Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Agree/Disagree.
Topic Started: Sep 22 2016, 09:12 AM (127 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
It is the unfortunate nature of the Westerner to indulge in agree/disagree, as if that made any difference to anything but the one doing it.
I often hear Westerners announcing their disagreement with Lao Tzu's observations about life on the grounds that they make no sense.
The thing the Westerner does not understand is that taoism isn't a mind-based thing. It is a no-mind thing; intuition.
It makes no sense, and isn't intended to. It is how life works. And life isn't a mind thing.

Taoism makes of a man something that merges with nature, in contrast to being something that forever counters it.
For peace, calm, balance, and contentment, nothing else comes close.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Taoism is possibly the great pieces of spiritual 'software' the world has ever seen. Zen would not be zen without it and Buddhism dissolves into another form of religion without the Tao. Yet Buddha had an intrinsic understanding of it or he would not have held up the flower that made Mahakashyapa smile.

I wonder who discovered this? It am pretty sure it was not Lao Tzu as he refers to it as something that had been understood for a while. Maybe an enlightened person of old recognised the reality of the Tao. Lao Tzu just put words where no words should exist.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Nobody discovered it; nobody understood it.
It is the truth that becomes visible to those who are able to focus on what lies beyond - and untouched by - humanity, its petty concerns.

As a crow speaks: it is not the crow that speaks, but what makes a crow, and what makes this so.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Crow: "As a crow speaks: it is not the crow that speaks, but what makes a crow, and what makes this so."

I recognise the question and it's implications but there is no answer I can immediately give, thus any statement of this kind becomes a koan for those of us 'outside' the 'inside'.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Strange you read that as a question, Ardy; there was no question mark; it was a statement.
Maybe I don't understand your reply...

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
The statement you made can be easily read as a koan (if that is what floats your boat) and I responded to that statement as if it were a question or a challenge to those of us who can only gawp at a statement like that.

Also the end "what makes this so"

Simpleton
Member Avatar
All-Seeing Eye
I understand his reply, Ardy had a question and mistaked it as being crows.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Observations · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone