Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Story of Your Life.
Topic Started: Apr 3 2017, 05:06 PM (121 Views)
crow
Member Avatar
One
You may find, upon re-reading buried topics, that they say something quite different to you now, than they did at your first reading.
Perspectives change, morph, refine and resolve themselves into strange and previously unfamiliar things.
I first noticed this phenomenon on subsequent re-readings of the verses of taoteching.

Take a look. Delve deep. Dig up the remains of what you'd read. Notice what you didn't, first time around.
Only you can reveal, to yourself, the magic and mystery in these lines.
Have you discovered, have you recognized, the story of your own life?

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Simpleton
No Avatar
Black
The words of an ancient Chinese man you were reading, turned out to be reading you?

You do much the same to me, if you haven't noticed.

I rip nearly every page I read on this site, so that our words will go on in the case of this sites closure, and so that if another member decides to delete their posts, they will be back as soon as I can copy and paste them. You have been warned.
Edited by Simpleton, Apr 3 2017, 10:13 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
Now that's why you suddenly became an Admin. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd wondered why.
Responsibility, support, forward vision, and the youth to come up with the energy necessary.
It often takes an old man to manifest wisdom, but it takes a young man to recognize it, pass it forward, and add to it his own.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
On re-reading some of the posts here and a couple of my zen books, I find that I don't see more in them but that they have simplified and what was complex originally now seems straight forward.

I have not gone back to the Tao Te Ching for a year or so, so who knows what that holds....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Questions and Answers · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone