Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Secrets Of Life.
Here you may learn, contribute, and discuss - but not debate - the Mystical Nature of Life.

As a guest, you're limited to certain areas and features. If you would like to become a member, please go to:
http://the-many-secrets-of-life.blogspot.ca/ and leave a comment.

Otherwise you may click below, and maybe get a result...
--->Click to register.<---

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Become who you are!
Topic Started: May 5 2017, 11:21 PM (165 Views)
Veronique
Member Avatar
No Hoper
“Become who you are!”

- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra: A Book for All and None
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crow
Member Avatar
One
That's perilously close to being a new-age slogan. It's true, of course, and good advice, but how many could see it for what it is?
Did Nietzsche, even? I understand he was the one who claimed nothing had any meaning.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Oscar
Member Avatar
Beloved
I suppose that most maybe all new age ideas came out of something real. That's muck to wade through for sure if you're not very intuitive. I just encountered someone who discredit Osho for all the typical reasons claiming he duped people with meditations and drugs to steal their money. I guess that it must appear that way if you cannot tell that he is legit. People are much afraid of frauds they can't tell what is real.

crow
Member Avatar
One
Just tonight I read a comment from someone, somewhere:
"God sounds pretty egotistical to me".
I quietly chuckled. What could you say to something like that? It's so crazy on so many levels.

Sacred Fire
Member Avatar
Blue
In my experience, people project their own nonsense onto God. Fred Phelps, of the Westboro Baptist Church, believed in a God partially defined by anger. Why's that? Oh, yeah. Phelps was a total rage-case.

"God sounds pretty egotistical to me." What, because you're not Him?

crow
Member Avatar
One
Some people like blaming God for everything. It's perfect! God never mounts a defense. There are no consequences!
Except, of course, for the big consequence of the blamer having a terrible life (to rage about, and blame God for).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Zarathustra · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Visitor Counter
Visitor Counter
Basic! theme created by g0b0ts of ZetaBoards Theme Zone