Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Belief.
Topic Started: Jan 26 2016, 01:29 AM (153 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
Do you believe in the air you breathe? The water you drink? The ground you walk upon?
Do you believe in your shoes? Your earwax? Your kitchen sink?
Do you believe you are alive? Or dead? Do you believe in the sun?
Why would you believe in God?

To believe something is to consider it, in your mind, reducing it from what it is, into an abstract idea, that you test for authenticity, substance, veracity, existence.

Thus you decide what you consider to be true, real, existing. In fact, you give it your permission to exist.

Do you really imagine you could do that with God? What sort of God would that be, that you weren't even sure it existed, or not?

Belief is probably the biggest barrier a human faces, to knowing God, or anything about God.

If it's in your mind, it isn't real. If you think it, it isn't real. If it's an idea, an explanation, an argument, a theory, it isn't real.

Your best chance at knowing God is by preparing empty space. In your mind. Empty. Inviting. Vacant.

God is everywhere that isn't filled with something that is not God.

Worth some consideration, perhaps.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
"God is everywhere that isn't filled with something that is not God."
This is a good line.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Good one Crow:
As soon as you imagine a god you put barriers up against it. Everything from that point on becomes human. That is why there are images of god everywhere. All from an imagination that grasps at an idea rather than a reality.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Funny how something written two and a half years ago can seem like it was written yesterday.
Half the content of the forum, I've forgotten ever existed.
Which makes for some great re-reading :)

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Yes, I have been doing a bit of browsing and it is amazing what is there. Takes some digging to get the real gems (unless you search Crow or Soren!!!).

If it is about reality then it never dates.

Here is a good description of what you have to deal with:

"Sometimes he appears to be a Fool, sometimes a wise man. Sometimes he seems splendid as a king, sometimes feeble-minded. Sometimes he is calm and silent. Sometimes he draws men to him. Sometimes people honor him greatly, sometimes they insult him. Sometimes they ignore him." Sri Shankara goes on: "The ignorant see the body of a knower of Brahman and identify him with it. Actually he is free from the body and every other kind of bondage. To him the body is merely a shadow."

crow
Member Avatar
One
"To him the body is merely a shadow."

That's eerily accurate. In a way that wouldn't have occurred to me. My body doesn't feel like 'my' body any more...
Difficult to enlarge further.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
also your claim about the reincarnation of Lao Tzu, I thought about it and if you are enlightened by his manner then you have inherited his legacy and therefore it is unlikely that there would be much between the two of you...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Meditation · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone