Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Donald Trump.
Topic Started: Aug 30 2015, 11:38 AM (1,443 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
How do you feel about the phenomenon of Donald Trump?
My wife and I find ourselves wildly, eagerly, bemused by his unheard-of approach to the entirely predictable, utterly dishonest realm of politics and politicians.
We've never seen anything like him, and probably, neither has anyone else.
I find myself cheering him on, in an oddly detached kind of way, as a sort of last-ditch ray of hope for a civilization that topples before my eyes.
The really odd thing about him, among many really odd things, is his switch from democrat to republican: left to right, which has partisans from both camps not quite trusting his motives, yet unable to articulate specifically why.
He seems completely bulletproof: nothing throws him. Nothing injures him. And nothing, but nothing derails him or causes him to reverse or apologize.
And that hair!

Posted Image

It's a fine thing to see the entire political correctness stormtrooper crew reduced to dazed chickens with their heads cut off, at the very mention of his name.
Go man, go :)

"Either you have a country, or you don't..."
The Trump.

Posted Image

"I yam what I yam..."
The Popeye.

Edited by crow, Aug 30 2015, 11:59 AM.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
Haha! Yes!

I don't really follow american politics, but the fact that he seemed to provoke a lot of outrage from a lot of people - people who are generally outraged by sanity, mind you - led me to watch a couple of interviews on youtube a couple of days ago. I liked what I saw.
He does seem sincere to me. Like he genuinly wants to help his country.
Also, there was something hilarious about the way he handled the reporter in one of the interviews - NBC, I think - that I watched. Let's just say he was very unimpressed with her performance.

Let's see how it goes. Could turn out interesting. In fact, it already is.
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

crow
Member Avatar
One
My wife watched him on TV the other day, for the first time, expecting to not like him. And came away wide-eyed and smiling, filled with enthusiasm.
Whatever it is that The Trump has got, he's got a truck-load of it.

This I have in common with him: whatever comes along, he can deal with it. He lives in the moment, and has a clear view of the road ahead.

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
I had a similar experience. I didn't expect to like him - but I did.

The guy is determined.
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

crow
Member Avatar
One
That's how he amassed such a fortune. Full speed ahead, and bandits be damned.
I can easily imagine far worse ways to run a country, than as a corporation.
What his opponents so hate about him, is his love for his country: how very unfashionable!
And the very thing that draws huge numbers of disenchanted patriots to his cause.

Edited by crow, Aug 30 2015, 12:31 PM.

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
"The word is simplification"
-D.T.
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

welkyn
No Avatar
Black
No idea if what he says is true or not, but he's definitely got something going for him. I have no interest in politics, other than "Scottish Independence" (which, for me, is more about having people develop a proper relationship with their land [which, by all rights, ought be their livelihood]).

xor
Member Avatar
Ascetic
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/31/politics/kanye-west-2020-running-for-president-vma/

Morning dose of loss of faith in humanity...

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
Haha! Yes, I saw that as well.
Humanity - or a very large part of it, at least - seems positively determined to loose all faith in itself. Why would someone like Kayne West be elevated onto superstar-status if it wasn't for that?
Anyway: Let 'em. As long as I'm not forced to listen to any of his (supposed) 'music' ;)
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

crow
Member Avatar
One
I first became aware of this general aspiration to superstardom during the faux-golden days of Bob Dylan.
Suddenly, everybody could sort-of learn to strum a guitar, sing like a garbage-disposal unit, and become a folk-rock-idol.
Neil Young followed. Suddenly everybody wanted to be him, and strove to copy him.
Now it's politics. If Trump can do it, surely anybody can. And much better than that redneck asshole.

When life itself becomes utterly surreal, it is best to stand back and decline involvement in what is really no longer life at all.
I am content to watch Trump do his Trump-thing, and cheer him on while he does it. What a show!
But it really has nothing whatsoever to do with me.
Edited by crow, Sep 1 2015, 10:32 AM.

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
On another note: A word can sometimes be very revealing.

From dictionary.com

Quote:

Trump

noun:

Cards.
any playing card of a suit that for the time outranks the other suits, such a card being able to take any card of another suit.
Often, trumps. ( used with a singular verb) the suit itself.

Informal. a fine person; brick.

verb (used with object):

Cards. to take with a trump.

to excel; surpass; outdo.

verb (used without object):

Cards.
to play a trump.
to take a trick with a trump.

Verb phrases:

trump up, to devise deceitfully or dishonestly, as an accusation; fabricate:
Try as they might, they were unable to trump up a convincing case against him.
Edited by SorenL, Sep 3 2015, 03:45 AM.
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

crow
Member Avatar
One
"Nellie the elephant packed her trunk, and said goodbye to the circus.
Off she went with a trumpety-trump, trump, trump, trump..."

From an English children's song, back in the stone-age.

The Donald may be a messiah for our age. Whatever a messiah is. Whatever it is, Obama certainly wasn't it.
Hail Trump! Trumpety, trump, trump, trump!

crow
Member Avatar
One
I find The Trump to be an astonishingly refreshing example of everything that is wrong with what has come to be the human condition. Not that I find anything much wrong with him. What I am referring to is the sheer weight and magnitude of the written output of his many detractors...
Trump is what he is. He says what he means. He means what he says.
Yet, to so many, there is no way of knowing what Trump is, what he means by what he says, or if he says what he means.
All they seem able to decide is that he does not 'act' like a politician 'should' act.
Missing the point that he doesn't 'act' at all, because they've never seen anyone who doesn't act, before.

What you get is a flood of analyses as to why Trump is bad, rotten, dangerous and generally a joke, by people who display with every word that they, themselves, are bad, rotten, dangerous and generally a joke.

Whether or not Trump wins what he is hoping to win, if indeed he even hopes to win it, he has already turned the political establishment on its head and shown it up for what it is.

crow
Member Avatar
One
I saw an interesting comment, yesterday, from a Trump supporter:

"The more the media demonizes Trump, the more popular he becomes. The more popular Trump becomes, the more the media demonizes him. The more the media demonizes Trump, the more popular he becomes. The more popular Trump becomes, the more the media demonizes him...."

Edited by crow, Sep 18 2015, 01:34 PM.

xor
Member Avatar
Ascetic
"Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser - having a healthy ego, or high opinion of yourself, is a real positive in life!"

- Donald Trump

crow
Member Avatar
One
He's not the world's most spiritually adept, that's for sure. But whatever else he has, he has it in spades.
I'd love to be his spiritual adviser :)
Edited by crow, Sep 19 2015, 06:39 PM.

SnowFox
No Avatar
White
Supporting him. First high-visibility political figure that I've felt I can support in this country since turning 18. I'm not surprised by the transition from one party to the other. The US 'right' has never really been about what makes for a functional society. It's always been adulterated with other, ideological elements, which would be recognised as revolutionary and subversive in any traditional context.

Oh, and he's half Scottish.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Wow! A post from our ace lurker :)
Things are looking up.
You hit the nail on the head, there: he is half Scottish. That explains everything.

Now he's blowing away his opposition by actually coming up with in-depth, workable master-plans for the most pressing national concerns. He seems to have a lot in common with a nuclear preemptive strike. Go man GO!

Enter Alec Baldwin, a fading Hollywood movie star, to add his two cents worth to the anti-everything crowd.
There seem only to be two basic types of politically oriented people:
On the Right, those who quietly like to get on with their lives and be left alone.
On the Left, those who covet fame, obsessed with saying the right things, assuming the right stances, to gain admiration and praise from others.

Alec - like so many other left-wing types - likes the idea of world peace.
Or, perhaps, likes to say he does, so he will appear superior to anyone who doesn't mention this impossible thing.
He doesn't like Hillary Clinton, or Donald Trump, because they haven't yet specifically mentioned world peace as their number one concern.

Fame. Lust for fame. Dependency upon the opinions of others. Looking good. Manipulation of emotions.
The average conservative has no time for these nonsensical pursuits, preferring instead to deal directly with Reality.

Edited by crow, Oct 1 2015, 11:34 AM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Trump continues to be amazing.
The Left - and its pet media - blunders around, completely nonplussed about how to counter him.
Nobody has dared, for so long a time, to not be cowed by them, that they simply don't know what to do.
All the smears, all the accusations, all the hatred, have absolutely no effect upon him.
The world has changed.
Thank you Don.
Somebody had to be the first to push back, and it fell to you to be that someone.

crow
Member Avatar
One
All the latest doings of The Trump can be found here:
http://www.trump.news/

Politics has never been so entertaining.

crow
Member Avatar
One
It's astonishing the lengths to which the media is going, to try to destroy the invulnerable Trump. One has to wonder at it.
But here's some real journalism, even if it is apparently partisan:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/22/20-reasons-donald-trump-2016/

Edited by crow, Oct 23 2015, 12:58 AM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Wow. Here's some news that seems somewhat bad for The Trump. Bad for anybody else, anyway, but not necessarily for him...
http://www.redstate.com/2015/10/24/donald-trump-eaten-giant-african-lion/

crow
Member Avatar
One
Having read many articles by so-called 'pundits' pertaining to The Trump, I conclude that these pundits don't have a clue.
In fact, neither does practically anybody else.

The Trump is a law unto himself, and follows no known rules. This is what makes him what he is, and constitutes his value.

crow
Member Avatar
One
It suddenly came to me, what I so admire, like, am entertained by, in The Trump:
He parodies egomania!

If you're gonna do egomania, then it deserves to be done right, and by doing it to the extremes he does it, other lesser egomaniacs become ridiculously uncomfortable, and foam at the mouth, demanding his castration.

What he has is substance. Whereas lesser egomaniacs don't. He is full of himself, for real, whereas others are not. And those others just can't bear it.

He's the greatest show on earth :)

Good luck to him: it's about time someone like him exploded onto the political scene.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Trump recently spoke of Ben Carson's youthful violent temper as being something you can't 'cure', comparing it (something you can't cure) to the behavior of a child molester. Got that?
Was he calling Ben Carson a child molester?
Carly Fiorina then interrupted Trump, as she is so fond of doing, to 'challenge' him for comparing Carson to a child molester.

Why do I mention this? Well...
It's so very indicative of what people do to, and with, each other, all the time.
The mental processes of the listener are world's apart from those of the speaker, and vice-versa.
In this example, Trump absolutely did not compare Carson to a child molester, but used a rather unfortunate metaphor to describe a state of incurability regarding certain human traits.
And, typically, the words 'child' and 'molester', triggered a huge emotional detonation in Fiorina.

I run into this phenomenon all the time. I speak English. I use English words. I describe things. I employ metaphors.
Yet there is no way in the world to communicate with those people whose emotions are so out of control, because individual words trigger explosions that have nothing whatsoever to do with the content of the message.

I view Fiorina's attack as evidence of bad faith and ill will. Not remotely interested in verbal discussion, only in attacking and winning at the expense of the other party, under the guise of standing up for poor, downtrodden Carson.
She's actually a leftist feminist, then, running for the Republican Presidential Nomination.

Weird stuff goes on in the world of politics, and because of that, in society at large.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Current Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone