Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drugs
Topic Started: Feb 4 2016, 01:27 PM (153 Views)
Racer Poet
Member Avatar
Master
I am creating this thread for people to discuss drug use, because I don't think that it belongs on this site, but I know they are bound to come up. So let this be the Red Light District for the forum, if you have anything to say about drugs.

To my embarrassment, I have a history of drug abuse, and opiate addiction. I was addicted to smoking heroin as a teenager, kicked the habit at 19, and never looked back. I also tried speed a couple times, but I didn't even enjoy the effects it had on me, it made me manic, so that never became a habit. Nowadays I have even put down the booze, to my benefit.

Moving on, I see how recreational drugs are very spiritually damaging, and I frown upon their use. Here are my observations:

Opiates cause apathy. Physical addiction to them causes zombie like behavior and theft.
Coke and speed cause mania. Addiction to these substances causes psychotic behavior.
Cannabis seems like no big deal, but I've come to find it acts like a mild opiate, causing apathy and laziness.
Alcohol is fun, and doesn't seem to cause spiritual damage as long as it is used sparingly.
Vroom!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
It is good to have a minefield, is it not?
We have Kfir to thank for that.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Racer Poet
Member Avatar
Master
To paraphrase punk legend Iggy Pop, I hate drugs because I am not stupid enough to fully enjoy them.
Vroom!

crow
Member Avatar
One
Very insightful. The object being to get 'wasted'. I've always had a horror of waste.
Waste not, want not, and all that.
I caught typhoid fever, once, from continuing to eat a virulent hot-dog even though it tasted like - and was - poison.
I simply couldn't make myself waste it.
And ended up almost dead, and totally wasted, myself.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Najim26
No Avatar
White
The drugs can ruin your life so it is important that you realize on time and take a step to over it. My friend is also dealing with opiate addiction and has also joined addiction counseling Virginia center. I hope it works for him!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Minefield · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone