Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Honest truth.
Topic Started: Feb 20 2016, 01:50 PM (131 Views)
Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
How strange that the honest truth is so unacceptable to people.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Racer Poet
Member Avatar
First
It was strange to me once, now it's utterly predictable. Most people are cowards, and it's no surprise they shrink from the truth if it is at all uncomfortable for them.

That's where ego comes in, to protect the coward from real life.
Edited by Racer Poet, Feb 21 2016, 06:43 PM.
Vroom!

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
R.P. - "Most people are cowards, and it's no surprise they shirk from the truth if it is at all uncomfortable for them.

That's where ego comes in, to protect the coward from real life."

What you say is true but there seems to be more to it than that. The 'real' truth strikes a bell inside you that resonates and it is very powerful. Our societies are based on a structure that bows down to those supposedly on top and sneers at those on the bottom. To maintain this balance, a certain amount of lies are necessary and these go mostly unnoticed.

When you have a man who speaks not only the truth but truth in reality, then that one is dangerous to this fine balance of social order and self-interest, driven by the ego. So! they nail him up on a metaphorical piece of wood, along with the crims. and murderers so that we do not get too many like him.

There have been very short periods in time where the enlightened have been welcomed and a peak time was 7-8th century in China and Japan. St Francis of Assisi was allowed in a rare point of tolerance in the Catholic church.

We may be moving towards a time of acceptance of the enlightened again but it ain't obvious, ask Crow?
Edited by crow, May 27 2016, 08:48 PM.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
people are so optimistic. all I see is an overpopulated world and wherever there's people they bring their problems onto the world. much people and much problems.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Mannered T. quote "people are so optimistic. all I see is an overpopulated world and wherever there's people they bring their problems onto the world. much people and much problems."

Without optimism life can get difficult at times. The ideal would be to just accept it for what it is BUT that is hard for most people.

Sure the world is over populated but consider that all the people in the world can fit into Tasmania (small Island off Australia). Much of the world's problem in population is due to increased food and water supplies in Africa/India and China. Prior to the last 20 years or so, huge famines and droughts would wipe out millions.

We are attracted to optimistic people and there is nothing worse than getting caught at a party by a pessimist. Mind you I am quite brutal in that area as I see no reason to spend my time searching for the 'pin head' of interest in a person.

crow
Member Avatar
One
I often observe that optimism is the self-defeating variant of what I call optimalism.
Better than pessimism, for sure, but not half as good as optimalism.

Optimalism: tuned-up and as efficient as possible. The best that anything or anyone could be.
The best possible outcome among the myriad lesser outcomes, that almost certainly will actually be the case.
To anticipate the best, while knowing the best may well not happen.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mustafa
No Avatar
Green
Oscar
Feb 20 2016, 01:50 PM
How strange that the honest truth is so unacceptable to people.
Stick to your honesty and always say the truth Oscar.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Life without the Secrets · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone