Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Check-in.
Topic Started: Aug 4 2016, 02:53 PM (3,521 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
Tired of seeing "No New Posts" on the new posts notification?
Me too.
Yet I sometimes tire of coming up with something to write about.
And so...

Here's the place to leave your mark, without the need to be in any way creative or lively.
Leave a greeting, say hello, good-day, report how you feel right now, etc.

At least, if we all do that, there will be something new to read.

I'll be generous, and make a big effort to start:

Hey there! I feel like crap, today, after a trip to the not very big city, yesterday.
My eyes are sore, I barely slept, and the bunny is missing.
How's things with you?

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Simpleton
No Avatar
Black
Today I find myself particularly excitable, for no identifiable reason. That's not too uncommon for me though. Whatever the reason may be, it sure beats being irritable.
Edited by Simpleton, Aug 4 2016, 04:32 PM.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Today is a BIG day - I slept for over 8 hours. A very rare event in an old man's lot in life. I almost feel HUMAN!

crow
Member Avatar
One
That's the spirit :)
Good for you both. Insomnia is a nasty business, and feeling randomly irritable never did anyone any good.

The bunny suddenly turned up, so my wife and I are restored again.
Wired up some expensive raccoon lights, to the back porch overhang. Twelve volt systems appeal to me. If I get it wrong, I don't get to blow up, like with mains voltage.

Bear311
Member Avatar
Green
We have a resident bunny too. It is a good year for them, I guess. Too tired to post anything else today. Aren't you glad?

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
At work a few days ago a middle aged woman who also worked in the centre asked me if working in retail had increased my empathy.
I answered no, but I felt a little thrown by the question. Does working with other people make you more empathetic?

crow
Member Avatar
One
Em... pathetic, maybe :)
But no, it doesn't. It just shows me how people are, and generally that's not so good.
Only a female could ask a question like that.

On another note, my raccoon lights work a treat. I can see the whole deck, now, at night.
It's amazing how bright those tiny LEDs are, for the minute amount of power they draw.
I'm running both lights from a solar panel and a tiny 12v battery from a UPS computer backup unit.
The wife is a happy wife. Consequently, I am a happy husband.

My wife was digging a fairly deep hole in the exceedingly rocky ground, earlier, picking out all the rocks, and leaving fine dun-colored dust. So the bunny decided to take multiple nose-dives, head-first into it, rolling on his back, stretching out, with his eyes closed in sheer delight. He must have done it fifty times. Too bad I couldn't get a video of that!

Edited by crow, Aug 5 2016, 12:20 AM.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I read the first three chapters of the merlin factor the other day. Powerful stuff. I wonder if I will ever finish it. I would like to but I don't have it in me to read in general. If I read its most always comics or fantasy or something super easy and leisurely.

Applying wall paint tomorrow. Second time. With that the walls are done. The roof is done, the bathroom is done. Then there is the doors and pantry, the radiators, the wall behind the radiators, the water tubes... But no need to do all of that at once.

crow
Member Avatar
One
I have for company today two female woodpeckers, inside my back deck, flapping around while I have my coffee.
They're the female component of this year's brood that includes a jaunty young male.
Sometimes they land on me, and that can be uncomfortable. I must look like a tree...

Finally managed to get my 2010 Mac Mini to function as a home theater system, and last night we watched a YouTube movie. My wife thinks I am a genius, and that's fine with me. Rather a genius than a moron, I suppose, even though neither one is very applicable.

The trouble with solar panels is that birds seem irresistibly drawn to crap on them. Along with raccoons being irresistibly drawn to pull at the wires. Garden hoses, too, are prone to develop tiny pinhole leaks, that can only be the result of sharp little baby raccoon teeth. Life in The Wild West, but give me that over people, any day.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Just listening to some old R&B by a guy I used to follow as a teenager - Chris Farlowe. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed his stuff.

His versions of ''I've been loving her too long" Otis Reading Number and ''It was easier to hurt her'' were a part of my reformation in my mid 20's, when I decided I didn't need to be a tough guy by hiding my romantic self in a cloak of stupidity.

Strength and weakness are odd things for a young man.

Still having had a trip down my young romantic side, I immediately put on Best of Pink Floyd...

crow
Member Avatar
One
The mechanical alien rhythms you fill your mind with, are what holds you back from where you'd most like to be.
Maybe I'm wrong about this.
Then again, maybe I'm right.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Gerbils appear to sleep in twos but then there is only a pair of them to observe.

One sleeps on top of the other, with the one on the bottom usually sleeping on its back feet/paws in air. It is good to sleep on your back if you're a gerbil that like to be groomed.

They are quite adorable sleeping together, bundled tight. A ball of tail and fur.

crow
Member Avatar
One
There's nothing in the world like animals. They are a human's perfect therapy, observed, appreciated, treasured, revered, as a natural antidote to the unnaturalness of humans.
Beyond these things, they are also what they are, mysterious and precious.
Yesterday, a human visitor, upon being showed our rabbit, happily rolling in dust, blissfully alive, droned on about genetic codes and DNA, entirely missing what she was looking at. Poor her, but deserving of no sympathy for being a poor her.

Meanwhile, my wife and I, our house and garden filled with creatures and all their untidiness, agreed that a life without creatures is really not much of a life at all.

Thanks, Tucken :)

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
crow
Aug 5 2016, 07:30 PM
The mechanical alien rhythms you fill your mind with, are what holds you back from where you'd most like to be.
Maybe I'm wrong about this.
Then again, maybe I'm right.

Crow: didn't you say you used to play in a band? I did try to find your playing on classical gas but couldn't find it. Link?

Different music for different days. Mahler is my 'go to' man to use the modern vernacular..

Bear311
Member Avatar
Green
Looking through some of the pictures on the forum, I thought I post some of MY garden pictures, and had a good laugh. It became evident that I have not updated my Garden Album in a very long time. Since my husband photographs out there daily, it never occurred to me that those photos never made it into my Album. Well, I will have to do something about that as soon as summer school is over. It has been so long since I "bragged" that I did not realize there were no new photos to brag with.
After thought: "been too busy rescuing tiny bunnies in Mr. McGregor's garden".
Edited by Bear311, Aug 7 2016, 02:54 AM.

Telemachus
Member Avatar
Blue
I found out how simple and small aspects of behavior show the level of neurosis of a person. For example, washing the dishes. There is no extra energy or time needed to do the dishes quietly, without the water splashing to the floor and stuff like that. Actually, to do that less energy is required with a little readjustment of attention. Nevertheless, whole of my life I used to wash the dishes loudly, drops of water everywhere, breathing impatiently. But lately I am starting to notice my steps are becoming more quiet, and my motions, when I do some chores, start to resemple that of a Japanese calm person.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Good for you. You're discovering something most of us never do.
It takes no extra effort to manifest sufficient attention to become efficient.
My wife struggles with this. Most do.
Attention at all times, bar sleeping. It soon becomes a habit, and then there's no looking back.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Bear311
Aug 7 2016, 02:49 AM
Looking through some of the pictures on the forum, I thought I post some of MY garden pictures, and had a good laugh. It became evident that I have not updated my Garden Album in a very long time. Since my husband photographs out there daily, it never occurred to me that those photos never made it into my Album. Well, I will have to do something about that as soon as summer school is over. It has been so long since I "bragged" that I did not realize there were no new photos to brag with.
We don't brag here. If you can translate the sharing of beautiful images into 'bragging', may I suggest you do it on the rest of the internet.
Not here.
The words 'brag' and 'bragging' have become the latest attack-terms used by leftists to diminish their chosen targets.
Thoroughly ugly, like all things leftist.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Ardy
Aug 4 2016, 04:46 PM
Today is a BIG day - I slept for over 8 hours. A very rare event in an old man's lot in life. I almost feel HUMAN!

Why didn't I keep my BIG mouth shut! I have not had a decent nights sleep since I made that pathetic appeal for understanding....

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
What is it that interferes with your sleep Ardy?

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I'm a hermit! A human design 5/2 manifestor...

and type

yet another personality system and a very extensive one at that.

Bear311
Member Avatar
Green
crow
Aug 7 2016, 05:07 PM
Bear311
Aug 7 2016, 02:49 AM
We don't brag here. If you can translate the sharing of beautiful images into 'bragging', may I suggest you do it on the rest of the internet.
Not here.
The words 'brag' and 'bragging' have become the latest attack-terms used by leftists to diminish their chosen targets.
Thoroughly ugly, like all things leftist.

This is precisely why I prefer telepathic communication. It is more difficult to be misunderstood.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Go ahead and telepathise then. That way your words will not be misunderstood.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
I finished studying a cert IV in avionics recently, with the theory component done all that's left to do is secure a apprenticeship, and there seems to be none around (outside of the the military but my medical history precludes that option for a while).
Pretty bummed out about it really, sick of working in retail, just want a career. It's frustrating.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Life is full of setbacks. Mine was a non-starter for many years. Suffering, in one way or another, is probably as essential as oxygen.
We heard an owl, nearby, three nights ago, and our bunny hasn't been seen since. We fear the worst.
Somehow one copes, shrugs it off, and moves on.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Scribble · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone