Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Scientists discover stuff...
Topic Started: Feb 11 2016, 12:02 PM (342 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
Scientists discover universe is not about them.

It seems that Einstein was 'right', whatever that means, and that there are things called 'gravity waves' out there, all over the place, and that things go on billions of light years away.
Yes. The universe is big. Very big. Which suggests that it might not be only about humans.
It might not depend entirely upon humans thinking it exists.

All this is known as 'news', and excites people who are excited about such things.
Does it excite you?
What is the net result of this new knowledge?
Does it matter?

I suppose it is understandable. Being so big, so alien, so uninterested in humans, the universe scares the crap out of humans.
So humans do what humans do, and try to control themselves, by trying to control it, and calling this activity 'knowledge'.
One has to wonder what this knowledge is good for.

Meanwhile, nothing has changed, apart from humans feeling even more clever, even more smug, than they did before.
Here: see what you make of it.

Edited by crow, Jun 1 2016, 06:27 PM.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Racer Poet
Member Avatar
First
Didn't you already discover the soundtrack to the universe? Didn't you say it is a constant hum?

Well whether you did or didn't, these guys won't care because the discovery wasn't made via thinking. In fact to them, you are the smug one for being above thinking.
Vroom!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
No doubt. The difference being that I do it without using up vast amounts of finite resources.
Dollar for dollar, spirituality has it in spades over the alternatives.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Racer Poet
Feb 11 2016, 12:24 PM
Didn't you already discover the soundtrack to the universe? Didn't you say it is a constant hum?

Well whether you did or didn't, these guys won't care because the discovery wasn't made via thinking. In fact to them, you are the smug one for being above thinking.
I did some work on this background noise with a group in the late 90's as a follow up to an experiment to discover what was left after we dropped all thoughts. The result was a natural background joy rising, then someone pointed out that there was a sort of hum that went with it. It seemed to us to be the sound (subliminally), of that continuous joy of life bubbling up.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Probably the sound of consciousness, period.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
I am quite excited about this discovery by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO). Now I will be reading my science sites to see what impact it is liable to have.

crow
Member Avatar
One
The impact is likely to be that Scientists Discover - naturally at great cost - that it was LGBT humans that created the universe, before moving on to more important things.
Edited by crow, Feb 11 2016, 06:27 PM.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Ha! yes and if not them then maybe our Aboriginals did it! What will be found is that their dances are a reflection of gravity waves.

I am still amazed that there are members of parliament who apologise for injustices from 200 years ago and all over Australia meetings start with the acknowledgement of the original Aboriginal owners. If they did not take it so seriously I would laugh out loud.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Well, there's a reason that you are here, among us.
We all have this one thing in common, among the various other things we also have in common:
An ability to discern the insanity of people, in general.

Which is why the latest insane one was exiled, yesterday. There's no room, here, for the insane, whose goal is to return us all to the fold of the insane-ones, by assassinating the sanest person in the room.

Humans are not especially good at being sane, well-adjusted, natural beings, who inhabit a natural life in a natural world.
We are blessed enough to be able to recognize this, and to aim at orienting ourselves with the natural, rather than with the unnatural.

crow
Member Avatar
One
When you become old enough, you get to witness just how inept science is, and scientists are.
They do these most astonishing flip-flops, over the years.
Scientists discovered that butter was good for you, and everybody started eating butter, and found that they liked it.
Then scientists discovered it was bad for you, and people started trying to give up eating butter, replacing it with margarine, which they didn't like as much.
Then scientifically-proven tests led people to believe that butter and margarine tasted the same, although they didn't.
And finally when everybody got used to the taste of margarine, scientists discovered that margarine was bad for you, and butter was better. So people started eating butter again, and margarine became disgusting goop that everybody shunned.
Then the whole process was repeated, over the years, and then again...

It's not just butter/margarine, of course. It's practically everything.

Scientists discover, eventually, that everything is bad for you, especially life. Life is always fatal.
Then scientists change their minds on that, too.

What use, exactly, are scientists?

crow
Member Avatar
One
Now scientists have discovered the most amazing thing: Girls like dolls. Yes, it's true.
Strangely, I had been under the impression that everybody already knew this, but no. Scientists have only just discovered it.
Maybe all the scientists are nine years old, or perhaps I am possessed of hidden knowledge unavailable to others.
To the best of my knowledge, girls have always liked dolls. Dolls kick-start a girl's maternal instincts. They like looking after drooling, screaming midgets.
Which is why boys aren't nearly as keen on dolls as girls are.

Secrets of Life.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Scientists have discovered that people who are interested in spirituality are - in fact - suffering from Epilepsy.
I'll bet you didn't know that!
I didn't, either.
Actually, all things considered: I still don't.

Edited by crow, Mar 10 2017, 03:53 PM.

Simpleton
No Avatar
Black
I must be an incredibly fortunate epileptic, I got through alcoholism without a single seizure! Praise the lord!

crow
Member Avatar
One
Scientists have now scientifically proved the non-existence of Heaven.
They're right: there are no scientists in Heaven.

Simpleton
No Avatar
Black
Do you have a link to whatever hilarity you read that moved you to post that?

crow
Member Avatar
One
Here, or one very similar.

SorenL
Member Avatar
Family Man
For a scientist, death, life and the universe itself are apparently phenomena of little interest in all other respects than in their relationship to scientific theories.
BOKAJDANNANNETTID

DMT
Member Avatar
Orange
Mash up is a topic I have thought of a lot lately.. Science like formal religion is a mashup in textual form of ideas about nature. It is identical to the mashup in Christianity called theology, and in Judaism called the Talmud.

In antiquity long long before writing, we would convey story live no recording of it. There was no books created to read ideas, then look at nature. In our aboriginal state there was just that nature, no nature channel on TV, no books "about" nature. Nature was home not a house. Today nature is a house or interpreted and perceived as a container object thing reduced into the cranium for manipulation..

Recently I have become more interested in root music. In American culture it's mountain music. It goes back into Irish music and Irish music goes back at least 4,000 years. Before, records in the early 20th century, root or mountain music was mashed up generarion after generation and passed orally. It was never written down it had to be conveyed by oral tradition.

Some of us find the literary intellectual mashup in culture to be what it is, nonsense as it becomes reality for most. My degree, theology, was the foundational degree in European culture, in 1094 the University Bologna and was called the Queen of Science. So I have a "science" degree in its original understanding In this literary culture. Now I mention I have this degree, and the best everyday usage of that degree was using my diploma as a fire starter, and then I could Toss some books on the fire, starting with the dictionary the, "God of words"... I like writing and reading but we are stuck in it culturally.

Because of books we today have a global population of 7.5 billion driven by the literary mashup, first in religion, and now in science. I actually do not care about the mess we make in context to nature. Mother will be just fine as painful to watch as it is. What culture does not understand in rendering nature dead, it now is confronted only with realization, nature alive or extinction. Or a totally unrealized awareness that has not happened yet. It will though.

At a simple level the pre-literate, aboriginal story noah is saying. From a pre-literate view with no separation between God and nature, nature speaks to noah, the people are not listening to nature and they die. We do not listen to nature today we talk about nature, that is all modern science and culture is doing, it's talking about, not listening to nature.

I say music, a wonderful thing, puts a nice fire in my left hand to burn down the castles, and I always keep my right hand on my daughters head for balance standing in the wilderness forest. . She is to some defective, she can't nor will she ever read, nor can she speak nor walk but she is complete. She loves music and so it's the language I prefer over books. I know a long winded ramble to bash my degree science, i mean theology, I mean Science etc etc etc. !! Sorry!!!!lol
Edited by DMT, Dec 24 2017, 06:32 AM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Scientists discover that the Star of Bethlehem was a UFO.
They go on to say that UFOs must be real, because they have decided 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that they are.
So now you know.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
Alan Watts made a point about how the west has this deeply ingrained reverence of intellectualism, a property that he says was historically absent in places like India or China. He says this is grew from the bedrock of their religion.

I was having a discussion with a friend, I tried to explain the merits of intuition and the failings of thinking.
He was cordial and a good conversationalist, but his body language suggested he disagreed.

A point like that would not need to be proved here. The argument, or the presentation of it, would not be so important. A different perspective predominates.

I like to think that with enough effort any person could be made to realize the wisdom that Crow and others bring to this place. Misplaced optimism perhaps.

N.B. DMT, do you post when you're high? I don't mean to be rude but some, though not all, of your posts remind me of the kind of thing my mates and I would write back when I was a stoner.

Simpleton
No Avatar
Black
You think DMT posts when he's high? You really think that Water? :)

crow
Member Avatar
One
You don't see why Water might think that, Simpleton? Do you really not see why he might?

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Scientists are starting to have little impact on my life after a lifetime of reverence for them. The political biases and the poor analysis, totally lacking in anything apart from thoughts and ideology, make it a bastardisation of the world I barely remember. In those days there was a left over from the late 1800's and early 1900's where the truth of the world around us was the driver and the arguments amongst themselves were robust and essential to distilling this search for practical truth.

Now we have reviews of theory by people of similar thinking and outcomes that cannot be replicated by a scientist who disagrees. Poor excuse for the western world but a neon light pointing to a new dark age approaching in the next couple of hundred years. Bloody glad I am old.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Yes. My wife and I often observe that we die at the age we do, because that's about all anyone could reasonably manage, when the relentless lemmings-over-a-cliff behavior of younger humans leaves us choking in their purposeless dust.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Technology · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone