Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Appreciation: credit where credit is due.
Topic Started: Dec 12 2015, 02:55 PM (442 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
This month's big award goes to Racer Poet, who, in less than a month, has made 120 posts.
Close behind is Ardy, who is contributing more than could be reasonably expected.
Of course, sheer volume is no indicator of relative value, but in this case, and on this site, it is as good an indicator as any.
Thanks guys. I'm seriously glad you've come and shared yourselves with us.

Honorable mention also goes to Welkyn, who, at last glance was our top poster, and who we hope will magically reappear in the same manner he has magically disappeared.
Since the moment is the only moment that counts, this is not so far-fetched.

And to the rest of you schmucks who read but never post: thank you, too, for showing how worthwhile our site really is.
Without you, I could easily become discouraged and lethargic.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Veronique
Member Avatar
No Hoper
Thank you Crow and all the others in trying to explain what is most of the time inexplanable. There is much to learn here.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Many would disagree, but then, you can only learn what you - to some degree - already recognize.

xor
Member Avatar
Ascetic
Any advice for a guy with a good heart that suffers from extreme amotivation?

crow
Member Avatar
One
Yes. Supply more information with your question :)

xor
Member Avatar
Ascetic
This guy I know, well, he often has so much to say, but as soon as he starts to say it he then decides not to. The things he's able to actually say are not much better, as he is prone to habitually changing his mind about almost anything it is able to generate, be it even the finest detail. On the topic of details, he often sees them so finely, that for all intensive purposes, they are not even there. He doesn't doubt that there is something terribly wrong with such a person, but because he is how he is, he of course can't decide whether that even bothers him all that much. He escapes himself sometimes by falling asleep, but not very often.

crow
Member Avatar
One
A modern guy reacting adversely to modernity. Sensitive. Vulnerable. Not as sure of himself as he could be. Knowing it is a problem, but not really one, given that most everybody else has a far bigger one. Is that it?
If it is, here's my view...

Smile at it. Recognize it for what it is. Carry on fishing. Sooner or later, a big enough fish will offer itself up so that all the waiting was worthwhile. If it was easy, there'd be no fish left.

Anyway, not everybody even has a use for doing-stuff, acquiring confidence, knowledge, wisdom, or any great need to communicate it.
I personally don't fall into that category, but then, that's the nature of my problem.
Everybody has to deal with something. It's just that all those somethings are different for all those people.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I dont think this ever happened on any board I visited before. How strange!

Shout-outs to Racer Poet. Much deserved.
and to crow, who must have forgotten about his own contributions =)

Racer Poet
Member Avatar
First
Thank you for the award. I'm young, and no great master, but I have learned and observed a few things. That's why a lot of my posts are auto-biographical. I know what I have experienced, and that's about it. But I can say I've had more varied life experiences than your average 22 year old in this day and age.

I'm happy to get a forum with a worthwhile aim moving a little bit.

I would have started earlier but that damn e-mail never got sent :(
Edited by Racer Poet, Dec 13 2015, 01:27 PM.
Vroom!

crow
Member Avatar
One
It worked out fine, anyway. Meanwhile, many more experiences manifested.
On a side note: I have this weird condition - shared by my wife - where I'll read something, and rearrange the letters to say something else.
It can be entertaining, sometimes. For example:
Whenever I see the words 'Racer Poet', I initially see it as either 'Racer Pete' or 'Racer Puto'.
Being from the southwest, you probably know what 'Puto' means?
Makes me laugh, every time.
Nothing personal :)

Racer Poet
Member Avatar
First
I've gotten in fist-fights over that word, you poof.
Vroom!

crow
Member Avatar
One
Yet I am sure you can see the humor. Like I said, it's a condition. Did I ever mention I have a bit of brain-damage? Along with a bit of senility, as befits my years.

Racer Poet
Member Avatar
First
Yes of course I can, I was just playing around, as befits my years. And I know about your brain damage, but do you mind me asking how you got brain damaged? I'm curious
Edited by Racer Poet, Dec 13 2015, 01:39 PM.
Vroom!

crow
Member Avatar
One
Not breathing at all, for - in retrospect - almost two hours, before the medics penetrated my chest-cavity with a tube to reestablish the vacuum necessary for the lungs to re-inflate and at least partially function.
An interesting and hugely painful experience.
Who needs air, anyway?
See, I can still write and form interesting sentences.
The damage is pretty mild, considering.
Edited by crow, Mar 13 2017, 02:50 PM.

Racer Poet
Member Avatar
First
I had a feeling it had something to do with that collapsed lung. Hopefully I won't get lung-cancer with all the tobacco smoking I do. I've been trying to cut down.

Were you ever a cigarette smoker? You mentioned smoking an e-cig once.
Vroom!

crow
Member Avatar
One
Of course. I've done just about everything a human can do. But I have a very strong inbuilt moral code that prohibits certain things.
I've never injected drugs, for example. And never will.
Edited by crow, Dec 13 2015, 03:21 PM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
This month's big award goes to crow, for taking the time, and making the effort, to write lots of posts even when he has nothing to say. The rest of you swingin' dicks might take a leaf out of that book and do the same, from time to time.
And for those of you who do, already, there's an honorable mention due to you.

See? This is how you write a post without having anything to say.
Easy.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Let us welcome Simpleton as our new co-Admin.
His loyalty, persistence, constant presence, and post content, prompt this news.
Along with his age.

I'd like to think this special place might endure, beyond my span.
It may, or may not, but I'd be seriously remiss if I didn't at least facilitate that possibility.

Hip Hip...

crow
Member Avatar
One
Credit this month goes to Ardy: our most prolific and reliable poster.
Whether he has anything of great import to write about, or not, he makes the effort involved to contribute his share of what makes our site what it is.
Nobody has to shake the earth with amazing revelations; that is not the point.
The point is to participate, of course by reading, but also by making some slight motion, here and there, to signal some sign of life.

Thanks Ardy :)

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
crow recently reached a whopping 5000 posts. Big thanks to crow, for everything.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Well Oscar 683 is not too shabby either. Well Crow, talk about carrying the big weights, you do it so well....

crow
Member Avatar
One
I'm getting a bit lackadaisical lately, so big thanks to you enthusiastic fellows for taking up the slack.

crow
Member Avatar
One
This month's Star Prize goes to Silentpartner, not because she posts much, but because - come rain or shine - she stands by her man, and keeps him from becoming a statistic.
Very few women can hold a candle to her.
Or for that matter, very few men.

Edited by crow, Jan 30 2018, 06:05 PM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
February's grand prize must be awarded to Ted Swanson, for being the longest-ever continuously logged-on member, while simultaneously doing not-doing.
It may be that he has achieved Spiritual Enlightenment while under the influence of Secrets Of Life, and has decided that Heaven is better than the alternative, and thus is - so far - declining to return to Earth.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
crow
Jan 30 2018, 06:00 PM
This month's Star Prize goes to Silentpartner, not because she posts much, but because - come rain or shine - she stands by her man, and keeps him from becoming a statistic.
Very few women can hold a candle to her.
Or for that matter, very few men.

Silentpartner is so warm and generous and I never told her that because I'm really not very good with those things.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone