Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What do you look like?
Topic Started: May 3 2017, 08:05 AM (452 Views)
Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
Describe your appearance, because sometimes I like to imagine what you guys look like :-)

I'm tall and thin, my legs are meatier than my torso, I'm quite hairy everywhere except for on my head where I'm steadily loosing it. I suspect my hair follicles are just insolent and have decided to abandon their posts and burrow downwards to the soles of my feet, for traction. I await their arrival any day now.

I'm short sighted and wear glasses all the time, contacts irritate my eyes and I can't wear them for more than a few hours. Last time I wore contacts I went for a walk along a rainforest 'track' (actually paved bitumen leading to a water catchment and waterfall) and all the extra perceptual input made me feel high as though on drugs. On the bright side if I didn't wear glasses I'd have surely lost a eye to burns from crouching down in front of the oven while opening it or from walking face first into tree branches (I suspect tiny pikemen are behind it).

I have dark brown nearly black hair which is steadily greying. My facial hair has patches of red in it which seem to be bleaching grey white, though it's been a long while since I grew a beard and it's hard to tell with stubble. My eyes are brown. My mum's side is from England and my dad's is from Sweden (rather distantly going by his phenotype).

There is scarring on my bicep from when I had a bottle of spirits cracked over my temple. There was hardly a scratch on my head but some glass cut into the bicep muscle. I had to get internal and external stitches and I was kind of excited to watch the doctor do this but I had to wait a few hours to see the doc and by that time my head and jaw were pounding and I was made too withdrawn from the pain to care about anything much. A friend of mine has a few chronic medical conditions that cause her frequent migraines, amongst other things. She's said that sometimes the pain gets so bad that everything just goes white and she kind of loses consciousness, the way she described it sounded like dying. Anyway while I was waiting for the doctor to finish doing his thing (he kept asking if the stitching was hurting and if I wanted more local anaesthetic) I was thinking that my friend must regularly experience pain worse than this, all the damned time.

My head is kind of eggish shaped and is pointy at the top, like the dorsal fin of a terrifically fat shark. I like the feeling of a shaved head but am too lazy to maintain it, when I'm bald enough for it I'd like to grow out a skullet so that it looks like my skull is wearing a little wispy cape.

What do you look like? Stories welcome.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
Posted Image

My favorite photo.
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
Hahaha. Water I think that his left arm was broken in many places. Maybe that happens if you're so abnormally thin..

crow
Member Avatar
One
Nice feet though. BTW that's a coffee mug in the right hand, not a handbag.

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
Maybe the arm got all squigly from hefting that enormous mug around.

Actually you've both posted photo's of yourselves before.
On the wikipedia page for Sidartha Guatama there was a mention of a pupil/admirer who was obsessed with his masters appearance. This upset the Bhudda and he was said to have told the guy repeatedly that he was missing the point.

crow
Member Avatar
One
It's quite natural to wonder what sources look like. I wonder too. Soren looks like a demonic rabbit, and strangely, it is the perfect appearance for him to have. Appearance may be a shell inside which the important bit lurks, but - depending upon one's abilities - a great deal can be known from appearance.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I can't tell. Even if I tried there is no good way to say it.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Oh! well here goes. I am sure this page will turn into a horror story.

I am the tall one standing and my partner Alison is on the opposite side. This is in a temple in Bali on a diving trip last year.

Description: 6'4" of rippling muscle (only 40 years ago!) now balding, limping (new hip soon), size 14 shoes. Is there anything else you need to know?
Edited by crow, Nov 16 2017, 05:14 PM.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
No worries you remind me of one or two actors!

So you still go on diving trips? You must have a love for the sea.

Sacred Fire
Member Avatar
Blue
I just came in from the rain. So right now I look like a wet cat.

Sauve_qui_peut
Member Avatar
Blue
I am big for a female. My head is too big for women's hats.
I used to be five eight and a half, but I am shrinking from top to bottom but
widening out from side to side. I have big feet too. Actually my left foot is a little
bigger than my right foot, and I don't like that because if the right shoe fits just right the left one doesn't.

Edited by Sauve_qui_peut, May 5 2017, 12:48 PM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
I used to make my own simple footwear, moccasin/mukluk style.
In fact I used to make everything I wore, from furs, hides, feathers and bones.
Then again, I was alone in the woods, so nobody could be offended by it.
Making your own clothing, you can easily adapt it to physical discrepancies, in a way impossible with mass-produced stuff.

I stank of woodsmoke and looked like a Hollywood Indian.
Too bad I have no pictures. Those were the days :)

Sauve_qui_peut
Member Avatar
Blue
I can imagine you have had more life than most people crow.
When I thought about the difficulty and expense I have getting comfortable shoes,
I thought about another thread here on this forum about progress and I side with progress
for my shoes.
Back to what I look like. I wear flat shoes. I don't remember ever wearing high heels and of course,
I have never worn those high-high healed shoes. I forget what they are called. I call them ridiculous
and vain. I don't wear flat shoes because I think I am too tall. I wear comfortable shoes.
Edited by Sauve_qui_peut, May 5 2017, 01:12 PM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Heels are great. Not for comfort, of course. For that very special other. A giving, for the glory.
Not very useful for walking far, they are best worn when sashaying around the bedroom.

Some folks like tall women. You'd be surprised.

Veronique
Member Avatar
No Hoper
I have yellowish eyes. A white skin. Long wavy brown hair. I am rather slim. 5' 7 and 110 pounds.

Ardy
Member Avatar
Generous
Tucken
May 5 2017, 12:35 AM
No worries you remind me of one or two actors!

So you still go on diving trips? You must have a love for the sea.
Hi Tucken, yes I do, at least last year before the hip got too painful and I could not get into a wet suit. I started diving in 1972 and love it down there so much that I am hoping to keep going until the final bell! I do a fair bit of underwater photography.

To add to my description, I am an extrovert with, as described to me, a booming laugh, yet more than my share of introspection. I have broken bones in my neck can't look far to the right, my hands look a little twisted and the right wrist wont go backwards. I have scars, mostly hidden at the moment by my thinning hair, if that goes I will look like I am made up of spare parts! Most of this is due to playing rugby in my youth.
Sauve_qui_peut
May 5 2017, 01:09 PM
I can imagine you have had more life than most people crow.
When I thought about the difficulty and expense I have getting comfortable shoes,
I thought about another thread here on this forum about progress and I side with progress
for my shoes.
Back to what I look like. I wear flat shoes. I don't remember ever wearing high heels and of course,
I have never worn those high-high healed shoes. I forget what they are called. I call them ridiculous
and vain. I don't wear flat shoes because I think I am too tall. I wear comfortable shoes.
I dated a woman in New Zealand in the 70's for a while and she was taller than me (over 6'4"). She was so embarrassed by her height she would sit down as soon as we got into a bar or wherever. The amazing thing to me was that she was a very popular and successful model. I also got to see a famous French model when I was in South Africa and she was VERY tall she was gorgeous and drove the guys crazy....

We are what we are, no sense hiding it. I try to make a habit of standing up straight but you get used to bending down to talk to the little people.
Edited by Ardy, May 6 2017, 04:17 PM.

Simpleton
No Avatar
Black
Several unrelated individuals have said that I look like a young Robin Williams. The clerk at the convenience store I used to go to used to call me Mork. I still don't see it.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Having viewed your likeness, I can reassure you that you do not resemble Mork in the least.
Actually, while you do look vaguely familiar, somehow, you don't resemble anyone I've ever seen.

Veronique
Member Avatar
No Hoper
People tend to see other people or things with their own bias. It's no wonder that two people can see the same person differently. We all comes from different angles so to speak. Also, the same person can look differently when the occasion changes.

crow
Member Avatar
One
A couple of people have told me I look exactly like Steven Speilberg. I can't see that, either.
Maybe all they see is the short-trimmed grey beard. Anyway, he's much better looking than me :)

Water
Member Avatar
Adventurer
Ardy: That nose looks like it's tilted at a few windmills :-)

Crow: Your eyes look different to Mr. Spielbergs, you've got soul.

Simpleton: Robin Williams eh, he had a powerful chin. I'd imagined you'd look like James Dean mixed with spaghetti western Clint Eastwood.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Posted Image

Here's what Simpleton looked like when he was flying an F4U with VMA 214 in the Pacific.
Of course, he's younger than that now.

Note the overall air of disapproval that marks the superior Global Moderator.
And since he is one, he can make this post go away if he so desires :)

DMT
Member Avatar
Orange
I look very horny or at least that is an appropriate avatar for me or and a leafy face. or dayglow green with my motorcycle rain jacket on!!

Sauve_qui_peut
Member Avatar
Blue
I have noticed this about me. Many things I say can be interpreted two ways, maybe more ways, I don't know.

I say, " I don't wear flat shoes because I think I am too tall."

Which anyone whose head is in another world than I am will always read it as though the reason
why I won't wear high heals shoes is because they make me look too tall.

That isn't what I said. I say I don't wear high healed shoes because they are not comfortable
and because I suspect they might cause some damage. It ISN'T because they will make me
look taller.

I love my curse!
I am thinking that what I meant sounds funny so I wrote it to sound not funny.

What I meant was I do not not wear high heeled shoes because they make me look tall.
I am not so tall that shoes will make me look too tall, though my husband is shorter that I am,
but not when we both sit down.
Did I graduate to blue? I forget. I forget what color I was.
OK. YOU'RE right. Don't not is the right way. My way is the wrong way.
Perhaps the contraction don't was invented for the prevention of knock-knock jokes
where they don't belong?

FYI if I capitalize the word you or you're, or even your, it is because I mean in general.
or "to whom it may concern".
Edited by Sauve_qui_peut, May 14 2017, 08:18 AM.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Yes, you graduated to Blue, having rapidly skipped past White, Yellow, Orange, and Green so fast you didn't notice.
At 50 posts do things turn Blue.

" I don't wear flat shoes because I think I am too tall."
This thread is about what you look like, as opposed to the possible health-related issues caused by what you might cause yourself to look like. A fine distinction, perhaps, but we often deal in fine distinctions around here.
As we also like to attempt that near-extinct magic known as 'communication', so it would be appreciated by all if you could do your very best in that department.

A bit of discipline goes a long way, especially if one applies it (to) oneself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Scribble · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone