sign of great humility - in that it inspires me with great humility. Thank you!
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

Stencilmania
Member Avatar
Blue
All great discussions occur when there is nothing to protect. Even if the folks on this forum have been inspired by the sacrosanct image, Crow, you do a very good job at making everybody feel as if they're a part of the discussion here. I admire this- for you also are even-handed at doling out 'reproach' (can I call it this?)

Back to my first thingie, I find that when you're amongst friends, you no longer have to save face. This forum encourages this informality, yet desires to cultivate a better relationship to reality itself.

For this reason, I too admire your efforts, as well as the comments of every honest poster here.
Edited by Stencilmania, Jun 8 2014, 12:56 AM.
Change alone is unchanging. --- Heraclitus //////// To the ego, the world is an infinite leap away. To the world, there is nothing. This explains the breach.

crow
Member Avatar
One
What a great thread, long-buried and forgotten.
Thanks, 'Guest', for searching it out and reading it, thereby prompting me to bump it into visibility.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Secrets of Life · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone