Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
True Faith?
Topic Started: Aug 18 2016, 04:38 PM (297 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
Faith is not a lot of use. True faith, even less. It's not about faith. It's about not-thinking.

The mind is what ruins the lives of all those who fail to realize how powerful a mind is. It requires vigilant discipline to keep it a useful tool, rather than allow it to become a weapon.
Weapons have their uses, sometimes, but can also damage the one that wields them.

To get anywhere on the spiritual path, the mind must first be silenced. This is non-negotiable. Fail in this, and you get nowhere.
Once the mind finally falls silent, if indeed it ever does, seriously strange things begin to happen.
A whole new sense awakens, so subtle it is easily missed, but so powerful, so capable, it can transport you into anything, anywhere, in every moment of time.

This is the nature of Soul. If you even have one. A fragment of God, homing in on its Source.
No trace of 'you' is present, yet you are your Soul.

This is the shape of Mysticism, and it is, not surprisingly, entirely mysterious.
The mind could never do this, but without mind, you can.
With the caveat that by 'you', I refer to no-identity, because in this state, you don't have one.
'You' are entirely encompassed by your Soul, and it, alone, can do this impossible thing.

Yes, there is God. But nothing imaginable by anything so rudimentary as a mind.
So you can see how futile it is to demand 'proof' of it.
The mind simply can not grasp it.

Faith, as you see, is entirely the wrong word. Acceptance serves far better.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sacred Fire
Member Avatar
Blue
I like to think of faith as the steadfast confidence that my mind is lying to me when it says, "This here is all there is." I know better than that. This isn't all there is - "this" isn't even real! Just shadows on the wall, like an old bearded guy in Greece used to say. I know there's a sun out there. That's faith.

I haven't had transcendental enlightenment. But I know that there is such a thing. Maybe you don't need faith any more after you make the leap of faith, into transcendental enlightenment. Or maybe that's a whole new kind? I guess words fail there.
Edited by Sacred Fire, Nov 8 2016, 01:47 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
A lot of what you'll read here is a jump - or nine - ahead of anywhere a human ever jumps to.
The key is to let it sit. As you have just done. Unchanged.
Good to have you posting here.

Yes, faith is maybe better than no faith, perhaps in the same way starvation is better than dismemberment.
Both don't do you a lot of good, but there are degrees involved.

Anything is a start, and starting is the only way to get anywhere.

Sacred Fire
Member Avatar
Blue
I want to say that it's hard to just do nothing. But it's only hard because I keep trying to do nothing, which, of course, means that I fail. And if I ask, "What should I do?" the answer is... Nothing. Paradox and absurdity, which is also kinda funny.

But why do I keep doing things? No reason. Okay, then. What makes me keep doing things? Desire, particularly for control. So I'll just focus on the fact that I don't really control anything. Maybe I've been doing nothing this whole time, and it was just an illusion that I was doing things. So it's all fine. Funny, again, but less bitter now.

crow
Member Avatar
One
It's the hardest thing there is. Until it suddenly becomes the simplest. It's the transition between the two that boggles the mind!

Nobody can do it. I did it once. Describing it, or how to do it, is something that still eludes me, but is the whole reason for this site to exist.

I suspect, though, that actually doing it isn't nearly as important as simply accepting that it can be done, and that there is, indeed, something vast and benign in control of the universe.

Sacred Fire
Member Avatar
Blue
Thinking < believing < knowing < being

If you really believe something that's true, you know it. And if you really know it, you are it.

It makes sense. Knowledge is a connection with a thing, not a yes/no answer to a question.

Sacred Fire
Member Avatar
Blue
How can I escape the thought-prison? Only what is outside of it can save me. You can cry out to God, but only God can decide to come to you. That's my faith - He has decided, and my decision is a result of His.

I have slowly begun to have little periods of calm and stillness. The more I meditate, the longer they get. He has arrived.

silentpartner
Member Avatar
Green
Faith really isn't a factor, is it? More like finding a window, and opening it. Or deciding to leave the house altogether and stepping outside.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
silentpartner
Nov 10 2016, 02:04 PM
Faith really isn't a factor, is it? More like finding a window, and opening it. Or deciding to leave the house altogether and stepping outside.
This was solid advice. When I read it it stood out as a very helpful comment that SF could benefit from. And not just him.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Sorry Tucken, I wrote that, not her. Although I'm sure she would say much the same thing.
Her computer had broken down and I was logged in as her, while I tried to sort it out.
In fact she now has my Mac, and I have hers: spent a week converting it into a spaceship :)

I'll let her know you'd like to hear from her, and that I would too.
But forums aren't really her thing, and sometimes I have to wonder if they're really mine, either.

NoKnowing
No Avatar
White
IT is. All things are automatic,whether it be faith or anything.
That's my personal experience.And I've been experiencing something for months,which is hard to describe,but it exists.

@crow Should I make a thread out of what I'm experiencing for months on this path? If yes,then in which section?

Thanks

crow
Member Avatar
One
Put it anywhere you feel is appropriate; if it isn't, I'll move it somewhere else.
That said, members will find that many sections are read-only to them, until a few posts in common areas indicate that they are Adept-material, whereupon they can post almost everywhere.

One place you can always post is in your own Intro thread.
Again, if it's excellent, I'll move it to where it belongs.
And if it's awful, I'll also move it to where it belongs :)

Mustafa
No Avatar
Green
I just read the first post. This is nonsense. We know magic however breathtaking isn't real. Whydon't you bring down Islam in that case? And erect the world. Why are the hospital so evil with me? I'm perfectly, was, kind. Is it because i have weapons (tooth and claws) you must sit on me and rip them off?

Allah has challenges to you.
1. Bring a chapter like, LIKE the Quran if you can.
2. If you doubt Allahs soverigenity, be Allah yourself, go ahead. But if you don't and you won't, fear fire prepared for men and stones.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
You have the wrong approach. Seek your own answers.

Mustafa
No Avatar
Green
Look, i can't lie. Even if i'm a skilled liar. Even if the discussion is against me. I don't buy you are a Soul without ego and desires.

On my spiritual path i believe life is work. Heaven and relaxation comes by God in the next life, lifes. In his way in his time. If you are speaking the truth and by the way you may well be, you are wreaking havoc on Gods way by calling to other paths.

The believers souls will be dragged peacefully, the disbelievers souls will violently dragged out equalling i hear 60 sword strikes pain, and then to the Barzach/Purgatory/Bardo and into resurrection/rebith.

Did you take on my way?
Allah is truly enlightened, because he is free from this world. Buddhists are possibly allright.
Regarding True Faith in Islam. We are not supposed to know about the soul. I'm being messed with! And i'm vulnerable. Life is not suffering when you get what you want. Unlike copy and Paste like you Water. We have love, combining the two worlds, the Quran is otherworldly indeed.

Einstein says; Ego =1/Knowledge. Before my 1 (emotions? Yes.) was 100 (%) and knowledge equal to 1. Hence they call me Grandiose, i don't know what they say now. I was like a vampire, not magic potent but physically powerful, like Buddha or a Believer. You are like mentalizers ( mind tricksters). You are under control. Because of Allahs and the believers honor, we don't hit women ... or men. Pick a time, anytime, anywhere, we'll be there. But you can't break God, nor erect the world. Just speak fancy and look cool.

They have taken their oaths as a cover, so they averted [people] from the way of Allah . Indeed, it was evil that they were doing.

That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

And when you see them, their forms please you, and if they speak, you listen to their speech. [They are] as if they were pieces of wood propped up - they think that every shout is against them. They are the enemy, so beware of them. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

They say, "If we return to al-Madinah, the more honored [for power] will surely expel therefrom the more humble." And to Allah belongs [all] honor, and to His Messenger, and to the believers, but the hypocrites do not know.

https://quran.com/63
Edited by Mustafa, Apr 12 2018, 02:40 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mystery · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone